PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bourne tears ACL

that blows. seems like a good guy, hate to see it. was hoping we could get a decent draft pick for him. oh well

Talent issues aside for this team (which are not nothing), this is one of the worst injury luck seasons I can remember. They didn't have a lot of buffer in that regard, and they've blown past it. Sucks for Bourne. Really liked how he looked this year.

The pats win total is 5.5. They should do everything they can at this point (trading assets, playing young players) to ensure a top 3 pick. They are probably going 5-12 regardless.

Last edited:
Talent issues aside for this team (which are not nothing), this is one of the worst injury luck seasons I can remember. They didn't have a lot of buffer in that regard, and they've blown past it. Sucks for Bourne. Really liked how he looked this year.
When your week one roster is running on hopes and dreams it gets real bleak when things go south.

Oh man, terrible news. This no doubt makes us worse than we already are.

If theres any consolation here the season was already lost. we know what we have with him and im hoping we can reach an extension with him in the offseason. This will give more opportunities for us to look at others who we are unsure of for next year- thornton, reagor, juju, boutte if he ever gets out of the doghouse.

i wish him quick an full recovery

sidenote: this may gives TT and Boutte some snaps

Why?

point of a draft pick is drafting an unproven rookie in hopes they’ll prove to be a good player.

Bourne has already proven he is a good player.
Younger, cheaper, and hopefully part of the next playoff win.

Hate that for him. Effort-wise, one of the real bright spots.

Injured in a contract year is tough.

Wouldn’t shock me if they don’t re-sign him, but I hope they do.

All I can think of is 2015-16 where we lost 3 or 4 pro bowlers. Mayo, Vollmer, and two others I can’t remember. Still barely lost to Denver on the road in the AFCCG.

All I can think of is 2015-16 where we lost 3 or 4 pro bowlers. Mayo, Vollmer, and two others I can’t remember.

That's the first one that popped up in my head too. And as frustrating as this year has been, that was INFINITELY more frustrating, because that team has a real good chance to win it all if they even had the average number of injuries instead of that s**tshow.

Younger, cheaper, and hopefully part of the next playoff win.
also much much greater risk of bust.

given Pats’ track record drafting and developing WRs, realistic ceiling should be that your younger cheaper guy develops into Bourne three years down the road.

I’d rather keep Bourne. I think he can be re-signed at a reasonable price, especially now.

Wonderful.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back