PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick doesn't sound ready to leave Patriots for a 'Long Time'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t. I’d rather have some growing pains for a year or two and then a nice decade than patch together old vets and hope they work out every 3 or 4 years.
I want a vet to bridge the gap. you never want to the man following The Man.

Flies in the face of literally everything brady has ever said but sure. Keep believing hell retire just cause they won.

Bill isnt going anywhere either. We know what we know and until then its worthless to speculate

Bill is having way too good of a time (I think). As long as he has his heath, energy and support structure in place he isn't going anywhere.

I don't think Bill could do a massive rebuilding job but keeping the ship running and fixing leaks. Yep.

Besides having his kids with him and helping them get established in the league is a key for him. Might be the most important thing to him TBH.

Yea thats my gut, his kids could potentially be an extension to his legacy and the start of a family coaching dynasty

He would never admit it, but I'm sure he would love to create a dynasty that casts a shadow over this league for the next 50-100 years

Yea thats my gut, his kids could potentially be an extension to his legacy and the start of a family coaching dynasty

He would never admit it, but I'm sure he would love to create a dynasty that casts a shadow over this league for the next 50-100 years
A sad hypothetical but in the event Bob were to pass on suddenly and Jonathan takes the helm, I'm assuming BB would stay on. My understanding his relationship with JK is strong but not as solid as his with RK.

Jonathan is a little more let's say, passionate and not as patient as Bob is.

i had a thought recently:

give your friends this scenario and see if they accept: if Brady and Pats win the superbowl this year, Brady will retire, if they don't win this year, Brady keeps playing for however long he decides to

i bet they turn Pats fans mighty quick for the rest of the year (except for fans still in the final 4 due to personal stake)

so maybe its a better question for early next year
Brady isn’t retiring.
Why would he retire after winning the SB? He will want to come back and win another.

I also believe there is a certain coach who has opened his mouth too many times that BB wants to pass in the wins column...

Having the stability for a few more years is great especially after Brady retires. It will be interesting to see how he will make some other QB a contender year after year. No one will eclipse Brady but with BB at the helm this team will always be in contention!

I guess it depends on what we call being in contention. As great a HC as Belichick is I don't see them having anywhere near the same success with another QB as they've had with Brady

BB all the way until it is a family affair

Go Pats

Would have been nice to have Jimmy G in the wings. But if BB is hinting there how about a Nick Foles I think Brady plays one more year Tops. And if we some how make it to the SB and Win it Brady could just walk away in all that glory. I think BB would transition well with a Guy like Nick Foles a winner who's Team responds to him.
Because you’d be back to the same predicament you had with Garoppolo. How are you going to pay them both top dollar?

I think Bill wants to coach a few years without Brady.
I think he wants to make a serious run at that piece of garbage Don Shula. And I hope Shula's alive and holding his colostomy bag for each and every win.

Last edited:
Just googled "colostomy bagpipes".

Not sure why.

#TankforTua or #TankforTrevor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back