PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2024 OT/PTP Thread

I’m with you. Maybe trade down with the Falcons at 8 to pick up good ammunition.

VLowe at LT and McDermott at RT as your starters next year? Good grief.

Do we want to Jim Plunkett our new QB?

And then this guy in the mid rounds.
I love Alt, I think he would be plug and play LT day one. Fashanu is the same way, I just like Alt better personally. Depending on who the Pats get as OL coach, I would love to see them double dip out of Notre Dame with Blake Fisher in the 3rd/4th round. Lots of natural ability and tools but I think he needs some development and pretty sure Billy Yates, etc. are not up to the task. Please come back Scar!

I’m with you. Maybe trade down with the Falcons at 8 to pick up good ammunition.

VLowe at LT and McDermott at RT as your starters next year? Good grief.

Do we want to Jim Plunkett our new QB?

And then this guy in the mid rounds.

I don't know if they'll be able to drop all the way down to 8 and still get him.....The top 4 is likely 3 QBs and 1 WR....who is going in picks 5-7?

My target would be NYG at 6, and I think that would get Alt, worst case the other LT whose name I can't spell.

I don't know if they'll be able to drop all the way down to 8 and still get him.....The top 4 is likely 3 QBs and 1 WR....who is going in picks 5-7?

My target would be NYG at 6, and I think that would get Alt, worst case the other LT whose name I can't spell.

Is alt really the best left tackle in this draft? Sometimes youth does not mean best!

Is alt really the best left tackle in this draft? Sometimes youth does not mean best!

Based on a random sampling or mocks, he seems to be the first LT off the board currently.....I'm not a pro OL evaluator, so replace Alt with which ever LT the team likes the best.

Based on a random sampling or mocks, he seems to be the first LT off the board currently.....I'm not a pro OL evaluator, so replace Alt with which ever LT the team likes the best.
Also the son of a 2nd team All Pro / multiple Pro Bowl OT, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

Patrick Paul has some outstanding measurements at the Senior Bowl, though his hands are on the smallish side.. LOL

1706567747053.png

Best-case scenario: Jordan Morgan at #34. Plan B: Kingsley Suamataia, also at 34.

I have no interest whatsoever in any of the Right Tackle-Onlys such as Latham, Guyton & Mims.

Patrick Paul's too gangly to be considered any earlier than #68.

The measurements for Fautanu this week will be critical, because without NFL length he's gonna be an NFL Guard and not a Tackle. 34 for 34 should be his byline...

I like the Yale kid Kieran Amagadije as a developmental prospect, but only later in the 3rd round and only if a starting-caliber Left Tackle has already been signed before the draft.

Best-case scenario: Jordan Morgan at #34. Plan B: Kingsley Suamataia, also at 34.

I have no interest whatsoever in any of the Right Tackle-Onlys such as Latham, Guyton & Mims.

The measurements for Fautanu this week will be critical, because without NFL length he's gonna be an NFL Guard and not a Tackle. 34 for 34 should be his byline...

I like the Yale kid Kieran Amagadije as a developmental prospect, but only later in the 3rd round and only if a starting-caliber Left Tackle has already been signed before the draft.

6'7 and 333 = too Gangly *SMH*

P.S. Considering that Trent Brown is the best available starting LT and that the only other ones are guys who have either not seen a full season in 8 years or are just flat out horrible to the point of thinking that Marshall Newhouse coming out of retirement might be a better option (/sarcasm).

I knew/heard his arms "measured" 34 previously but I've seen #'s change so much over the years I needed real confirmation. I've seen #'s change from the SR Bowl and other times to the combine.

Nasty prospect that started at DL. Volleyball background in sports. Brings an intelligent mindset with physical play to every game. Played fullback in hs.

Troy Fautanu is an absolute beast. One of my favorites in the entire class. His movement skills and agility is something else. Quick, sudden strikes that impede or redirect opponents. Loves using snatch/trap, independent or two hand strikes. Plus timing. He gets too aggressive at times but hes got plus hands. Varied strikes with different speeds. Left on an island in empty sets in a pass heavy scheme that targeted down field. Passes off rushers from DL games upfront with ease. Great job utilizing his length.
Absolute mauler with plus speed, locating, targeting and moving opponents. Even smaller quicker DBs. He's inconsistent with getting to his marks or spots in pass pro at times. Whether he's looking to cut someone off or jump. Leads to a inconsistent base. He's very good getting vertical, jump or 45 but Like pass pro he's a versatile run blocker who wins mostly with power. Ran and excelled in a lot of counters and gap runs. Only 3 sacks in 2000+ snaps. A lot when teams were pinning their ears back to attack.

Oregon State’s RT, Taliese Fuaga, would be a great addition to the Pats. An immediate plug’nplay “nastier” version of Bryan Bulaga.
Fuaga and Fautanu's tape are as good as anyone in the class save Alt's best. I love both. You better have a good ol coach if you go Fashanu. Exceptional potential but very inconsistent tape.

Rosengarten has some great tape as well. I think he'll be very coveted in the NFL bc if not for Fautanu and Penix being a lefty he might have played LT at Washington.

Big boy with some athleticism as well this week. He's got some nice lateral and mirror movements to his game. Able to handle power or speed. Nice snatch/trap like Fautanu. Varied hand strikes. He's a good one with real versatility. He's got plus footwork though always balanced and ready to strike or react to counter. Physical run blocker plus down blocker. Can climb locate and target. Uses his length very well I'm all phases of the game. I'll probably have a 3rd, late 3rd on him.

Not an OT, but Tanor Bortolini has my attention. Otherwise, I think it's Alt for me in the highly unlikely scenario where they don't go either QB or WR.

I had Jordan pegged for us in the 2nd until I watched his tape closer. He doesn't show any interest in doing anything beyond the 3 seconds in pass pro. He has short arms. Therefore he might be best served as a guard.

I do very much like the Yale kid. He's got long arms. And he shows the ferocity that Jordan lacks.

Other day 3 OTs:

Javon Foster
Walter Rouse
Garrett Greenfield

I knew/heard Troy Fautanu’s arms "measured" 34 previously but I've seen #'s change so much over the years I needed real confirmation. I've seen #'s change from the SR Bowl and other times to the combine.

Nasty prospect that started at DL. Volleyball background in sports. Brings an intelligent mindset with physical play to every game. Played fullback in hs.

Troy Fautanu is an absolute beast. One of my favorites in the entire class. His movement skills and agility is something else. Quick, sudden strikes that impede or redirect opponents. Loves using snatch/trap, independent or two hand strikes. Plus timing. He gets too aggressive at times but hes got plus hands. Varied strikes with different speeds. Left on an island in empty sets in a pass heavy scheme that targeted down field. Passes off rushers from DL games upfront with ease. Great job utilizing his length.
Absolute mauler with plus speed, locating, targeting and moving opponents. Even smaller quicker DBs. He's inconsistent with getting to his marks or spots in pass pro at times. Whether he's looking to cut someone off or jump. Leads to a inconsistent base. He's very good getting vertical, jump or 45 but Like pass pro he's a versatile run blocker who wins mostly with power. Ran and excelled in a lot of counters and gap runs. Only 3 sacks in 2000+ snaps. A lot when teams were pinning their ears back to attack.

Bump. Scar would have worked magic. A more talented Matt Light. Best LT since Leon Gray.

I am in love with this prospect. Trade down and take him.

can you explain what makes that group “right tackle only” players? I always thought right tackle only players were big and strong but lack the quickness and mobility to deal with the fastest pass rushers.

I see Guyton as a left tackle in the league because he is extremely quick and mobile. To me he seems like more of a finesse guy than a road grader. I typically associate those traits with LT not RT.

can you explain what makes that group “right tackle only” players? I always thought right tackle only players were big and strong but lack the quickness and mobility to deal with the fastest pass rushers.

I see Guyton as a left tackle in the league because he is extremely quick and mobile. To me he seems like more of a finesse guy than a road grader. I typically associate those traits with LT not RT.
Technically he played LT by defending a left handed QB from the right. We’ll see how he transitions.

Bump. Scar would have worked magic. A more talented Matt Light. Best LT since Leon Gray.

I am in love with this prospect. Trade down and take him.
I love Fautanu. His movements and footwork are extremely impressive. Him and Mims graded out very high for me.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back