PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Costas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still doesn't excuse his behavior or NBC's when this crap first surfaced. How about Collinsworth ranting on about it as Brady was leading one of the more remarkable comebacks in Super Bowl history? F*** Collinsworth and everybody else that helped create the monster that it still is today

Yup the coverage of that superbowl was disgusting... one of the most remarkable comebacks in Super Bowl history was happening and they were going on and on about deflategate.. they waited until the 4th quarter to start doing it too, right as they were starting their comeback

He's taking issue with the "disproportion" of the "penalty," not that Brady committed some sort of "misdemeanor." He never says, as Gary Myers does repeatedly, that he questions whether there was a crime or "misdemeanor" to begin with.

Getting excited over this is a dangerous path for us to go down.

The mediots are not our "friends." They are only stirring up a new controversy, which happens to treat Tom Brady more sympathetically, but which still regards him as "guilty of something."

THIS THIS THIS. Stop being fooled by this BS. The narrative is changing, my ass! They're pulling you back in. Stop allowing yourself to be manipulated. F*ck Costa. He didn't say jackshit! Even Charles Tillman lol'ed and rightfully mocked Pats fans on twitter for eating up Benedict Bob's hollow and worthless words.

When Brady finally gave up the fight and accepted his punishment, the media narrative of "deflate gate" changed overnight. This was made shockingly clear to me last night on Thursday Night Football when Bob Costas did a complete about face and said this to a national t.v. audience.
"The Panthers lead the Broncos 17-7 at the half.

Meanwhile, NBC's Sunday Night Football will premier with the Patriots in Arizona taking on the Cardinals, a matchup of Super Bowl contenders who both reached their conference championships last January. But the headlines for this one are also about who won't be in uniform, as Tom Brady, more than 19 months after the initial events in question, begins serving his four-game Deflategate suspension.

Without rehashing the whole absurd affair, it's still worth noting that the ultimately, the appeals court only affirmed the NFL's right to impose the penalty. It did not affirm that the penalty itself was right.

The punishment - a quarter of the season for a mere misdemeanor - needlessly turned into a literal federal case - remains striking in its disproportion.

But, the Brady ruling stands. So Sunday night, the Patriots quarterback will be 24-year-old Jimmy Garoppolo, the 2014 second-round pick out of Easter Illinois who takes charge of an offense that ranked third in the league in scoring last year, and goes against another prolific attack in the Cardinals led by Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald - a pair of veterans who are well aware they don't have that many shots left at getting to the Super Bowl."

If I weren't so depressed by how easily we are manipulated, I'd be more happy that the narrative has shifted.

It seems to me that NBC has one of the smaller NFL broadcast rights packages - Thursday night games, Thanksgiving and the Super Bowl every few years. Whereas CBS and FOX have regular season games and ABC/ESPN as we know would never state that the Emperor's new clothes are a sham.

Interestingly, it also seems that between Costas and Florio, NBC has been one of the very few media outlets willing to speak the truth - in part BECAUSE they are less dependent on NFL revenue and maintaining NFL sources

I mean, with certain exceptions like Sally Jenkins - who isn't "just" an NFL writer - pretty much every other media outlet that covers the NFL is also dependent on the NFL for their access to teams and news and future media rights - and they don't want to irk a Goodell who is clearly vindictive and corrupt, lest they pay the price

It's sad, but that's the only explanation for why many media outlets have just opted to overlook the fact that Goodell's assertion that Brady cheated is dependent on the CBA granting Goodell the right to suspend the Laws of Physics

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back