PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bowl game discussion: Alabama vs Clemson, National Championship

ND was always on TV. That drew the kids. Holtz was also an agressive recruiter.

Holtz accused of more recruiting wrongdoing
Man, the whole system is such a joke. One of the things in that article was a recruit’s mother got to stay with a booster when they visited the school. Like, who in the hell would care? They should just pay these kids and get it over with. They bring in millions, it’s ridiculous.

Not that I’m 100% sure on this but I don’t think a lot of teams recruited as heavily out of the southeast back then as they do now. I think the talent pool was a bit more watered down back then. Just a guess on my part though considering when Holtz coached and when Schnellenberger really began heavily recruiting out of South Florida.
Yes. Shnell wasn't afraid of going in the ghettos either.

Because they have strict academic standards for their athletes so the real good players who are also dumb hood rats can’t go there.
What a load of BS.

Because they have strict academic standards for their athletes so the real good players who are also dumb hood rats can’t go there.
There was a NY Times article a few years ago how the Ivy Leagues game their requirements for athletes. The team average for the SAT test has to be at a certain level so they take a few players who maybe aren't as good athletes but have super high SAT scores to offset a great athletes whose test scores aren't as good...

There was a NY Times article a few years ago how the Ivy Leagues game their requirements for athletes. The team average for the SAT test has to be at a certain level so they take a few players who maybe aren't as good athletes but have super high SAT scores to offset a great athletes whose test scores aren't as good...
Notre Dame requires a higher GPA for their student athletes than other major schools. As recently as last year, their football team’s graduation rate was 93%. That’s eye popping compared to other schools.

It’s all about recruiting. True there are players the Irish can’t recruit due to academics but the whole recruiting scene is more competitive than it used to be especially in SEC territory.

It’s all about recruiting. True there are players the Irish can’t recruit due to academics but the whole recruiting scene is more competitive than it used to be especially in SEC territory.
Yeah. The turning point is when Schnellenberger started recruiting out of the hood in Miami, Lauderdale, and Belle Glade. Enter Miami in the 80’s.

Nice to have football back at the U(Va).. 28-0!

edit - let me rephrase... Nice to finally have decent football at UVa..

How good is Tua in terms of an NFL future?

Why? With what she has been through, she should not be subjected to this joke. Strange that you posted this.
What has she been through?

He’s down.

You’re looking fine, Oklahomaaaaa.

Is this Kyler Murray kid that special? Hard to imagine a guy passing on the NFL if he’s legit great.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back