PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Biggest Leaper?

If Dugger or Philips can't play top-20 strong safety against the run and tight ends, this team won't be going far. Having someone to solidify this spot has always been key to rings in a BB defense - Milloy, Rodney, Chung.

Dugger. I balk on Onwenu because I think he was a star as a rookie. To me : too many fans obsess with the failures of top picks and don’t fully appreciate what Onwenu meant to the team last year.

For a second, I thought you were asking "Biggest Leper" - someone Belichick cuts at the first opportunity because his play and attitude risks contaminating the rest of the squad.

Harris balls out first few weeks, on way to 1k+, we trade Michel for a 4th and a cb.

Uche sounds like he’s getting the most buzz.

I think if given the opportunity, Gunner could make a big leap as a WR. With 2 TE, Agoholor, Bourne and Myers, I don't see him getting the snaps to make that happen

Sony Michel. He will finally put it all together and go off into FA and get that bag.

Uche, Dugger, Onewu, Michel are the low hanging fruit. I'll go a little farther out on the limb with last year's UDFA CB, Miles Bryant (sp?).

Dugger will make the biggest leap in my opinion. He was a bit above average even as a rookie so his arrow absolutely is pointing upwards.

Uche, Dugger, Onewu, Michel are the low hanging fruit. I'll go a little farther out on the limb with last year's UDFA CB, Miles Bryant (sp?).

I'm weirdly high on Miles Bryant... Maybe I'm just seeing patterns from a small sample size after Butler and Jackson, but the kid looked pretty good in his first season as an UDFA. He feels like a Jalen Mills type, a guy that can play all over the secondary, so it will be interesting to see how the roles shake out if both are playing well.

Did Michel not have a great rookie year and a good third year?
Great, no. He's been a good player for us but he's never been great. Even in the playoffs. Good player, bad pick. Hopefully he's having his best year to date
Dugger will make the biggest leap in my opinion. He was a bit above average even as a rookie so his arrow absolutely is pointing upwards.
Almost everyone I talk to brings him up.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back