PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 WR/PTP Thread

Very productive. Seen him run quite a few option routes. Electric feet, nightmare in close quarters. He's in thar 2nd tier next to Flowers, Downs etc
This is s really impressive Draft class the dept @ WR in ridiculous 2023. Some of these guys can flat out play I think we solve our WR drought in 2023 I can't see them choosing somebody we don't know double dip please. :cool:

Last edited:
I’m still miffed we didn’t draft Romeo Doubs last year after the Patriots had more meetings with him than my daughter has seen the movie Mamma Mia. Well, almost.

So what about another mid round impact player—instead of a brittle bean pole in the second—who can thrive in the NFL?

Rakim Jarrett from Maryland. A former five star recruit. His numbers are down since their former OC Dan Enos had Baby Tua spread the ball around.

Let’s double dip from the Terps with their talented LT Jaelyn Duncan and RJ. Zo will be happy.

I’m ready to get my Patriots jersey with “Jarrett” on the back.

Last edited:
Think what they do in free agency will dictate what they plan on doing in the draft. Not sure what they would do, but hope they secure the O-line and CB spot. I'd still take flowers with our second though, we desperately need a Slot WR, who can take it underneath and get YAC. We've lacked that guy since Edelman and if Bill O'brien comes back we need that Slot guy. Lets just hope they make the right moves this off season.

Bourne has the ability to play the slot. He's can also play outside. He gets YAC. The Pats kept Meyers in the slot because he's limited as an outside guy.

It's going to be interesting to see if the Pats stay with Parker, Bourne, Thornton on the outside or if they move Bourne inside while adding someone as well.

Bourne showed he's a catalyst type player. Just like Nate Ebner was for the 7 on 7 Team USA Rugby. The offense just had a whole different vibe when he was on the field.

Adding Trey Palmer's 10.42 100m to the HS speed list. Couldn't get it going 1st 3 years at LSU then broke out after transferring to Nebraska. He's set to play in the Senior Bowl. Found him while doing research on Zakhari Franklin (who has Terry Glenn sized hands, supposedly).

Side note: looking 3 years down the road at HS Sr Malachi Coleman. 6'4" 190lbs and ran a 10.46 100m

Last edited:
How do people feel about Zay Flowers following his representatives advice by sitting out practice at the Shrine Bowl and only participating in interviews.

I get it, but I also feel like it's a mistake. I think the Patriots would be a great fit for him and he should be showcasing his talent and ability in front of them, it's a perfect opportunity for him. And I think the Pats as a organisation would really lose enthusiasm for a player who's not all in. More so than other organisations at least. I also get the feeling the player himself doesn't feel sure that he's doing the right thing.

Keep an eye out today on the Play-offs and how many passes travel 30+ yards in the air.
I assume you mean down the field because it's already almost 27yds to the sideline from the middle of the field. With a 7yd dropback, A catch right at the sidelines 7yds past LOS is a 30 air yards throw.

Looked at the Shrine Bowl list (thanks to Snooky97) that the Pats will be coaching, and while I'm excited to see how ZFlowers does, I'm rooting for Jake Bobo (6'5" 215) for reasons unrelated to football. He looks like a poorer than poor man's Quentin Johnston, with a 6'0" HJ and 42' Triple Jump in HS (where RKK's kid went to). As more of a possession receiver, his top end speed is sorely lacking (and he might not even run a good 40), so he's probably not a guy I'd want the Pats to get, but I hope he does well, regardless.
Funny - I had previously written down in my post that his game reminds me of Jakobi's, then I deleted it and tried to subtly make it obvious. Looks like officially he's 6040/216. Zay is 5092/182.

Edit: He's doing punt return duty? That's... ahm... weird.

Last edited:
Disappointing: according to the Athletic, Zay Flowers will not be practicing this week at Shrine Bowl.

I’m still miffed we didn’t draft Romeo Doubs last year after the Patriots had more meetings with him than my daughter has seen the movie Mamma Mia. Well, almost.

So what about another mid round impact player—instead of a brittle bean pole in the second—who can thrive in the NFL?

Barfalo's Khalil Shakir was also still available then...

Strange69, BoneyT & Jackoff Jones: Fail, FAIL and Fail Again.

Barfalo's Khalil Shakir was also still available then...

Strange69, BoneyT & Jackoff Jones: Fail, FAIL and Fail Again.
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong again.
Not surprised that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I have a man crush on that guy.

Routes do not look that crisp to me. He is being single man covered, not open a lot. Nice hands, very quick. but looks like he needs some time to develop IMO.

Routes do not look that crisp to me. He is being single man covered, not open a lot. Nice hands, very quick. but looks like he needs some time to develop IMO.
Tank Dell put up impressive numbers this year. I think his quickness is Elite and it should translate to the next level. Other than Meyers our Receivers struggle with separation. I think that's one of the first things Bob will see when he watches our 2022 Offense.

Tank Dell put up impressive numbers this year. I think his quickness is Elite and it should translate to the next level. Other than Meyers our Receivers struggle with separation. I think that's one of the first things Bob will see when he watches our 2022 Offense.

He might be quick like Edelman but he does not run routes like Jules. Maybe he can learn.

Last edited:
He might be quick like Edelman but he does not run routes like Jules. Maybe he can learn.
Thanks the hope on the next level is that they get even better I like Tank Dell's upside.

Thanks the hope on the next level is that they get even better I like Tank Dell's upside.

I have no idea which college WR prospects will translate to NFL studs. I think some guys look like NFL studs while in college, for instance look at Stevenson's highlights.

Not a surprise to me that Trey Palmer and Tre Tucker have posted the fastest WR speeds so far in Senior Bowl practices. As far as my other guy of note, disappointed in Iosivas so far, speed wise, and a drop in the EZ in 11v11.

Tank Dell at 5083 / 163 makes me nervous.

Not a surprise to me that Trey Palmer and Tre Tucker have posted the fastest WR speeds so far in Senior Bowl practices. As far as my other guy of note, disappointed in Iosivas so far, speed wise, and a drop in the EZ in 11v11.

Tank Dell at 5083 / 163 makes me nervous.

Interesting Trey Palmer looks like a Draft Steal what's not to like. Jim I know he's on the light side but Tank Dell will be uncoverable on the next level on his moves alone. Tank Dell can eat as much junk food as he wants he has room for it. I am really liking this WR class a lot of good players who will be available on Day 2 and Three. I hope we do our homework and Double dip.

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back