PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady’s contract with Tampa Bay - $25m/yr for 2 years?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you forgotten how this dynasty was built in the first place?
I know exactly how this dynasty was built: The Patriots stumbled ass backwards into the greatest NFLer in history in the 6th round of the 2000 draft, then got lucky again when the starting QB was injured, forcing the backup into action.

It wasn't some grand plan which played out exactly as foreseen.

No cap space left. They’ll be doing a whole bunch of “who’s that” “who’s this guy they signed” “THAT guy, really?!?”. BB will stop getting a pass once Brady is gone and he starts blowing up.

Imo, Brady's gone because he and BBs relationship was no longer working. That happens. Twenty years is a long time. We as fans got a nice ride out of the relationship. It is what it is. We don't need to blame someone for it. Sometimes two good people don't get along after twenty years.

I will watch Brady this season and hope for the best for him unless it's vs the Patriots.

I will watch the Patriots and hope Stidham is the real deal.

What team are we putting around Brady if we pay him $25MM? We just got to keep Thuney. That's great news for our RBs and Stidham.
Lol our starting RB is a scrub.

The board may want to crucify me but now he's just another QB for a team I don't want to win & I hope he doesn't win another SB down there. I'm rooting for our Patriots and Jarrett Stidham. Go Pats.

Lol our starting RB is a scrub.

Perhaps our solution is to use a 2nd for a RB, and have him spend a year learning the system. Oh, we did that. :)

Is this some kind of joke? 2 years at $50m guaranteed??!?! With a couple of incentives thrown in if he’s top 5 in passing categories. Frickin $25m per year. This is exactly the kind of contract Pats fans were hoping he’d sign here. So BB and Kraft idiots didn’t even want to give Brady $25m with some incentives on top. Really wtf?

Is this real life? Brady didn’t even leave for money. He left because of the way the 2019 negotiations went and the gruff and shameful manner BB and Kraft him in this offseason.

If Brady had been receiving $32-35 pr year for 3 years , I could understand. Seeing this $25m per year for 2 years deal makes my blood boil.

Fck you BB and Fck you Kraft. Pars FO totally failed us in these negotiations. Brady practically left for same money. Ridiculous.

It is possible that Belichik saw Brady nearing the end and decided to move on. It's not like he's hasn't done that before. Time will tell.

I know exactly how this dynasty was built: The Patriots stumbled ass backwards into the greatest NFLer in history in the 6th round of the 2000 draft, then got lucky again when the starting QB was injured, forcing the backup into action.

Let me get this straight. Belichick wasn’t building any of those teams to be competitive? That’s right, I forgot. Those defenses didn’t do jack, it was all luck. All those GW FG’s, luck. Whelp, let’s all hope we can walk ass backwards into some more of that luck!!

I firmly believe Belichick has a couple rings left in him. Find a Phil Simms-like QB game manager and surround with a great defense and ball control running game.

We would all have been super happy with a 2yr $50m contract with some incentives thrown in for top 5 passing. This is exactly the contract we had all been hoping for. BB and Kraft blew it big time. BB put his ego first and Kraft folded like a wet rag.

Why did BB want to move on. All Brady has done is deliver over and over again. Give me a frickin break.
It was time for both parties, Brady was no longer the company man, all of last year, he was on a tear into the owners and the coaches. It was not we anymore, it was whatever they tell me, that is what I am going to do. He started saying it was not his job to help his teammates.
That version of Brady was not going to help this team. What he wants is in Tampa.

It is possible that Belichik saw Brady nearing the end and decided to move on. It's not like he's hasn't done that before. Time will tell.
I think this was when BB started to think Brady was near the end. It struck me as very strange when this happened. There is another audio pick where BB asked him what he saw. You can't hear it here, I will keep looking.

Let me get this straight. Belichick wasn’t building any of those teams to be competitive? That’s right, I forgot. Those defenses didn’t do jack, it was all luck. All those GW FG’s, luck. Whelp, let’s all hope we can walk ass backwards into some more of that luck!!
Which Super Bowl championship have the Patriots won so comfortably that you can take away the greatest QB of all time, replace him with a lesser QB, and still have won the Super Bowl?

The board may want to crucify me but now he's just another QB for a team I don't want to win & I hope he doesn't win another SB down there. I'm rooting for our Patriots and Jarrett Stidham. Go Pats.

Oh, no, d312. What have you done?! I would quickly pack a bag and head to your panic room. They’ll be coming for you.

The first one to arrive will be the one who calls himself Biffins. He will tell you what you want to hear, that Belichick has been the key to the Pats dynasty and that they will be just fine without Brady. He doesn’t believe that. He is not your friend.

Biffins may be accompanied by his flatulent gimp Deus. He is a nasty beast who will bite you when you are distracted, as sure as Wilfork loves his meat smoker.

I wish you good luck.

Which Super Bowl championship have the Patriots won so comfortably that you can take away the greatest QB of all time, replace him with a lesser QB, and still have won the Super Bowl?

Errrrr....the next one?

No problem letting Brady walk as I fully expect last years elbow injury to be an ongoing thing.

However, the GM and coach deserve 100% of the blame for sad talent level on this team. How can a team miss on every single skill position guy they presently have. With the exception of Edelman, who is aging, and James White, there is no ability at any of the skill positions. It's almost comical how bad te,wr and rb are.

how do you lose Gronk so early without replacing what we trotted at TE last year is a fireable offense. Add that our WR were piss poor outside Julian and no AB doesn’t count cause he was added tight before week 1

Strong D and a power running game with solid ST’s play and a smart young QB. Brady wasn’t bad, but he wasn’t all-world either. I hear ya though. The season is doomed.

In an era that you can play defense that ain’t happening now. The great defense is good but you need to put up points now to win

You can flip it if you want and say that most of those close SB’s were due to Brady and the offense not putting up the points, but I’m exhausted arguing with people over the past. I’m thankful for what we had, and understand it had to end. I’m ready to move on and will keep wishing for the best going forward. I’ll join all the others on the lose all hope bandwagon if by November everything is in the gutter. That is if I can find most of those guys. I’m sure most of them will be down south in Tampa Bay and I’m a washed up, outta shape middle aged man. I ain’t got time for that kinda trip.

In an era that you can play defense that ain’t happening now. The great defense is good but you need to put up points now to win
Our last SB was won on the back of the Defense.

This made me laugh and it’s 100% correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back