PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady contract situation (Merged - UPDATED:Deal Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got 2 out of 3.

Gisele won’t let him try with another team at 43. She looks at Kraft/Scar/McDaniels as the closest thing to protector.
Can you please stop saying this like it’s a fact. We get that you think you think like a supermodel but you have zero, absolutely zero to back this up.

There's nothing stopping them from cutting a new deal prior to March 16. The two day window is the "legal tampering" period where other teams can talk to the player with an expiring contract - likely including Brady (not sure how the voidable years gets treated in this case). He just can't officially sign with anyone other than the Patriots prior to March 18.
Something is being reported wrong. There would be no reason to sign the deal if it automatically voids.
It just makes no sense. People don’t do things for no reason.

It's truly impressive that Kevin Arnold's OBVIOUS sarcasm consistently gets you red-faced on command. He's Pavlov to you, Scribe.
You don't know him very well. And I'm far from "red-faced," but thanks anyway for being impressed.

I'm not. Kid seems legit both on n off the field. Anything can happen though.
Through a jet fans eyes he Might but a 400lb woman looks good to a guy who has been sleeping with a 500 lb woman with a mustache.

Let's save it for your Jets Suck thread.
That's an evasion, for obvious reasons. You know, I know and the American people know that Dam Darnit, a/k/a Blockhead Blunder Boy, has shown NOTHING to warrant your wild optimism.

That's an evasion, for obvious reasons. You know, I know and the American people know that Dam Darnit, a/k/a Blockhead Blunder Boy, has shown NOTHING to warrant your wild optimism.
People are quick to jump on the Darnold bandwagon. Just like they were quick on Luck & RGIII... patience would be better served. I just can’t understand why fans / media want to Canton all these young QBs.

Something is being reported wrong. There would be no reason to sign the deal if it automatically voids.

No it's not. It is for the Patriots benefit, not Tom's. He will continue to sign these contracts year after year. It lessens the dead cap money if they need to parts ways for any reason.

People are quick to jump on the Darnold bandwagon. Just like they were quick on Luck & RGIII... patience would be better served. I just can’t understand why fans / media want to Canton all these young QBs.
Jete fans consider Darnit the messiah because he was drafted early in the first round. He has yet to do anything to earn that mantle.

Sounds like season is over the same day free agency begins, March 18 at 4 pm. They would have between Mar-16 and Mar-18 to cut a new deal.
View attachment 23819
I don’t see why they would necessarily have to wait until the season is over, though. I stated the “end of season” (let’s hope early February) just because they probably wouldn’t want to mess with it during games. I don’t think there would be anything preventing them from extending him before the end of the league year, would there? The pact expires at the end of the league year, that’s all.

20 is a round dignified number... both spiritual and elegant... worthy of an Aston Martin or Rolls owner.
21 is a harsh pedestrian number adored by gin swillers and gamblers.

Super G’s yogi advisor has had a vision while in the Brady organic herb garden and the Bundchen’s are acting accordingly.

Doosh and Spaz say Tom is done.

Goodness.

I almost moved to Mawah in 1999

I moved there for a job, but then they shut down the auto plant. I stuck around a while looking for another job, but couldn't find one. It was depressing. By day, I looked for jobs, by night I drank buckets of Tanqueray and wine. So then I bought a nun who couldn't pun and got the hell out of there as fast as I could.

No it's not. It is for the Patriots benefit, not Tom's. He will continue to sign these contracts year after year. It lessens the dead cap money if they need to parts ways for any reason.
Yeah I don’t buy it. There is more to this than Rapaports understanding.
This contract did not lessen the dead money. It created dead money potential. The idea that it voids automatically is where he is probably wrong. It would make no sense to extend 2 years because when it voids both years Sb Amortization will hit in 2020. And it will hit whether he plays or doesn’t.
Neither Brady nor the patriots are stupid. Rapaport though....

Yeah I don’t buy it. There is more to this than Rapaports understanding.
This contract did not lessen the dead money. It created dead money potential. The idea that it voids automatically is where he is probably wrong. It would make no sense to extend 2 years because when it voids both years Sb Amortization will hit in 2020. And it will hit whether he plays or doesn’t.
Neither Brady nor the patriots are stupid. Rapaport though....
It’s the same deal that Brees signed. It voids at the end of the year then it’s back to the drawing board.

It is amazing. Especially since Luck and RGIII were both good as rookies, whereas Darnold was absolutely terrible. There’s zero justification to believe he will be good based on what he did on the field last year.

It is amazing. Especially since Luck and RGIII were both good as rookies, whereas Darnold was absolutely terrible. There’s zero justification to believe he will be good based on what he did on the field last year.
I called him Captain Turnover when he was at SC. I see nothing in his NFL performance which leads me to shed that name.

It was done so that they could have the artificially high salaries, which allows them to renegotiate within the same year, something you can't do if it involves an increase in salary.

Through a jet fans eyes he Might but a 400lb woman looks good to a guy who has been sleeping with a 500 lb woman with a mustache.
I think the funniest thing about this (which had me LOLing at my desk) is that Andy wrote it. Well-played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick