PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills fans bend the knee to Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when they first came online ,too...back in the Stone Age.At the time there was only one Bills board of any note, at the Democrat and Chronicle out of Rochester. They had a dozen or so regulars who were positively insane with hatred for the Pats and the Fish. I remember one guy who used his real name, Ed Arsenault or something...he was in a constant rage about Belichick and how he had no respect for the Bills four super bowl appearances. He made repeated printed death threats to many of the members of the old Unofficial Patriots.com board. You remember that board, Ian?....there was a link to YOUR original Patsfans website there, along with Zip's site and HawaiianPatsfan's board. When the lawyers for Patriots.com decided to shut the Unofficial board down, we all migrated to YOUR site. They made a HUGE mistake as any person of normal intelligence can see. THIS is the preeminent Patriots fan web site, not Patriots.com. Ironic ,eh?
Yeah, looking back it's pretty crazy and I still can't believe it's been that long. I loved Zip's site and the email list and still can't get over all the things he's battled through, yet he's still doing amazing things. Very cool :)

Yeah, looking back it's pretty crazy and I still can't believe it's been that long. I loved Zip's site and the email list and still can't get over all the things he's battled through, yet he's still doing amazing things. Very cool :)

Speaking of Zip, his main thing these days is being a motivational speaker to raise money for the charity he runs (which benefits the NH Association for the Blind and one of the big guide dog schools) and giving (free!) presentations at schools, scout meetings, and the like.

And if any of you (or your kids) are involved with First Lego League, he and his current guide dog appeared in Lego form all over the country back in the fall.

This argument that Montana's 4-0 is better than Brady's 4-2 is ridiculous. In addition to winning 4 SB's, Brady also won 6 Conference Championships. Montana only won 4. Simple as that. Sill, Montana was a great QB. But Brady's the GOAT.

I like this sarcastic post from the Bills Forum thread:
Yeah but he can never catch Montana as far as his Super Bowl legacy. Even if he goes 7-2, he can never catch Montana's 4-0. You see, part of the beauty of Montana's career was losing three conference championship games to help preserve his perfect 4-0 Super Bowl record.​

That was one of my favorites also.

His followup was pretty good too: 'I hope some of you kept reading and saw that my OP was 100% sarcastic. Even if they do lose, Brady's legacy is still bolstered by winning another conference championship. Conference championships are good. It's why the Bills have like eight hall of famers from that era.'

Last edited:
Speaking of Zip, his main thing these days is being a motivational speaker to raise money for the charity he runs (which benefits the NH Association for the Blind and one of the big guide dog schools) and giving (free!) presentations at schools, scout meetings, and the like.

And if any of you (or your kids) are involved with First Lego League, he and his current guide dog appeared in Lego form all over the country back in the fall.

Zip's my uncle, you forgot running tough mudders, climbing mountains, and running the Boston marathon. Man is an insane machine. 20/20 vision quest if anyone is interested in his charity. He also does motivational talks for businesses and such. Kind of hard to say my desk job is tough when a guy doing everything he does blind is up there showing you the mentality to do it. Most amazing person I have ever met hands down not even close.

Excellent thread (if you can get past the (occasional) "cheaterz!" complaints).

For example:

Brady's Legacy - The Stadium Wall

(It's weird -- I find that Bills fans (at least on their forums) are overall the most sane non-NE NFL fans about the Patriots. Maybe it's because NE has completely crushed the life out of them so that they've moved past the jealousy phase onto just resignation.)
Agree, but then the same poster loses some of that credibility when he posts this:

"I think BB and TB are intertwined and cannot be separated for purposes of ranking coaches/QBs
I think one without the other never ever comes close to the success they have achieved together
Take TB away from BB and BB is an average football coach, take BB away from TB and TB is an average QB...together, and with the winning and confidence that has happened which has grown spread to all players on the team, they have become the best QB and best coach in NFL history
What they have done together is incredible, and as a Bills fan, heart breaking"

I get that as a tandem they are better, but calling either one average without is pretty dumb. IMO

Trust me, they are not. Not anywhere close. They absolutely hate Brady and the Patriots.
Yeah, I was wondering if I was reading the right thread. Tons of annoying brain dead stuff in there.

Agree, but then the same poster loses some of that credibility when he posts this:

"I think BB and TB are intertwined and cannot be separated for purposes of ranking coaches/QBs
I think one without the other never ever comes close to the success they have achieved together
Take TB away from BB and BB is an average football coach, take BB away from TB and TB is an average QB...together, and with the winning and confidence that has happened which has grown spread to all players on the team, they have become the best QB and best coach in NFL history
What they have done together is incredible, and as a Bills fan, heart breaking"

I get that as a tandem they are better, but calling either one average without is pretty dumb. IMO

Agreed, poor word choice there, they may not have been GOAT status but "average" is low-balling them unnecessarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back