PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady’s contract with Tampa Bay - $25m/yr for 2 years?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
$25m fully guaranteed plus $9m incentives. Unknown how likely the incentives are to hit, but the Patriots wouldn't have fully guaranteed two years. What if Brady goes Manning and falls off a cliff?
Unlikely unless Brady gets a neck injury and loses feeling in is throwing hand ala Manning. And "RB" means roster bonus, I think. So, if Brady falls off a clif, then cut him and owe 15 million, but not the 10 million roster bonus, I think. Not a terrible gamble for Tampa Bay.

Who even gives a **** if he falls off suddenly. It's Tom ****ing Brady. Your entire franchise. You let him finish his career in the same jersey.

Now we gotta watch him playing for the Bucs. Like what the hell. I hope there is a season and he has a monster year.

At this point I wish Brady all the luck in the world and hope he has an MVP year. He deserved better than what our FO has given him. And I hope Bb’s every move backfires and he gets egg on his face and I hope Kraft is forced to fire him. I am fuming.

When the **** are you going to come to grips Tom no longer wanted to be here. He had enough of NE. Like Early Bird said it wasn't about the money.

If you want to say BB chased him out of town because of wanting to go year to year or being worn down by the "system", fine. That same "system" won 6 Super Bowls. Can't have it both ways so you can't cry too much.

Tom was done. BB was done. It's that simple.

OR there was no “system”. It was just Tom Frickin Brady. We’re about to find out. And I am afraid to our detriment.

The diva wanted out and BB opened the door.

Brady wants to prove to his teammates that they can"believe in him" because he has a narcissistic god complex. You're not a god Tom, but you are about as tone deaf as other divas who can't relate to people losing jobs and businesses that are on the verge of collapse because of COVID 19.

Did your medicals take doctors and facilities away from serving the sick???

I bet you expected a feeding frenzy for your services and a nationally televised press conference but there are bigger things than you going on...poor Tommy

Diva? Wtf. He signed a $9m per year extension in 2013 and you call him diva. He’s constantly underpaid. Always available even when hurt. Inspires others and is universally praised by his teammates. And you call him a diva. Fck off.

On the other side we have BB who is almost universally respected but hated and never liked by anyone. Who is arrogant as fck. And who has let his ego get better of him.

Give me a frickin break.

At this point I wish Brady all the luck in the world and hope he has an MVP year. He deserved better than what our FO has given him. And I hope Bb’s every move backfires and he gets egg on his face and I hope Kraft is forced to fire him. I am fuming.

Time to either log off and cool down a bit to realize how ridiculous it is to root against the Pats or sign up in a Tampa Bay fanboard for the next 1-2 years.

View attachment 26448
View attachment 26449
View attachment 26450

I suspect that BB’s decision to move on from Brady was actually finalized in 2018. Who can forget this Pitt sh*t show? I can imagine BB watching embarrassing plays like this and saying to himself “Oh hell, no!” I doubt that Tom House teaches this form to his pupils.

I hope that Tampa fans are prepared for the TB12 Terrified Turtling.
View attachment 26452

2018? you mean after Tom won us the SB with a comeback for the ages against Mahomes in Arrowhead and delivering perfect play near the end of the SB...... that 2018? Just checking we’re talking about the same 2018. The one where he delivered our 6th SB.

Damn, a lot of people ****ting on Brady...that was fast.

Clearly, BB wanted to move on. TFB wanted to move on. It is what it is.

I don't think I can watch TFB in a damned Bucs uniform though...so I'll avoid that this year...or next year...whatever

EDIT - A lot of Pats fan favorites went on to play elsewhere at the end of their careers; Willie Mac, Ty Law, Milloy, Wilfork come to mind immediately. We all knew this was possible.

All those guys are not Tom Frickin Brady. No comparison.

Sure, if you have the cap space. The Patriots didn't have the space for all this. There was no way to put together a team with Tom Brady that wasn't just last year's team but worse. In addition to all the guys they've already lost, they would have lost Thuney and the McCourtys too, and probably been unable to bring in anyone else.

Pats had the frickin cap space to sign Brady for 2yrs for $50m. Give me a break. They still have his $13m cap charge. And they could have used void years to put the charge even further out. We could have easily signed him to this contract if we wanted.

BB let his ego get the better of him.

That’s because after that game BB and JMD decided to “figure out what we do best and then commit to it”.....they committed to running the ball. That’s not speculation that is fact, in JMD’s own words.

Yeah except we had a shoot out in Arrowhead on the road in AFCCG and Brady delivered.

You do realize that not a single guy you mentioned has proven anything. Except for Harry, who proved he has the same problem in the NFL he had in college, only worse. The guy isn't quick enough to beat man coverage. He's flat out slow. That isn't going to change.
I do realize none of those guys have proven anything. I’m not sure what else to say so that you won’t be confused on what my stance is. I understand those guys have proven nothing. That’s why I listed them. I would much rather give those guys a chance to prove something, than intentionally tank a season. I guess what we are saying is the same thing but for different reasons. You want the team to tank, and I want them to fight and see what they’ve got. If they find a way to get all the players listed some more playing time, we both get what we want I guess. These young guys get great experience, they can grow and we can see what we’ve got with them, and since you think they are all steaming piles of dog ****, we’ll lose most of the games they pay in anyways. See? WIN-WIN.

Pats had the frickin cap space to sign Brady for 2yrs for $50m. Give me a break. They still have his $13m cap charge. And they could have used void years to put the charge even further out. We could have easily signed him to this contract if we wanted.

So, the fans are the "we' you talk of.Yes, many FANS and POSTERS have wanted the team to sign 2 and 3 year deals (and extensions with Brady for the last 3 off-seasons. And yes, MANY fans wanted to guarantee Brady $50M, with the expectation that he plays for 2-3 years. Yes, mechanically, we could have created another $20M or $30M of Brady dead money for 2022 and 2023 (hopefully, not for 2021).

Our GM and coach disagreed and has disagreed for 3 years. Many fans think that Belichick is terrible GM. OK, I strongly disagree, and Kraft disagrees. Of course, many of these fans will be gone soon.

What team are we putting around Brady if we pay him $25MM? We just got to keep Thuney. That's great news for our RBs and Stidham.

What team are we putting around Brady if we pay him $25MM? We just got to keep Thuney. That's great news for our RBs and Stidham.

Cool, I hope the mediocre RBs we have see any running room when defense aren’t threatened by anything we have on offense

Just move on. Kraft and Bill have both lied about their intentions to sign brady this season and all the evidence has shown that.

That or brady didnt wanna dome back to lack of weapons.

History will not be good to bill and Kraft on this one.
Got a screen shot of all those who apparently think the Patriots will fair better than brady over the next 4 years.

Hop off the bandwagon now because you're in for a rude surprise.

Exactly.
People keep looking for "the bad guy". There isn't always one.

Or there is. And his name is BB and his unreasonableness will become evident shortly. As well as Kraft, who once stopped BB from making a stupid decision regarding JG and this time folded to let BB roll with Frickin Stidham of all people. We have no good solution at QB. This was a stupider decision than when BB wanted to keep JG. This made no frickin sense. Not when Brady would have stayed for 2 yrs at $50m.

OR there was no “system”. It was just Tom Frickin Brady. We’re about to find out. And I am afraid to our detriment.

Clearly you are a Brady loyalist. Moving on.

From the get-go, I knew we couldn't afford Brady and new weapons. Just wasn't in the cards.

Also, kinda just seems like the guy wanted a change.

Whatever...

Yeah so glad we let Brady go for “new weapons” like Thuney and DMac.

You realize that the cap charge has already been paid? To pay Brady the same amount he's getting from Tampa would have cost at least $32.5m against the cap over the next two years if you include the prorated cap hit from the previous signing bonus, plus whatever incentives he hits. This way the dead money hits this year and then it's gone.

The Patriots are tight against the cap right now and their presumptive starting QB is on a 4th round rookie contract, and they don't have a ton of options outside of extending Thuney to make more of it. (Especially if they're trying to avoid handicapping themselves down the line.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back