PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Black Monday thread: the NFL Coaching Carousel

Judge is dead man walking. A new GM is gonna want his guy. Either this year or next.
Hbo GIF by Game of Thrones

Not all. JMD fits in what you said I think he is a genius personally compare some of the his schemes in 2014-18 vs the basic formations of Tampa which relied heavily on Tommy & talent around him rather than schemes.

but I would say the majority of the others had success because they were surrounded by the best football mind of all time and the best football player of all time. Hell I would have success
I have no doubt you know a thing or two, but I’m still going to go with “Flores is a better DC than Reubski23” and “BOB, while insufferable, knows more offense than Reubski23”. I am pretty confident in saying that you’d easily outshine Judge, BOB, and Mangini (and others) in personality and charm.

Last edited:
Any chance Flores ends up with the NYG? I know Mara is a BC alum who loves those from his alma mater.

Getting the impression that all these former BB coaches were very good at what they were doing but when it comes to managing people, they fall on their faces.

Yes sounds like Flores is a good coach but didn't read the room and realize that friction with his GM and QB would hurt him.

Without Brady, McD has been terrible. Denver'10, St Louis'11, NE'19, NE'20. Home run pick in Mac who has regressed the last 6 wks with this OC (just like Sam Bradford regressed in 2011).

Any chance Flores ends up with the NYG? I know Mara is a BC alum who loves those from his alma mater.
I do think that defensive personnel is a really good fit, with two CBs that have played at an elite level (although not consistently) and a converted corner at safety. I just don't see how they can hire a former Patriots coach whose biggest weakness has been forming an offensive staff when they're two years removed from hiring Joe Judge and forcing Jason Garrett on him because they didn't trust him to build an offensive staff.

Realistically, where does Judge go after this?

I assume he's not going to get another nfl hc job. He was set to be the hc at miss st (his alma mater) before the giants called, will another college team hire him? Is he even capable of being an oc/dc in the nfl?

Coming back and coaching ST for the pats might be his best option.

I assume he's not going to get another nfl hc job. He was set to be the hc at miss st (his alma mater) before the giants called, will another college team hire him? Is he even capable of being an oc/dc in the nfl?

Would Belichick can Cam?

Good question - what is Judge's next move for the long term? Clearly he wants to be HC again in the NFL but how do you achieve that when you're currently damaged goods after two poor years in NY and you need to prove yourself once again. Most sacked HCs who don't land another HC job a few weeks later step back to the co-ordinator role for a year or more until their talent gets them hired as a HC again.

I imagine Judge could go to the college game as a HC but perhaps next year unless he's pursued straight away. I can see him going somewhere (possibly the Patriots) for a year and act as a consultant or an associate HC. He doesn't have the expertise to be OC/DC and I imagine he doesn't want to be limited to ST-C any longer.

I hadn't thought of the college possibility, and that would be another good reason for him to take a more unofficial consultant job with an NFL team next season. I think teams are less likely to give him a standard role on the coaching staff if they're concerned about him wanting to jump ship sometime in December. That was reportedly part of why Schiano didn't stick with the Patriots in 2019.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back