PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and Gronk - Do They Care About The Money Being Given?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I agree. I just pointed out that he got $4oMM up FRONT, which is a point that most mediots fail to either understand or acknowledge

Sorry I didn't articulate my point well. The stat I saw, which was back in 2016, covered just the previous 4 or 5 years and mentioned that Rodgers would surpass Brady in 2017, but it was an apples to apples comparison covering the same time frame

EVERYONE should be agreeing with this point. And for this reason alone, there should be no reason for the "Brady is pissed about his contract" narrative to ever exist....except as an attention grabber.

The whole "the Pats are doomed because their 2 best players hate their coach" narrative is just another reworked version of the old "they hate their coach" line from 2003. It certainly creates interest, but I doubt the substance behind it.
100% agree

Does that include makable incentives or is it $9MM base plus incentives?
There aren’t any incentives that would raise it like they included last year. That’s likely his main beef, or one of them.

They added on extra money if he had so many receptions, played a certain percentage of the time, or made the all pro team. They haven’t included anything like that this year.

There aren’t any incentives that would raise it like they included last year. That’s likely his main beef, or one of them.

They added on extra money if he had so many receptions, played a certain percentage of the time, or made the all pro team. They haven’t included anything like that this year.
Who says he has a beef?

Yes it does.
Well, I suppose there are different levels of stress, but I'd guess it depends on one's definition of stress.

Well, I suppose there are different levels of stress, but I'd guess it depends on one's definition of stress.

Yoga instructor

No stress

Breathe

...and he'd still be under team control

They've won all these championships because Tom wasn't Peyton but now you want him to be?

What is wrong with you?
It is interesting how Brady is changing and none for the better. He's a self absorbed diva and he's become a divisive force within the organization. He's using video docudramas to send messages to his coach and his got his German Shepard Gronk playing along. He when whining to the owner about security and loyalty and forced the Garapollo trade and now we get "this offseason is going to be all about my family" as he runs around the country hocking his book and his moon bat methods.
If Tom Brady played for ANY other team he would mocked and ridiculed and laughed at on a daily basis from every Patriot fan.
Total respect for his play on the field, think he's a lame weak-kneed follower off the field.
Go sell it to someone else Mr. Bundchen.

So a nice compromise is, in a month or two, after the dust of FA settles a bit, to go to Gronk and give him $2-4MM in incentives depending on how much cap space they have at the time.

BTW- If he has any beefs other than that, then he's an assh0le. As much as any player in the franchise over the last 18 years, Gronk has been treated with kid gloves more than anyone, INCLUDING Brady. I can see the money thing, but every on thinks he should be paid more. He should be THRILLED with the treatment and consideration he's gotten from the Pats over the years

As it is, I would be VERY worried about this entire "retirement" gambit. I've said it a number of times before that if you are thinking about retirement then you are more than half way there already. I would be very careful not to invest money in Gronk that isn't tied to his time on the field and productivity from this point on.

I think that Gronk isn't a necessary part of our offense; if we got a top 10 pick for him, I'd be fine. He's an unstoppable force when on the field, but there won't ever be a single season in his career where he doesn't miss 2 or 3 games.

I think that Gronk isn't a necessary part of our offense; if we got a top 10 pick for him, I'd be fine. He's an unstoppable force when on the field, but there won't ever be a single season in his career where he doesn't miss 2 or 3 games.

We don't have many seasons of Brady left, I am not inclined to see him play them deprived of one of the best weapons the game has ever seen for a single 1st round pick.

Brady and Gronk don't care about money as much as having a stress free
work environment.
You mean they want those expensive chairs with lumbar support for their cubicles?

Really, because there already have been 4 where he missed 1 or zero. That’s half of his seasons.

THIS IS WHY I F**KIN HATE WIKIPEDIA

Screenshot - 60356aff3f6f2fd628f4b6245e6400a7 - Gyazo

"On March 20th, 2018 Rob Gronkowski has announced his retirement from professional football. He has cited his newfound passion for acting and wrestling in the professional ranks as his reason for leaving the NFL"

We should have mr. deeds talk to them

Didn’t Gronk sign the contract?
Didn’t the patriots unprecedentedly give him a raise during it?
all true

Brady and Gronk signed their contracts.

Now, presumably it is the patriots that want each of them to sign extensions. I think that it reasonable to discuss what the team might be willing to pay for additional years.
One can assume that because of the previous contracts, that Brady and Gronk will sign for much less than the market. Perhaps they will; perhaps they won't.

I don't think Brady ever cared for money, if he did then he would be traded.

all true

Brady and Gronk signed their contracts.

Now, presumably it is the patriots that want each of them to sign extensions. I think that it reasonable to discuss what the team might be willing to pay for additional years.
One can assume that because of the previous contracts, that Brady and Gronk will sign for much less than the market. Perhaps they will; perhaps they won't.
When did the patriots ask Gronk to do an extension? Why would they extend him before he decides if he will retire?
Gronks previous contract was not below market value when he signed it. It became below mv over time.

When did the patriots ask Gronk to do an extension? Why would they extend him before he decides if he will retire?
Gronks previous contract was not below market value when he signed it. It became below mv over time.

Many have suggesting extensions to Brady and ground to reduce the cap. But fine, for now that's NOT on the table. And we'll need to look elsewhere.

Many have suggesting extensions to Brady and ground to reduce the cap. But fine, for now that's NOT on the table. And we'll need to look elsewhere.
Who are “many”? I was talking about Gronk. Has ANYONE suggested extending the contract of a guy who won’t say whether he wants to play any longer?

As far as Brady the team may feel extending him now isn’t wise. He has 2 years left on his contract and will be 41 when the season starts. That sounds like a guy you wait a year to extend.

You are calling for (or passive aggressively saying “many suggest”) extending the 2 players that seem to be the least sensible players on the team to extend. The patriots don’t typically search around for the biggest cap hits and extend them with no other considerations to throw cap money into the future willy nilly.

I can’t believe it is their plan to offer Gronk an extension before Gronk decides on retiring or not. Evidently you feel that is irrelevant.

I think gronk decided. Working out at tb12 is a good sign

They clearly are NOT trolling for clicks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes