PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2024 OT/PTP Thread

Bump. Scar would have worked magic. A more talented Matt Light. Best LT since Leon Gray.

I am in love with this prospect. Trade down and take him.

If Maye’s already gone by #3, then one possibility is trading with Minnesota for #s 11, 23, their first-rounder next year plus more, then drafting Nix/McCarthy at 11 and Fautanu at 23 or, fearing he might not still be available, take Fashanu at 11 if he’s there and wait for either Nix or McCarthy at 23…

can you explain what makes that group “right tackle only” players? I always thought right tackle only players were big and strong but lack the quickness and mobility to deal with the fastest pass rushers.

I see Guyton as a left tackle in the league because he is extremely quick and mobile. To me he seems like more of a finesse guy than a road grader. I typically associate those traits with LT not RT.

Yeah Guyton’s performance at the combine surprised me in a good way; so even thought he hasn’t played the position, he might just very well have the required athleticism for Left Tackle…

Still have no interest in Mims or Latham.

If Maye’s already gone by #3, then one possibility is trading with Minnesota for #s 11, 23, their first-rounder next year plus more, then drafting Nix/McCarthy at 11 and Fautanu at 23 or, fearing he might not still be available, take Fashanu at 11 if he’s there and wait for either Nix or McCarthy at 23…
Addison
Future 1st or 2nd

Try to get Odunze with 11 and a future 2nd & 3rd.

If Fautanu is there at 23 that's a possibility but I wouldn't mind waiting on Kingsley, Morgan or Paul later too. If Thomas is anywhere near 23 I'd consider another trade up.

Use a future 2025 1st to grab Penix after.

Again Kingsley, Paul or Morgan at 34

Odunze - X
Addison - Slot/Z
Thomas - everywhere
Bourne - Slot/Z
Pop - almost everywhere

I've gone through this a few times. Penix, in a aggressive vertical attack would be very fun to watch. He's got an incredible arm along with other attributes and traits.

It's not what everyone wants but that would definitely hype me up. With a LT too? I would get fired up for that offense.

Addison
Future 1st or 2nd

Try to get Odunze with 11 and a future 2nd & 3rd.

If Fautanu is there at 23 that's a possibility but I wouldn't mind waiting on Kingsley, Morgan or Paul later too. If Thomas is anywhere near 23 I'd consider another trade up.

Use a future 2025 1st to grab Penix after.

Again Kingsley, Paul or Morgan at 34

Odunze - X
Addison - Slot/Z
Thomas - everywhere
Bourne - Slot/Z
Pop - almost everywhere

I've gone through this a few times. Penix, in a aggressive vertical attack would be very fun to watch. He's got an incredible arm along with other attributes and traits.

It's not what everyone wants but that would definitely hype me up. With a LT too? I would get fired up for that offense.

Penix scares me… Any concerns with Morgan’s sub-33” arms preventing him from staying at LT?

Glad to have you back, btw.

Penix scares me…
Penix will give you ulcers bc of the "what if's" but his arm talent, maturity and ability to avoid sacks are big in my book. He's got instincts in the pocket but isn't a true duel threat and can't consistently beat you outside the pocket. He'll need a top tier-ish OL. It's a gamble but I see a path for success with Penix.
Any concerns with Morgan’s sub-33” arms preventing him from staying at LT?
Yes it shows in both the run & pass game but mostly run game. He can survive in pass pro if his footwork and first step is on point. I love his movement skills, timing and hips though. It'll be on coaching & scheme to hide his flaws in certain situations.
Glad to have you back, btw.
Appreciate it

I know Blake Fisher only played at RT because of Alt, but could he play LT?

I like his mean streak, his agility and his athleticism and I feel he's gone kind of under the radar as a really solid prospect due to being in Alt's shadow

I like his mean streak, his agility and his athleticism and I feel he's gone kind of under the radar as a really solid prospect due to being in Alt's shadow
He's got experience at LT and I know he's been working on that side in practice and privately. So much has to do with what you're asking of him but he's a dude that can play. That's the most important thing. I know teams will have that on their mind for sure.

Kingsley Suamataia
6-4 326 Arm Length 34¼" Wingspan82⅛"

Kiran Amegadjie
6-5, 326 with 36" arms + 85.5" wingspan

These 2 are my favorite picks for rounds 2 and 3.

I know we need a WR but the OL is the biggest area of need. And these 2 are going to fight through the whistle.

Compare them with...

Jordan Morgan
6-3, 311 with 33" arms 81.5" wingspan

And I'm using the YouTube highlight video here below so you'll see some great initial lockdown technique.

But watch as he let's go as the play develops. He doesn't pursue or give much effort beyond that initial block. I prefer the guys that will get down field and fight through the whistle.

My current rankings for LT:
1. Alt
2. Fautanu
3. Fashanu
4. Guyton (convert from RT last year)
5. Suamataia
6. Paul
7. Amegadjie
8. Mims (convert from RT last year)
9. Morgan (issues with short arms and playing to the whistle but great skills, J would take him if he dropped to #68 but not before that)
10. Fisher convert from RT last year)

Others I like include Javon Foster, Rosengarten (another convert), Rouse, and on a late round or UDFA basis Garrett Greenfield and Frank Crum.

Alt is the only guy I see going top 10, no way he gets past the Titans IMHO. I expect Fautanu, Fashanu, Guyton, and Mims to go in the top 20. I wouldn’t be surprised if Suamataia goes in the first round, if that’s how it played out then at #34 it would be my preference to take a better WR prospect capable of playing the X WR as opposed to Paul or Amegadjje, but in that scenario I’d love to see them move down a bit, pick up a pick, and hope at least one of thise to makes it to their new spot

I would put Okorafor and maybe Calvin Anderson above Morgan in this ranking, Wheatley and McDermott in the mix below Fisher. I would rank any of the above ahead of Lowe and Steuber.

Last edited:
OT Consensus Big Board & Consensus Projections
"This consensus big board of each player's overall ranking for the 2024 NFL Draft was compiled using134 Big Board(s),1082 1st Round Mock Draft(s), and 999 Team Based Mock Draft(s). These numbers do not include ALL mock drafts in the database, but rather ones that are closest to the Draft date."

1) Joe Alt, Notre Dame - Consensus Projection #7, Consensus Big Board #8
2) Taliese Fuaga, Oregon St - Projection #13, Big Board #14
3) Olumuyiwa Fashanu, Penn St - Projection #14, BB #15
4) Troy Fautanu, Washington - Projection #16, BB #20
5) J.C. Latham, Alabama, - Projection #18, Big Board #19
6) Amarius Mims, Georgia - Projection #20, BB #22
7) Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma - Projection #30, BB #30
8) Jordan Morgan, Arizona - Projection #31, BB #35
9) Kingsley Suamataia, BYU - Projection N/A, BB #41

10) Kiran Amegadjie, Yale - Projection #50, BB #50
11) Patrick Paul, Houston - Projection #52, BB #71

12) Blake Fisher, Notre Dame - Projection N/A, BB #101
13) Matt Goncalves, Pittsburgh - Projection N/A, BB #120
14) Roger Rosengarten, Washington - Projection #41, BB #127
15) Christian Jones, Texas - Big Board #134
16) Javon Foster, Missouri - Big Board #137

17) Walter Rouse, Oklahoma - Big Board #197
18) Caden Wallace, Penn State - Big Board #204

19) Julian Pearl, Illinois - Big Board #220
20) Garrett Greenfield, South Dakota St - Big Board #232
21) Frank Crum, Wyoming - Big Board #248
22) Josiah Ezirim, Eastern Kentucky - Big Board #250
23) Travis Glover, Georgia State - Big Board #255
24) Ethan Driskell, Marshall - Big Board #256
25) Tylan Crable, Central Florida - Big Board #275

He's got experience at LT and I know he's been working on that side in practice and privately. So much has to do with what you're asking of him but he's a dude that can play. That's the most important thing. I know teams will have that on their mind for sure.
Hosting Blake Fisher on top30 visit. Candidate for #103? Or will he go before that?

NESN is reporting Pats have met with following OL.

Top30 visits
- Kingsley Suamataia
- Blake Fisher
- Caedon Wallace.
- Darrell Simpson
- Travis Glover.
Combine
- Joe Alt,
- Fashanu,
- Patrick Paul
- Zac Zinter
Senior Bowl
- Kingsley Eguakun
Shrine Bowl
- C.J Hansen
Hula Bowl
- Travis Glover
Pro Day
- Travis Glover

Met with Glover x3 now, maybe a late round target.

Last edited:

This is very insightful.

I hope that this is exactly the approach Patriots brass are planning on taking.

12) Blake Fisher, Notre Dame - Projection N/A, BB #101
13) Matt Goncalves, Pittsburgh - Projection N/A, BB #120
14) Roger Rosengarten, Washington - Projection #41, BB #127
15) Christian Jones, Texas - Big Board #134
16) Javon Foster, Missouri - Big Board #137
That middle group is in our third- or perhaps fourth-round range.

Especially of interest is 35” armed Javon Foster. Perfect to play RT as a rookie. Move Onwenu back to guard.

I hope that this is exactly the approach Patriots brass are planning on taking.

McCarthy will be gone by 11, his ceiling is so high someone will take a flyer on him. Maybe Nix will be around at 11. Neither will be around at 23.

I like Daniels and Maye, but I do not think either will be great. At his age, Daniels will not fill out much more, and he will not last. Maye is a big boy but I wonder if he will ever will accurate enough. The QB has to be a pocket passer with great accuracy and a quick release, or a scrambler that can make plays, I am not sure that Maye is either. I don't think Daniels is Jackson or Maye is Allen.

McCarthy or Nix might be the play. It is very tricky picking at #3 because there are so many options with the enormous trade down options. SF proved in 2021 that picking at #3 is a guarantee of nothing.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back