PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blue Cats from Detroit defeated the Chiefs

I bet the Kelce injury is more than what is presented, Chris Jones is a POS, I hate the hold out thing, shouldn't be allowed, sign a contract honor the contract and bet no one here can hold out from work....

Chiefs aint going back 2 back.

Somebody is going to go Marcus Pollard mode on Mahomes. How many time is he going to fake going out of bounds and pick up 5 more yards without a finger laid on him?

Dude runs around like he is untouchable.

I bet the Kelce injury is more than what is presented, Chris Jones is a POS, I hate the hold out thing, shouldn't be allowed, sign a contract honor the contract and bet no one here can hold out from work....

If I were one of the top 5 people in the world at my specific job, you bet your ass I could hold out.

Chiefs aint going back 2 back.

Somebody is going to go Marcus Pollard mode on Mahomes. How many time is he going to fake going out of bounds and pick up 5 more yards without a finger laid on him?

Dude runs around like he is untouchable.
Or a Mo Lewis type of hit!

I should have stayed up and watched the end of the game
After watching.. I feel even better about our WRs vs. What Mahomes has. Without Kelce it's all on Mahomes. Just think that team once had Hunt, Watkins, and hill. They were unstoppable then on offense. Detroit is going to be a force to be reckoned with St. Brown is a budding star at WR.

What I saw tonight was a Lions team that did not quit. They were overmatched, even with the Chiefs missing Kelce and Jones, but stayed focused.

The Chiefs, on the other hand, learned that Mahommes Magic (that side arm pass around the rushing defender was pretty damn good) is not enough - especially when receivers are dropping very catchable passes.

And we have witnessed an incredibly rare event - a good, entertaining Thursday Night football game!
Andy Reid and Kaderian Toney gave that game away. Not sorry to see the Chiefs lose and yes the lions didn't quit, but they did a lot of poor football at times. What was Andy thinking with some of these play calls? Maybe it was the Nagy factor.

Somebody is going to go Marcus Pollard mode on Mahomes
That would be Bernard Pollard. Marcus was a TE for the Colts.
Are false starts not a thing anymore? Felt like I saw a bunch not called last night.
Trent Brown is a happy man. From what I’ve read or seen on TV, refs have been told to be more lenient on T’s starting early. I hate it. I also hate the league allowing the lineman to get up from their stance or twist their bodies to look at the QB to alert the C when to snap it. Gone are the days once the line is set, they can’t move and the C was restricted to looking under his legs for the QB’s signal to snap it.

This takes home crowds right out of the game.

Double Kelce = man coverage. So, Mahomes can run/buy time to find the open man. Play zone and Kelce will just sit in those soft spots.

Yeah itd be tough to get pressure since the edges have to respect his scrambling. Then he can sit back and find someone eventually. Of course a strong interior rush would get it done but thats pretty much the answer to anything (the famous “blueprint “ to stopping brady, get pressure up the middle without blitzing… voila!!)

The part I hate is a guy will sign a contract for 5y/$100m with a $95m signing bonuses. And then people will act like he is only playing for $1m/year in the 3rd year of his contract.

Long story short: Kelce is really good, and taking him away isn't easy. Every team comes in with a plan for Kelce, but you know what Mike Tyson says about plans...

I think we used to put jcj on him if im not mistaken? He did pretty good I think. Then safety help on tyreek. We did an ok job on that offense… but I remember turnovers and st miscues breaking some of those games open. And a couple times tyreek got loose.

The Chiefs having to rely on Kelce is dangerous. The guy is already injured and he will be 34 in a month. They are in serious risk of him hitting the age wall this season.

The Chiefs having to rely on Kelce is dangerous. The guy is already injured and he will be 34 in a month. They are in serious risk of him hitting the age wall this season.
I can see them trading for one of the Bucs WR

I was telling @Dingleberry, next time someone says our WRs suck, they should be made to watch this game. Toney cost them.

I mean we've definitely had some rough years at WR, but I think this shows that it's not quite the no-brainer, "Just get great wide receivers all the time and then pay them whatever they want!" that a lot of posters seem to think. There are not many teams in the NFL that have consistently produced, drafted, developed, or signed top notch receiving corps for a decade+ at a time. The reason everyone keeps referencing the Steelers when talking about the Patriots WR draft woes is because they're the outlier in that field, not the norm.

I mean we've definitely had some rough years at WR, but I think this shows that it's not quite the no-brainer, "Just get great wide receivers all the time and then pay them whatever they want!" that a lot of posters seem to think. There are not many teams in the NFL that have consistently produced, drafted, developed, or signed top notch receiving corps for a decade+ at a time. The reason everyone keeps referencing the Steelers when talking about the Patriots WR draft woes is because they're the outlier in that field, not the norm.
There's a faction here that covets everyone not in a Pats uni, especially guys in KC. (hint, it's Mahomes, just like it was Brady)

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back