PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Ben open to retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicDawg

Patriot of the Week
Reaction score

This could be nothing, but with his injury history...something to think about.

Make them pay dearly for Jimmy G or does he only have 1 year left on his contract?

Just kidding, he needs to go to the NFC.

Even if he comes back he's done. Put a fork in him and the Steelers.

His comments about the game being 'too big' for young guys seems telling, as well. Must suck to work so hard and get to a game where you get smashed like that by a team who has a lot of cap space and a lot of young talent.

Tough to want to get up for another year of being smashed by the Patriots as a best case scenario when you've already got your rings.

I'd like to see him play until he sucks and then have the steelers cut him

Would not get too excited about something said 24 hours after a playoff beatdown.

Well it's actually 48 hours since this interview happened this morning...and not sure who is "excited". Like I said in the OP, knowing him he may change his mind and do this again next year...but it's still a pretty big deal for him to be mulling this over. Once your mind is out of it, doesn't matter what the body does (unless it gives out on you completely).

I'm very surprised about this.

Ben sees the window closing.

He just signed a huge deal a couple of years ago.

He threw Tomlin under the bus too.

“They out-played us,” Ben said. “They were the better team on that day, and it showed. They out-coached us, they out-played us, they out-executed us and the better team won the football game. It’s frustrating, but that’s the way it goes sometimes.”

Ben Roethlisberger Uncertain About Future, Will Consider All Options This Offseason

I think this is more a subtle message to the Rooneys that Ben is not happy most likely with Tomlin. Honestly if your Ben, and you go into a game against the Patriots and they play the same exact defense that Brady has picked apart for over a decade and your defensive players admit that they were "not ready for" or "surprised" that the Patriots used an up temp offense, then whoever is running your team and your defense needs to get FIRED!

Roethlisberger is a great QB, he hit what 15 or so passes in a row on Sunday. The guy has won two Super Bowls and one with a last second TD. But as the years start dwindling down and you look around you and see that level of incompetence in your coaching staff, it must make you pause.

PuHlease: I think Big Ben is just brooding over the loss too much talent on that Team not to contend in the AFC.

Last edited:
I think this is more a subtle message to the Rooneys that Ben is not happy most likely with Tomlin. Honestly if your Ben, and you go into a game against the Patriots and they play the same exact defense that Brady has picked apart for over a decade and your defensive players admit that they were "not ready for" or "surprised" that the Patriots used an up temp offense, then whoever is running your team and your defense needs to get FIRED!

Roethlisberger is a great QB, he hit what 15 or so passes in a row on Sunday. The guy has won two Super Bowls and one with a last second TD. But as the years start dwindling down and you look around you and see that level of incompetence in your coaching staff, it must make you pause.

This is a smart take. Bradshaw's criticism of Tomlin is going to get more play in Pittsburgh in the coming weeks.

Would not get too excited about something said 24 hours after a playoff beatdown.

Yeah Big Ben might have other plans than OTA's...maybe he wants to take his sweet time this Off-season.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes