PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS BoB officially back

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Would have preferred some new blood with modern offensive ideas but BoB is better than Fat Matt.
I think BoB is going to get legit players on Offense in here. He won't be playing pedestrian WR's on Offense.

How is the offense fixed? The team is miles behind Cincy, KC, Buffalo, SF, and Philly in terms of talent. And I assume BOB is going to be the QB coach as well
wow, henry is really right on past production. Smith was trending up, and then kaboom ... back down he went.
Smith will likely be better under a better OC, and perhaps under a new TE coach.

I think BoB is going to get legit players on Offense in here. He won't be playing pedestrian WR's on Offense.
Draft is a can't miss.

I don't know about this. Alabama fans seem incredibly happy at this news.

There are lunatic fans on all teams, especially teams with winning traditions like Alabama and the Patriots. Here is a post from a site that fans actually have pay to see posts and comment, so most, not all, fans are reasonable.

BamaAlum73
Posted on 2 hrs, V I P, User Since 189 months ago, User Post Count: 920
  • 2 hrsVIP
  • 189 months
However you feel about how good of a OC he was for us, he did represent the University with class both on and off the field; he was loyal to Coach Saban, the team and to us, the fans; we all could do better in any job but he did pretty well as he averaged over 40 points per game with the offense. Thank you Bob and may you have much success in the future!

Smith will likely be better under a better OC, and perhaps under a new TE coach.
Hope so... you can see the potential! I think I got spoiled/warped with Gronk, thinking that's normal tight end production. I see henry's production as kinda lame, but it is actually pretty normal.

Here' what I think about this kid just based on what you offered. He is a bit undersized (especially the weight). Kind of reminds me a bit of Devonte Smith in size. BTW- Smith has a bad rookie year, though he's picked things up this year.

Bottom line - IMHO it would be CRAZY to pick a kid at 14 who has only ONE year of serious production and isn't 6'4 220.

No doubt he COULD end up being the next Terry Glenn, but at #14? MUCH too big of a risk, buddy
Oh really now it's size?? Ask Bob who saw him first hand or up-close destroy Bama for 200yds can't miss talent. We need a #1 WR look at the Bengals.

Henry produce literally the same thing for us as he was on the chargers and jonnu smith is just not that good and the Patriots signed him for the potential that never materialized
Henry this season was way worse at blocking than last season and he disappeared in the red zone. Suggests a scheme issue.
Even this year Smith showed YAC ability - 232 YAC on only 45 receptions, and his blocking was fine. So again need a better scheme to use him.

Draft is a can't miss.
Given that we need 4 OL's, this will be the focus of the draft.

OT (4) - We have Brown
OG (3) - Onwenu, Strange, Hines (potential)
OC (2) - Andrews

I would prefer a additional backup OG, raising the need to 5 OL's.

Now there is a LONG history of posters patting themselves on the back here at Patsfans. We just can't help ourselves.

Well in that same vein, last week I posted that the BOB hire was in the bag and that the announcement would be made after this week's playoff games, probably on Tuesday. BINGO I also felt STRONGLY that the entire Patricia/Judge offense thing was just a holding move until BOB's obligations in Alabama was over. Well I got this one right on the button. So this is me patting myself on the back. ;)

All that being said, I need you all to forget my inumerable posts stating we all need to be patient with Patricia and the offense. I just might have missed THAT one by a tad. ;)

Patricia cant DC either?

Whats going to happen when yall revolt against BOB? He got himself fired at Houston with Watson at QB and Alabama fans are way happier than you folks are today.

Why do people ignore that Brady made BOB, Mickey D and so many other people who cashed in?
Brady made every coach that's ever coached him... yes EVERY coach!!!!!

Here' what I think about this kid just based on what you offered. He is a bit undersized (especially the weight). Kind of reminds me a bit of Devonte Smith in size. BTW- Smith has a bad rookie year, though he's picked things up this year.

Bottom line - IMHO it would be CRAZY to pick a kid at 14 who has only ONE year of serious production and isn't 6'4 220.

No doubt he COULD end up being the next Terry Glenn, but at #14? MUCH too big of a risk, buddy
From a Team who made Cole Strange a First Rounder?? I think it's quite possible this would be a Bob pick like I said I want him to have a say in who we Draft on Offense.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to see an analysis of past offenses tossing out say the top-3 and bottom-3 games in terms of ppg and seeing if that told us anything.
Just for the top 5 offense of 2021 compare to pats since they were the 6th best offense on points scored.

Team / full season / minus best and worst 3 games

DAL / 31.2ppg / 30.36ppg
TB / 30.1 ppg / 30.8ppg
BUF / 28.4ppg / 29.45ppg
KC / 28.2ppg / 28.5ppg
LAC / 27.9ppg / 28.1ppg
NE / 27.1ppg / 24.5ppg

. I also felt STRONGLY that the entire Patricia/Judge offense thing was just a holding move until BOB's obligations in Alabama was over. Well I got this one right on the button. So this is me patting myself on the back. ;)
Yes, we were in a holding pattern for 2022. That should NOT have meant that Bill had to bring in Patricia and Judge and have Jones and the Offense lose more than a year. That should NOT have meant that the OL should have been messed up with allowing the move of Wynn to RT (this experiment failed in camp and the pre-season).

This was negligence on the part of our GM and HC. Caley could have called the plays and/or we could have hired Klemm as the OL coach (and run game coordinator) for the 2022 season.

Agreed… not a bad move but hard to get excited over
Same. It's like 50/50 for me. He'll be better that Patricia. But this is kind of showing the problem that led to Patricia that we have a HC who is becoming increasingly insular and needs to have "his guys" around.

Wish we went bold and got someone who is more in tune with current NFL offenses and not a relic of a decade ago.

Again this stats means nothing if you don’t had context.

They average 27ppg because of the 3 blow out.

In the 3 blow out they averaged 49.6 ppg. The rest of the season (14 games, 83% of the season), they averaged 22.35 ppg.

There is a difference, at least in my mind, between a team that score 27 points consistently and a team that have 3 outlier games that bump a lot their average points scored.
That is not context. Context is playing crappy defenses all year which artificially inflated their ppg.

You are suggesting removing outliers and/or calculating a true statistical average based on the mean, median or mode.

The incestuous coaching moves continue.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back