PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady’s contract with Tampa Bay - $25m/yr for 2 years?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having any healthy targets at WR and TE didn't help.

Yup. Our pass offense was not what it needed to be and that was one reason why for sure.

I would have measured how effective our power run game was in the home stretch in 18 right up with Baltimore’s last year. It was just as good and effective as theirs imo. Teams couldn’t stop it. Too bad we couldn’t see it in 19.

I was a Pats fan since probably before you were born.

And in all these years you have learnt to tell fans who are passionate about the team to fck off if they disagree with owner or HC? Congrats.

And in all these years you have learnt to tell fans who are passionate about the team to fck off if they disagree with owner or HC? Congrats.
No, I've learned to recognize people with mental issues.

Not having any healthy targets at WR and TE didn't help.

Yep, that and not having the cap room to do much about it didn't help either.

On another note, there sure seems to be a lot of folks ignoring the cold hard reality that is the cap and that it was driving this bus more than any other factor. I'm thankful for folks like @mgteich and others that are capable of seeing a bigger picture. I am confused by the folks that have turned this into a zero sum game. It's simpler than they think, there was no realistic path to keeping Brady and surrounding him with the weapons he deserves.

Damn.....this thread took a turn.....and I like it!

I got my popcorn ready.

If nothing changes there should be a better group in next years wr FA market.

Keenan Allen, Cooper Krupp, Allen Robinson just to name a few.

haha, Kupp and Robinson aren’t going anywhere And Allen isn’t coming here to play with Stidham after we win 5-6 games.

That comment speaks loads about who you are and not who you are addressing.

Last edited:
First, the gross total of the deal, $50 million, is actually less than that of the Patriots’ extension offer last summer (that was $53 million over two). The difference? Brady’s money is guaranteed this time, and that’s really what he wanted from New England eight months ago—an assurance for the years he was signing for. Second, those incentives are very similar to the ones he had in 2018 with the Patriots, when the team built them into his deal in lieu of giving him a raise.
From Albert Breer's article today.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/03/23/t..._source=twitter.com&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

You are delusional.

Guys only joined NE because of the success and Brady, nobody is signing in NE anymore. It’s cold, no more winning, no more Brady, deal with it.

haha, Kupp and Robinson aren’t going anywhere And Allen isn’t coming here to play with Stidham after we win 5-6 games.

Again just pointing out that as of right now there’s a better crop of FA WRs next offseason.

Yep, that and not having the cap room to do much about it didn't help either.

On another note, there sure seems to be a lot of folks ignoring the cold hard reality that is the cap and that it was driving this bus more than any other factor. I'm thankful for folks like @mgteich and others that are capable of seeing a bigger picture. I am confused by the folks that have turned this into a zero sum game. It's simpler than they think, there was no realistic path to keeping Brady and surrounding him with the weapons he deserves.
Wrong...The cold hard reality is that Little Billy cannot recognize, and know when to choose, college talent well enough to supply Brady with the rookie-contract life blood that every team must have to compete when its QB is carrying a cap hit reflective of his stature.

You are delusional.

Guys only joined NE because of the success and Brady, nobody is signing in NE anymore. It’s cold, no more winning, no more Brady, deal with it.
No one has to go to NE. It's not like there are only 32 NFL teams to play for, there's the XFL, CFL, WFL, minor leagues, beer leagues, plenty of teams for players to choose from.​

Wrong...The cold hard reality is that Little Billy cannot recognize, and know when to choose, college talent well enough to supply Brady with the rookie-contract life blood that every team must have to compete when its QB is carrying a cap hit reflective of his stature.

Just curious, was I supposed to read that "Wrong" in Orange voice?

Beyond that your argument is flawed on its very face. Unlike your ability to understand anything beyond the rudimentary 'Billy' isn't little at all.

FYI, that last sentence was supposed to be read in the voice Cary Elwes used here:

MelodicDazzlingBittern-small.gif

Man, getting the Brady ball-washers fully triggered is too easy. I knew that a few screenshots of him bailing unnecessary early on a critical play would do it.

Quick question: Do tear stains on a pillowcase need to be pre-treated first or do they just come out with the regular wash?
Here's a concise answer, fool (and you can mock it all you want in your classic internet bravado): I promise, promise, promise you would not talk that way to me in person. You would not like the results.

How does it feel to be a simpleton fool and a liar? You're a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing