PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and Gronk - Do They Care About The Money Being Given?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeeze, I like how Brady’s supposedly being a jerk for not taking less than 15 mill when cousins; who has never won anything important, makes 28 mill. Just gotta love the media.im going to start paying more attention to which station I’m listening to. Hard to do on satellite radio sports stations

He normally extends his deal, not moves money around.
He cant extend his own deal.

And you were saying he didn’t reduce his cap number. Now you think he is refusing to get an extension?

What are you taking about? An actual number vs a number you pulled out of the air?

You said teams essentially don't plan for dead cap with retiring players. I cited two players who retired who left dead cap residue.

My point is I support extending TB12 but not at a dead cap of $20m 3 years from now.

No. Thus less valuable and easier to screw around with to prevent risk of dead money.

What does a TB12 4 year extention look like then?

You said teams essentially don't plan for dead cap with retiring players. I cited two players who retired who left dead cap residue.
I didn’t say that at all.
I said teams don’t structure contacts that backload big money into retirement years.
The 2 examples you gave price my point.

My point is I support extending TB12 but not at a dead cap of $20m 3 years from now.
Then you need to understand those things are mutually exclusive

What does a TB12 4 year extention look like then?
Who knows. There are lots of ways to structure it but a lot depends upon both sides having a clear understanding of the plans.

My point was that your comment that belichick wouldn’t pay brady 25 million and guarantee it for 2 years is ludicrous because there is no one or nothing else worth spending on if it becimrs necessity.
It probably won’t because brady will continue to take lower payouts to help make the team better. Because he wants to win.

I didn’t say that at all.
I said teams don’t structure contacts that backload big money into retirement years.
The 2 examples you gave price my point.

Then you need to understand those things are mutually exclusive
You said teams don't plan for it.

They are connected.

Who knows. There are lots of ways to structure it but a lot depends upon both sides having a clear understanding of the plans.

My point was that your comment that belichick wouldn’t pay brady 25 million and guarantee it for 2 years is ludicrous because there is no one or nothing else worth spending on if it becimrs necessity.
It probably won’t because brady will continue to take lower payouts to help make the team better. Because he wants to win.
You know damn well Tom isn't getting $25m for 4 years here nor will he have a $20m dead cap hit Year 4. Then figure out how to pay Cooks, Flowers and Mason.

Continue to argue though....

You know damn well Tom isn't getting $25m for 4 years here nor will he have a $20m dead cap hit Year 4. Then figure out how to pay Cooks, Flowers and Mason.

Continue to argue though....
So you are telling me if brady insists on being paid 75% f his value belichick will tell him to quit?
So tell me what this fantastic plan is that makes the team better without brady our is fear of a straw man was money hit.

It not really an argument, your position is indefensible.

You said teams don't plan for it.

They are connected.
No I did not.
I said teams don’t write contracts that dump big hits into retirement years.

Please stop with the argument that your poor reading comprehension results in you knowing what I think and I don’t.

So you are telling me if brady insists on being paid 75% f his value belichick will tell him to quit?
So tell me what this fantastic plan is that makes the team better without brady our is fear of a straw man was money hit.

It not really an argument, your position is indefensible.
I have no idea where you are coming from?

You are looking at this thru a different lens.

My PoV is the team's.

No I did not.
I said teams don’t write contracts that dump big hits into retirement years.

Please stop with the argument that your poor reading comprehension results in you knowing what I think and I don’t.
Then explain your position better instead of these quips which are ambiguous

I have no idea where you are coming from?

You are looking at this thru a different lens.

My PoV is the team's.
So is mine.

Answer this

If brady walks in and says I’ve taken one for the team all these years and these crappy QBs are getting almost double what I am. I will play 4 more years, you know I can, and I want 100 mill and half of it guaranteed. If not I retire.
What does B.B. say?

Then explain your position better instead of these quips which are ambiguous
I explained it at the start. You chose to think that your misinterpretation of what I said allowed you to argue that you knew what I think and I don’t.

So is mine.

Answer this

If brady walks in and says I’ve taken one for the team all these years and these crappy QBs are getting almost double what I am. I will play 4 more years, you know I can, and I want 100 mill and half of it guaranteed. If not I retire.
What does B.B. say?

As I said a few posts back, a moderate base with heavy performance and roster bonuses would be reasonable.

I asked you the same question and you did not answer

I explained it at the start. You chose to think that your misinterpretation of what I said allowed you to argue that you knew what I think and I don’t.
Andy the crux of the discussion between you and I is I really don't know what your position really is.

My singular issues are not paying a $20m cap charge when Tom is 44 or 45.

That's it.

As I said a few posts back, a moderate base with heavy performance and roster bonuses would be reasonable.

I asked you the same question and you did not answer
TOM BRADY is only worthy or a MODERATE BASE with performance and roster bonuses?

So if you are B.B. and he walks in and says I’m playing 4 more years and I want 4 yrs 100 mill 50 guaranteed or I retire you say been nice knowing you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back