PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Black Monday thread: the NFL Coaching Carousel

I don’t see how you could pick Flores over Allen if you are the Saints.
Real chance Flores makes his way back to New England
I’d like to dream that (I think he was the best “DC” we had since Romeo, even if he didn’t officially have that title). But I wonder he’d be on McDaniels short list for DC if he gets the Raiders job? And if Flores would rather prove his worth outside of BB’s shadow. We’ll see.

I’d like to dream that (I think he was the best “DC” we had since Romeo, even if he didn’t officially have that title). But I wonder he’d be on McDaniels short list for DC if he gets the Raiders job? And if Flores would rather prove his worth outside of BB’s shadow. We’ll see.
I think Flores best path to HC is with Bill and Kraft.
He was here forever. Im sure he would be welcomed back with open arms.

I agree - I’d be happy with Flores as BB’s successor. Give him a GM that is trustworthy and on the same page as Flores (i.e. not Grier or his father…), and I think he will do well here. And a “local” guy with long term New England connections, it could be very appealing. We’ll need to understand why he had a revolving door at OC, he’ll need to correct that issue. But if he were a perfect candidate, he wouldn’t be available.

I think it’s almost certain Harbaugh is leaving Michigan.
Mike McDonald was LB for his brother in Baltimore.
He sent him to Michigan as DC supposedly to train to replace Wink after 2022 when his contract expired. McDonald turned around Michigan’s D, got Jim H his first win in the Ohio state game and got him to the playoff.
Wink was let go a year early and McDonald hired.
If Jim H wasn’t leaving Michigan, John H wouldn’t have made this move a year early.

Are the Texans serious with Josh McCown?? I mean, the guy is always reported to be like a coach on the field, and very smart... but for that franchise to change direction AGAIN, and go with a zero-experience ex-player - that's a huge risk! And ultimately Josh will just be an easy fall guy when they go 12-22 the next 2 years and fire him.

Rumors are Harbaugh to the LOLphins.
I think it’s a terrible hire so I love it.

Are the Texans serious with Josh McCown?? I mean, the guy is always reported to be like a coach on the field, and very smart... but for that franchise to change direction AGAIN, and go with a zero-experience ex-player - that's a huge risk! And ultimately Josh will just be an easy fall guy when they go 12-22 the next 2 years and fire him.
Reports are that the Texans love Mccown so much they asked the Jaguars to interview him. Mccowns agent is tight with Khan, reason is so it looks like another team considered him for a HC position before Houston gives the job to a HC with no experience.
FYI Texans players liked and commented on the tweet Mccown was interviewing for HC.
Thinks like yessir and hell yeah were quotes from active players.

I didn't want to post this in the Flores thread, but could you imagine the social media takes if the Dolphins hired this guy as the next head coach after firing Flores?

skysports-mike-mcdaniel-san-francisco-49ers_5159891.jpeg

If teams had doubts about Bienemy, last Sunday certainly didn't help his case.

I didn't want to post this in the Flores thread, but could you imagine the social media takes if the Dolphins hired this guy as the next head coach after firing Flores?

View attachment 40716
Looks like the dude who works with my daughter at the health foods store.

steve-belichick.gif

Kafka to Giants as OC.
Was hoping we’d give him a look.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand