PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bortles released...

Depending how good this prospect is you might have to carry 3 QBs for a year. Plus I think you can put it off one more year if there isn't a prospect you love that falls in your lap.
Gotta carry 3 if they use a draft pick on one, next month. If not, it’s possible that Etling could stay on the PS. I’m assuming that he’d make it through, but that could be an incorrect assumption.

Either way, Hoyer isn’t going anywhere.

Blake Bortles is probably going to command a higher salary for a backup QB than the Pats would want to pay, so the argument may be pointless.

I’d have a hard time envisioning Belichick wanting to pay two backups that much money, but who knows.

Trade for Rosen
Sign Chris Conley that is all.

Blake Bortles is probably going to command a higher salary for a backup QB than the Pats would want to pay, so the argument may be pointless.

I’d have a hard time envisioning Belichick wanting to pay two backups that much money, but who knows.

Agreed. Also, Bortles simply accepting a backup position with zero chance, except injury, to start? An agent recommending that should be fired immediately. Bortles was a starter last year, lots of teams are starting QB deficient (Bortles is probably an upgrade for a half dozen teams), opting (instead of forced) to step backward career wise at age mid-ish 20s?

Yes if forced to (no interest from any team as a starter or fair competing shot for starting QB), sure, he'll sign as a backup. And due to a lack of data on my part on 31 other teams in the NFL, he may just end up on one of those teams. But that 32nd team I do know about? Yea, um, no, he will not be signing as a backup for that team :)

There’s only like three players I hate more.

Flowers- jag
Revis- jag

And this guy. There are many more but these guys are eating hate pie

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference