PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 WR/PTP Thread

Tank Dell is a good college receiver, with a lot of talent.

Unfortunately, as genetically gifted as he is, he ain't genetically gifted enough for the NFL. He is simply too small. He will get absolutely obliterated in the pros.

For reference, seeing as he was mentioned, Braxton Berrios is nearly 30lbs heavier than Tank Dell and he's an inch smaller. Tank Dell, as electric as he is, does not have the frame to survive as an NFL receiver.

Tank Dell is a good college receiver, with a lot of talent.

Unfortunately, as genetically gifted as he is, he ain't genetically gifted enough for the NFL. He is simply too small. He will get absolutely obliterated in the pros.

For reference, seeing as he was mentioned, Braxton Berrios is nearly 30lbs heavier than Tank Dell and he's an inch smaller. Tank Dell, as electric as he is, does not have the frame to survive as an NFL receiver.
I think if Dell put 15 pounds on he wouldn't lose much of his electric skills. We have all been wrong before I think if Dell is put in the right situation he will succeed I really like the Prospect.

People said that Wes Welker was "insignificant" when the Pats went to sign him. I can remember people all over this board screaming for BB's head for trading a 2nd round pick for Welker. How'd that turn out?

What's to say that Dell can't be a DeSean Jackson type receiver?

If they end up drafting Dell, I'll probably take your position, but 5'8.3" 163lbs is close to my size, and that scares the crap out of me and would fall out of my risk profile for the draft. Welker was a beefy 5'8.75" 195lbs coming in, but the DJackson (5'9.75" 169lbs - ran a 10.5 100m in HS same as TT) comparison you brought up, though, is fantastic. I like following short skinny dudes to see how they end up (Brandon Banks at 5'7" 149lbs is a personal fave). What usually happens is they try to gain weight (15-20lbs) in the NFL and that slows them down a lot, and they become insignificant... or they get injured.

I guess the question is, what's Tank's injury history? I can only find a shoulder issue in the beginning of 2022 (shades of TT), but that clearly wasn't a problem. Then maybe a hip issue in 2021, and that also wasn't a problem. As long as the OC doesn't do something ridiculous like have him block on the line (like with TT in preseason when I was yelling what are you doing you fools?!? Don't force the square peg! Yeah let's take the Ferrari offroading... great f'ing idea), he just might survive. Surprised I haven't been able to find a lower leg injury for him, which may bode well. Roll of the dice, though.

I do want to mention that Andrei Iosivas left Kyu Blu Kelly in the dust in this play (QB overthrow during Senior Bowl). KBKelly ran a 10.66 100m (+1.0w) in high school, which is f'ing fast. Iosivas is like the anti Jakobi Meyers - all top speed and needs work in pretty much everything else, although with his background in the decathlon (esp discus and maybe shot, jav, and pole) and hopefully smarts, he can put it all together. Not sure if Pats should get him, but I'm intrigued.

Edit: Another rep against Georgia DB/SS Chris Smith II, whom 1 mock (Draft Blitz/ Vogel) has going to the Pats at #14.

Last edited:
I think if Dell put 15 pounds on he wouldn't lose much of his electric skills. We have all been wrong before I think if Dell is put in the right situation he will succeed I really like the Prospect.

I'd imagine Tank has been trying to put weight on all through college, but much like Tyquan just hasn't been able to.

Imagine Dell working across the middle and getting clean hit by Roquan Smith or Fred Warner or someone. It would be carnage.

I'd imagine Tank has been trying to put weight on all through college, but much like Tyquan just hasn't been able to.

Imagine Dell working across the middle and getting clean hit by Roquan Smith or Fred Warner or someone. It would be carnage.
If we had Patricia and Judge still calling the plays glad that ship has sailed.

cruise ship GIF

We don't have to imagine. This is what it might look like.

And Desean Jackson had about 15lb on Tank
Desean was 169lbs at the combine, so not that much heavier - 6lbs (and Tank technically has a higher BMI 24.6 to 24.4 - for reference TT's was 23.3 and Devonta Smith's was 22.9 for their official measurements). At the time of the hit after gaining some weight, yeah maybe 10-15lbs heavier than Tank is now.

If they end up drafting Dell, I'll probably take your position, but 5'8.3" 163lbs is close to my size, and that scares the crap out of me and would fall out of my risk profile for the draft. Welker was a beefy 5'8.75" 195lbs coming in, but the DJackson (5'9.75" 169lbs - ran a 10.5 100m in HS same as TT) comparison you brought up, though, is fantastic. I like following short skinny dudes to see how they end up (Brandon Banks at 5'7" 149lbs is a personal fave). What usually happens is they try to gain weight (15-20lbs) in the NFL and that slows them down a lot, and they become insignificant... or they get injured.

I guess the question is, what's Tank's injury history? I can only find a shoulder issue in the beginning of 2022 (shades of TT), but that clearly wasn't a problem. Then maybe a hip issue in 2021, and that also wasn't a problem. As long as the OC doesn't do something ridiculous like have him block on the line (like with TT in preseason when I was yelling what are you doing you fools?!? Don't force the square peg! Yeah let's take the Ferrari offroading... great f'ing idea), he just might survive. Surprised I haven't been able to find a lower leg injury for him, which may bode well. Roll of the dice, though.

And I'm not saying that Dell's an Undraftable prospect either; I just wouldn't even consider him until probably the 5th round...

And I'm not saying that Dell's an Undraftable prospect either; I just wouldn't even consider him until probably the 5th round...
Could you show anywhere where Dell has been mentioned earlier than that?

Could you show anywhere where Dell has been mentioned earlier than that?
We'll see after workouts some Team *Ahem* hoping the Patriots falls in love with him after the combines and private workouts. Tank Dell's change of direction skills is off the charts his stem and re-stem at the top of his routes is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
We have to come out of this draft with two of following: Addison wr; Meyer te; dell slot receiver

All three are playmakers and our roster is bereft of playmakers not named Stevenson

We have to come out of this draft with two of following: Addison wr; Meyer te; dell slot receiver

All three are playmakers and our roster is bereft of playmakers not named Stevenson
I really like Jordan Addison he looks like a super athlete. :cool:

I do want to mention that Andrei Iosivas left Kyu Blu Kelly in the dust in this play (QB overthrow during Senior Bowl). KBKelly ran a 10.66 100m (+1.0w) in high school, which is f'ing fast. Iosivas is like the anti Jakobi Meyers - all top speed and needs work in pretty much everything else, although with his background in the decathlon (esp discus and maybe shot, jav, and pole) and hopefully smarts, he can put it all together. Not sure if Pats should get him, but I'm intrigued.

Edit: Another rep against Georgia DB/SS Chris Smith II, whom 1 mock (Draft Blitz/ Vogel) has going to the Pats at #14.

Andrei Losivas reminds me of Chris Hogan interesting prospect based on level of competition day 3 we have plenty picks.

Andrei Losivas reminds me of Chris Hogan interesting prospect based on level of competition day 3 we have plenty picks.
Iosivas is a much better athlete than Chris Hogan, more explosive, faster and fluid. Probably a similar level of physicality as Chris Hogan and good hands too.

It's just hard to know if he can adapt to the step up in level. Really interesting prospect though.

Iosivas is a much better athlete than Chris Hogan, more explosive, faster and fluid. Probably a similar level of physicality as Chris Hogan and good hands too.

It's just hard to know if he can adapt to the step up in level. Really interesting prospect though.
Yep I'm sure those Ivy League CB's and Safeties have other aspirations not related to football.

I am really liking WR Xavier Hutchinson looks like a good value pick. It's noted that RB Breece Hall - QB Brock Purdy all came from Iowa State let's get Hutchinson to continue the cycle.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back