PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bolden is Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine with me. I like Bolden and am glad he re-signed. Seems like a good deal for a player like him too.

it would be better to extend him for life

Glad to hear it. Bolden is very underrated, he’s generally very good on special teams and does a serviceable job as both a “between-the-tackles” back and a “passing” back. You can’t really get any better depth player than that, and it’s a steal at sub-$1m.

i read that as "cut Giselle" and wondered WTF? :)

No way that Mad Bill'd cut such a savvy Scout...After all, she was the one with the inside scoop that Tom Brady can't "catch the phucking football". :eek:

What do you do with a football player who can't "catch the phucking football."?? o_O

Make'm QuarterBack, of course. ;)

Honestly, I'm crazy about Bolden, and I'm absolutely thrilled that he's back.
smiley_headbanger.gif

Brandon Bolden is to PowerBacks what James White is to SpeedBacks:

Talent: Average. Incredibly, spectacularly average.

Intelligence: Phenomenal.

Motor: Awesome.

Value as an actual FootBall Player who consistently blocks effectively, and especially when it's crucial that he do so, has remarkably reliable hands as a Receiver and as a Runner, who sacrifices everything for Team Success on every Snap, and who always reliably, routinely, and rapidly reads the Defense, responds instantaneously and effectively in every aspect of the Game, and maximizes every Opportunity?

Priceless

And while he's 28, his Miles are light.

He could be effective for another 5 Years. :eek:

bb is a big meanie! he is hurting brady’s legacy!

A bargain.

BTW - only a net of $323k of Bolden's $880k counts against the off-season cap, due to the "Rule of 51".

Because Bolden's deal qualifies for the Minimum Salary Benefit treatment the Patriots lost only $165K in cap space. 720K (Bolden's cap number) minus 555K (the salary of the player he displaced from the Top 51 list).

A good special teams player who is a decent running back in a pinch. One
less free agent to worry about.

880K is fair.

Brandon Bolden: we just can’t quit you, baby.

Because Bolden's deal qualifies for the Minimum Salary Benefit treatment the Patriots lost only $165K in cap space. 720K (Bolden's cap number) minus 555K (the salary of the player he displaced from the Top 51 list).

Even better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back