PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady’s contract with Tampa Bay - $25m/yr for 2 years?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, right?

It would be comic if it wasn't tragic.

I had enough, people here will eat so much crow.

First of all, let me say Thank you to Tom Brady it’s been one hell of a ride watching the GOAT these past 20 years. He’s not only been a major part of putting this franchise on the map, he’s made this one of the premier franchises to play for in the NFL. The best dynasty ever created. Something that can’t be taken away.

Now I understand of shock of TB suiting up for a different team but it’s not like we just released a guy who is in his prime. He’s gonna be 43. Had we signed him he would be playing with a similar cast of weapons and an even weaker OL minus thuney. Does that team compete for a championship next year? I have my doubts.

Is it so bad to see him out of conference in an offense full of weapons while we start our rebuild 2 years earlier? For some I guess it is as they wanted TB to retire a pat and I get that. For me personally I’ll be rooting for him from afar while also being excited to see which direction we go and how we rebuild this team.

Wow, that’s some really clever rhetoric.

Don't even bother.
And we didn't even mention that Kawhi is no Brady.

Thy are in different worlds, Brady is the GOAT, Leonard? Not even the best Spur ever.

And Popovich is a muchhhhhh better coach for me, Bill is like a ****in vulture that made his name because of Brady.

First of all, let me say Thank you to Tom Brady it’s been one hell of a ride watching the GOAT these past 20 years. He’s not only been a major part of putting this franchise on the map, he’s made this one of the premier franchises to play for in the NFL. The best dynasty ever created. Something that can’t be taken away.

Now I understand of shock of TB suiting up for a different team but it’s not like we just released a guy who is in his prime. He’s gonna be 43. Had we signed him he would be playing with a similar cast of weapons and an even weaker OL minus thuney. Does that team compete for a championship next year? I have my doubts.

Is it so bad to see him out of conference in an offense full of weapons while we start our rebuild 2 years earlier? For some I guess it is as they wanted TB to retire a pat and I get that. For me personally I’ll be rooting for him from afar while also being excited to see which direction we go and how we rebuild this team.

Brady deserved the Kobe treatment, buddy.
He is the GOAT.
NE should have ride with him until his last chapter, no questions asked.

It was Kraft's sole obligation as an owner and as a loyal man.
But we all know who he is.

I’m not sold at all on a rebuild, which is what makes the Brady move so much worse.

They didn’t trade him to build for the future. In fact they didn’t trade anyone to get additional picks.

They have the oldest roster in the NFL and just re-upped McCourty and Slater.

Let’s be real here...this wasn’t an either/or for Brady/rebuilding. Brady didn’t want to play for Belichick and Kraft was a spineless loser as usual.

I’m not sold at all on a rebuild, which is what makes the Brady move so much worse.

They didn’t trade him to build for the future. In fact they didn’t trade anyone to get additional picks.

Let’s be real here...this wasn’t an either/or for Brady/rebuilding. Brady didn’t want to play for Belichick and Kraft was a spineless loser as usual.

Let me tell you a secret: I was rooting for this.

Watching this team last year was so painful, Brady with a bunch of nobodys, Edelman and Sanu hurt, O-line couldn't save their lives as well.

So deep down inside I wanted Tom happy, surrounded by weapons.
Now we shall see the moment of truth: Bill's lazy ass exposed.

Let's ****in go TB12!!!

Ok well think of it as a transition year. We get to find out what we have in stidham. Next offseason we will be set up with a ton of cap room and we will have what should be early comp picks again for KVN and Collins leaving. Granted BB has had his share of lean draft years before hitting on classes like Gronk/Hernandez and jones/Hightower. It can be done.

If nothing changes there should be a better group in next years wr FA market.

Keenan Allen, Cooper Krupp, Allen Robinson just to name a few.

Let me tell you a secret: I was rooting for this.

Watching this team last year was so painful, Brady with a bunch of nobodys, Edelman and Sanu hurt, O-line couldn't save their lives as well.

So deep down inside I wanted Tom happy, surrounded by weapons.
Now we shall see the moment of truth: Bill's lazy ass exposed.

Let's ****in go TB12!!!
Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

"it’s not like we just released a guy who is in his prime. "

What makes you say that. Last shambolic season with those receivers? Give me a break. I haven't seen a decline for Brady. You are postulating.

What makes you say that. Last shambolic season with those receivers? Give me a break. I haven't seen a decline for Brady. You are postulating.
Of course you haven't. You were too busy in your bunk.

I am staying, just to see people like you dealing with irrelevance once again, worshipping Bill’s ass, good job, good effort.

Ok well think of it as a transition year. We get to find out what we have in stidham. Next offseason we will be set up with a ton of cap room and we will have what should be early comp picks again for KVN and Collins leaving. Granted BB has had his share of lean draft years before hitting on classes like Gronk/Hernandez and jones/Hightower. It can be done.

I already know what we have in Stidham. NOT TOM FRICKIN BRADY....... you know, the greatest NFL player in history!

We're not going anywhere. Just be ready for a whole host of "I told you fckin so" all season. Maybe then you shouldn't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out of these forums.

I already know what we have in Stidham. NOT TOM FRICKIN BRADY....... you know, the greatest NFL player in history!

Ok he’s not Tom Brady. I think everyone here gets that the chances are slim of getting Tom Brady’s equal.

The day was coming when this team would have a different QB. It came 2 years earlier than some people had hoped. But it was coming.

Ok your right. Brady’s the same guy who can throw it 60 times a game and carry pedestrian talent like he did in his prime, like 2006 or 2009. Don’t confuse this with me calling him washed up, he’s still a very good player. But to say there’s no decline whatsoever is just blind homerism on your part. He can’t carry the squad like he did in his 20s/30s nor should he have been asked to. Lack of weapons falls directly on bill.

Ok your right. Brady’s the same guy who can throw it 60 times a game and carry pedestrian talent like he did in his prime, like 2006 or 2009. Don’t confuse this with me calling him washed up, he’s still a very good player. But to say there’s no decline whatsoever is just blind homerism on your part. He can’t carry the squad like he did in his 20s/30s nor should he have been asked to. Lack of weapons falls directly on bill.

Injuries that neutered the power run game were devastating as was the exit of Gronk and failure to replace anywhere near what he brought to this team. That was supposed to be our offense, it won the title the year before. But because of the injuries they had to turn to the 42 year old QB to pass and carry the team. It didn’t work very well.

I agree Bill has an ego but lets not pretend Brady doesn’t.

“17 points? Lolz! That’s it???”
”maybe they should read the rule book haha”. And we all know what happened after that.

We're not going anywhere. Just be ready for a whole host of "I told you fckin so" all season. Maybe then you shouldn't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out of these forums.
I was a Pats fan since probably before you were born.

Reactions: sb1
. But because of the injuries they had to turn to the 42 year old QB to pass and carry the team. It didn’t work very well.

Not having any healthy targets at WR and TE didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots