PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blocking Harry

@DropKickFlutie - Please Read this series of Tweets. And then RE-READ them. And RE-READ them again and again and again until you actually understand what Chatham is saying. And, since you don't know, Matt Chatham is a commentator who's actually played the game so he had a good handle on what he's talking about.

Hilarious. Ok so chatham is your source of truth. Got it.

And btw I'm fine w NKeal here on a minimum contract to block. He's a good blocker for a WR. Still a waste of a 1st rd pick

Hilarious. Ok so chatham is your source of truth. Got it.

And btw I'm fine w NKeal here on a minimum contract to block. He's a good blocker for a WR. Still a waste of a 1st rd pick

The fact that you laugh at Matt Chatham being a source when you provide NO SOURCES for your stupidity just goes to your lack of intelligence.

As for the rest of your post, you're a liar. But that's not surprising. It's all you're able to do.

If he plays this physically and has a catch or two each game like Sunday vs the Browns, I'll take it. Not exactly AJ Brown, but valuable in this offense.

He was on the field for running plays the whole game.. Didn't you bother to watch it or the videos posted?
I was running a 50 person tailgate party at Milehigh. I did watch the condensed game and highlights but did not notice Harry till later in the game. So I appreciate the information

I was running a 50 person tailgate party at Milehigh. I did watch the condensed game and highlights but did not notice Harry till later in the game. So I appreciate the information

That 50 person tailgate was today? And it precluded you from watching the video the OP posted that had the Boxscore, down, distance, Qtr, and clock? Good to know.

Harry probably isn't the fastest learner on the team but he is very gifted physically.

In 2019 he had his injury and was frozen out by an angry Brady -- so was Jakobi Meyers
In 2020 he did much better, 33 receptions for 309 yds, 2 TD's and 15 1st downs -- but he had Cam throwing to him
In 2021 he looked much improved in camp, but was injured again and faces much more competition

So it is still possible for him to improve substantially -- but his history means he will never justify the 1st round pick.

Last edited:
If he plays this physically and has a catch or two each game like Sunday vs the Browns, I'll take it. Not exactly AJ Brown, but valuable in this offense.
Yes, he is OK as a #4 WR.

So it is still possible for him to improve substantially -- but his history means he will never justify the 1st round pick.
Yea that ship has sailed.

If he can catch a few balls, spring some long runs with his blocking and go along with the program I'll be happy.

From another perspective, last year with crap (LaCoss, Izzo, etc) and being the focus of the offense, he couldn't do anything.
I think he had a golden chance last year and blew it. He's not good except as a minimum-salary WR blocker. Still a 1st round pick major bust.

Watching deebo tonight, could harry ever run out of the back field? Similar to patterson? Or is he too slow?

Its not really about what he can do . its about what they want him to do and feel comfortable with at this point in time.

He def. has some of that on his college tape but he is no Deebo (who i hoped for) or even Patterson in that regard. And there is a player on the team that can do that much better (Jonnu). So wo injuries it is difficult to see how he can carve a bigger role for himself although i would like to see him in some RPO & even pass packages in stead of Agholor.

He is useful in his situational role now (which was the point of this thread) esp. with blocking problems of both TEs esp. Henry. Both are improving in that regard so we shall see moving forward. Harry did show though that a few times his number was called that he can deliver as contested catcher as well. So he might be a surprise situational weapon later on.

Let's rename his position to one that better describes his contributions to the team.

He's not a Wide Receiver.

He's the first Wing Fullback.

He's Dwyane Allen 2.0. I'm fine with it as long as he stays on a minimum deal. And we all acknowledge it was a bust 1st round pick. But we can still be friendly with him if he stays in this reduced role

Shannon Sharpe was a receiver initially and struggled. He then switched to tight end where he was great. I don’t really know why he was so much better at TE, different types of routes I guess and he was big and strong enough to block. He was similar in size to Harry, at least initially.

I wonder if Harry could make the switch as well given his struggles at WR and his blocking ability. I have no idea if it could work, but I’m curious what others think. And if anyone has insight into why this worked so well for Sharpe.
Shannon Sharpe moved from wide receiver, where he struggled, to tight end where he excelled, to television commentator, where he struggles.

Seems like a lot of people have different versions of the word "contribute." For some it's catches/yards/TDs...with some second-level stuff thrown in.

For BB, if Bourne's running an end-around and sees the other side wide open, contributing means clearing the way. That goes for downfield blocking as well.

I've already said what I would have done (I think a lot here agreed, and not even in hindsight) in the first round and subsequent rounds in that draft, but that's history now. Harry's on the team, doing what's asked of him without complaint, winning the praise of his teammates - Bourne was praising him up and down when asked about his end-arounds, and Mac said that maybe he should get the ball to him more.

So, I don't care about being right or wrong. I want the guy to continue to improve, to be ready to step in if one of the top 3 gets hurt, or to keep showing that they should throw him the ball, and become a bigger part of the offense. It's not like he's sitting the bench a lot, and it's not like he isn't catching the few balls coming his way.

He's a Pat. I root for him. Full stop.

Where a player is draft is like your college GPA on the Patriots. When the ceremony's over, no one wants to hear about it.

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back