SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
World Champs!
Tom Brady and the Patriots won their sixth championship on Sunday night after a tough defensive battle over the Rams.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Bowl game discussion: Alabama vs Clemson, National Championship

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by sb1, Dec 29, 2018.

1. mosi

mosi In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,140
    Or Mark Sanchez's cousin...

2. reamer

reamer Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +13,671
    Shocked at how one sided this contest turned out. Tua usually takes better care of the ball (that first INT was a great defensive play, peeling off man coverage), and Bama still moved the ball almost at will until the red zone. I couldn't believe they turned the ball over on downs 3x in the red zone in the second half. Uncharacteristic game. They still out-rushed Clemson and generated a lot of yards, but their lack of red zone production really hurt them. Loved watching that Clemson defense. Great players at all three levels.

3. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +79
    Glad to see Clemson win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thecore762

thecore762 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2,262
    I agree Bama did push the ball, they just didn’t have anyone making any plays in the red zone.

5. mosi

mosi In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,140
    Gulp. That team sounds familiar...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +8,554
    Don't know if this was posted on any of the 28 pages but it is good news Alabama lost. The Patriots have never won the Super Bowl in a year Alabama won the national championship.
    Pats 2001,03,04,14,16
    Alabama 09,11, 2012,15,17

* Yeah Saban won in 2003 but that was with LSU......

7. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18,782
    I agree about Tua. It’s been the exact same thing with about 15 other QBs the last five years. They have such dominant supporting casts it’s very hard to tell.

I don’t really follow college football, so going into last night I wasn’t even aware of Lawrence beyond some pre-game articles. I will say he is the exception about sample sizes and other factors. Guys like Mariota, Darnold, Winston, Mayfield, Rosen, Tua, etc. have always appeared to me perhaps somewhat NFL ready with some big question marks. I have been one of the biggest skeptics about the certainty people have about college QBs being tank-worthy, including in the recent Tua thread.

Lawrence seems to be in another class altogether. I haven’t seen a college QB look so good in the pocket...ever. With the exception of an an injury, I don’t see any way this guy isn’t a sure fire first overall pick. The one game I saw in itself justifies a first overall pick because of his obvious abilities. There are only rare times when a quarterback’s talent is so obvious I’m willing to bypass the “wait and see” reaction I usually get. Mahomes earlier this season and seeing Lawrence are two cases where their talent level is just other worldly and translates perfectly to the NFL.

8. TommyD4207

TommyD4207 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,496
    Tua's a stud. Kid had a bad game. He came off the bench and WON the championship last year. It's the first time he's ever lost a game.

I hope GMs don't watch college football except for the championship game either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. reamer

reamer Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +13,671
    I've watched a lot of Tua, and I think he's got what it takes. Last night wasn't his best game, but I do think he's a really good player who has a good chance of going #1 overall. Imagine judging Brady off these stats? 13 of 24 (54.17% -- one of three games this year when he was in the 50s) for 126 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, and a terrible 48.3 rating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. zydecochris

zydecochris PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,714
    Not only has Saban taken his team to the final four the last 5 years, I would like to point out that he has won 5 of the last 10 National Championships. He simply lost to a superior team this year.

• Agree Agree x 1

11. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7,631
    Now we're down on Tua before he's even eligible. Just cross his name off the list, PF's has spoken.

12. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +14,865
    What's worse than hawt-take analysis of a game? The hawt-take analysis of a player based on a couple of plays.

Cripes, after the first Clemson series last night, someone on here who had never seen Trevor Lawrence play before was saying the guy can't play and was overrated, since Clemson went 3-and-out.

13. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +5,794
    Late to the party, but yeah, The performance by the Clemson kid was one of the best performances by a QB in college I’ve ever seen. Everything about him screamed NFL. His freshman wr is going to ride that train to the NFL with him.