PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Both those games were snooze-fests...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it tedious to watch any game that doesn't involve the Patriots nowadays if I'm just at home and not out with friends. Even Patriots games can sometimes be tough. Truth is I have frankly zero interest in wasting a Sunday watching three hours of advertisements with brief breaks for a football game.

There has been suspect officiating all throughout the league this year. That being said it had little to no outcome on the DET/SEA game.

Refs didn't make DET's receivers drop every pass or make Rawls look like Lynch. Refs also didn't cause Boldin to lose his mind for two PF's. That was all Detroit. Horrible defense and receivers killed them, plus Zenner is not a bellcow. Best advice is play well enough so the refs can't become a factor.

Don't even get me started on HOU/OAK. Turned that garbage off at the half.

I don't think it will take much for the games to be better compared to yesterday.

At least Def-Sea gave us the "Butt Catch".

Did they reach into the NBA for those refs? Detroit never had a chance in that scripted game.

My sympathies to those of you who are actually addicted enough to the sport to watch both games. I'll watch both today because I expect the level of play to be superior but, yesterday, I got a lot of overdue yardwork and some woodwork done outside before I came in, got dressed, and went to a friend's house with my girl and a few other couples of drink and play "Cards Against Humanity". Watched maybe 5 minutes total of that trash.

When was tbe last time all home teams won on wildcard weekend? Rooting for the packers but i got a feeling eli will once again prevail over them.

What I didn't understand is why Boldin wasn't ejected from the game? I thought this year they put a new rule into place that says if a player gets 2 personal fouls they get ejected. After Boldins second PF, I saw him on the sidelines and the announcers were saying he was done, but then a few plays later I saw back on the field. Anyone know why?

I expect Ben and Brown to have their way with that secondary. .

I didn't think these 2 would win the game 8 minutes in, but yeah..... another snoozefest as i predicted.

For some crazy reason I'm looking forward to Pitt-Miami and think it will be an entertaining game. Anybody else share my irrational optimism?

Halfway through Q1 and my optimism is already looking sadly misplaced. :(

I find it tedious to watch any game that doesn't involve the Patriots nowadays if I'm just at home and not out with friends. Even Patriots games can sometimes be tough. Truth is I have frankly zero interest in wasting a Sunday watching three hours of advertisements with brief breaks for a football game.

I'm glad I'm not alone. The ads drive me nuts. More often than not, the game itself seems secondary. Sometimes even with a serious injury, they break for 4-5 ads. Followed by a punt... 7-8 more ads. What do the players do during all this down time---maybe they work on their children's books.

Playoff watching is harder too, not only because of the additional ads, but because there is no other game to turn to. It's all or nothing--Take this or Leave it. I'm sure that yesterday, more left than stayed. No tension at all so what's the point.

I'd have no problem with the second game today being a blowout, **** the Giants.

Another damn snoozefest. Is Pittsburgh that good or Miami that bad?

Another damn snoozefest. Is Pittsburgh that good or Miami that bad?

A bit of both, I think. Pittsburgh were blasting through the line and didn't miss a tackle. On the other hand, you'd have thought that Miami could have figured a way to stop Bell bursting through empty gaps for 8 or 9 yards a pop.

What I didn't understand is why Boldin wasn't ejected from the game? I thought this year they put a new rule into place that says if a player gets 2 personal fouls they get ejected. After Boldins second PF, I saw him on the sidelines and the announcers were saying he was done, but then a few plays later I saw back on the field. Anyone know why?

No it has to be unsportsmanlike conduct penatly that is different than unnecessary rougnness.

Actually I think this is the game with the most upset potential. I hope the Steelers win though.

Is it too late to Edit this post?? :eek::eek:

Holy crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back