PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bolden is Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB to BB: Sup, bb.

Because Bolden's deal qualifies for the Minimum Salary Benefit treatment the Patriots lost only $165K in cap space. 720K (Bolden's cap number) minus 555K (the salary of the player he displaced from the Top 51 list).

Thanks @Miguel as always.

Quick question: I thought the minimum salary benefit number for 6-year veterans was $790K in 2018, and the max bonus was $80K. It's reported as $880K so did the max bonus increase this year as well?

Happier than I probably should be about this. I know he's replaceable, but I really like this guy. I've never seen him not give everything on the field.

Under 1m? He's a steal, and the kind of blue-collar player I can't help but root for. I would actually like to see him get more carries during the year, too. He runs hard (that Buffalo game a couple of years ago sticks in my head).

DaBruinz gonna be salty about this one.

Bill loves him some special teamers

Thanks @Miguel as always.

Quick question: I thought the minimum salary benefit number for 6-year veterans was $790K in 2018, and the max bonus was $80K. It's reported as $880K so did the max bonus increase this year as well?

The MSB lowers the cap hit of the player's salary to $630K (minimum salary of a player with 2 credited seasons).

Quoting the CBA: "The maximum amount of Additional Compensation in (2) above shall be increased to $65,000 for the 2012–14 League Years, to $80,000 for the 2015–17 League Years, and $90,000 for the 2018–20 League Years"

The MSB lowers the cap hit of the player's salary to $630K (minimum salary of a player with 2 credited seasons).

Quoting the CBA: "The maximum amount of Additional Compensation in (2) above shall be increased to $65,000 for the 2012–14 League Years, to $80,000 for the 2015–17 League Years, and $90,000 for the 2018–20 League Years"

Thanks @Miguel, hadn't realized the additional compensation amount went up this year.

As always, you're the best!

Next signing might be Ebner who is coming off an injury.

May have to tune into the Sports Hub this afternoon

“Okay callers, which move was the bigger disaster, the Rick Nash trade or the Bolden signing?”

It's players like Bolden who are smart. They know going anywhere else likely means they'll get cut because other GMs/Coaches don't value STs like BB does.

Plus, he'd have to move his family, etc.

I've been a Bolden guy the day he was used on that first drive in Baltimore in Sept of 2012, only never to be used much again. lmao

In 2013, I believe he had some nice runs vs TB, too.

It's still a mystery to me why our OC pulls off certain RBs so fast, with this constant over-management of the RBs.

It's been something that has killed our team for years. Match ups are one thing, but fidgeting constantly with the flow and sync of an offense is another.

I wonder if Slater and Brandon King are re-signed next?

Would be my guess as they'd appear to be doable deals for both like Bolden's. They need to work on these next:

1. Marquis Flowers
2. Burkhead
3. Waddle or Fleming

Is Ebner a free agent? If so, we need him back too. He is similar to Bolden, plays hard and gives it 100%. Seems like a stand up guy too.

King is an RFA. Unlikely to be tendered at even the lowest level (which will be something above $1.8M for 2018), but more likely to be signed to a 2-year deal at about $800k/year.

I'm kinda waiting for an announcement that Slater has retired from playing and been hired to be an assistant to ST coach Joe Judge. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back