PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 WR/PTP Thread

Iosivas is a much better athlete than Chris Hogan, more explosive, faster and fluid. Probably a similar level of physicality as Chris Hogan and good hands too.

It's just hard to know if he can adapt to the step up in level. Really interesting prospect though.
If that's true, he's a must draft.

Could Charlie jones of purdue be the next meyers as a slot guy?

@BaconGrundleCandy hey buddy you know how I feel about J Hyatt what's your take on Cedric Tillman seems like he's not talked about as much?

@BaconGrundleCandy hey buddy you know how I feel about J Hyatt what's your take on Cedric Tillman seems like he's not talked about as much?
I've actually had him pretty high this year and last I believe?? Hes someone's I've gone back and forth on from a personal level but I respect the hell out his game.

I do think he has a clear or hard ceiling if you will but I like his game a lot. Reminds me of Devante Parker actually. Mean at the catch point with plus body control, hands/ball skills. Very low drop rate. Fights through press. Knows how to set up his routes for the most part. Knows how to stack when he gets a step. I think he's got a ceiling but perfect for teams like GB, Indy, we like big WR. I could see Buffalo or Miami going after him. Or one of the others I mention grabbing him RD3.

I've actually had him pretty high this year and last I believe?? Hes someone's I've gone back and forth on from a personal level but I respect the hell out his game.

I do think he has a clear or hard ceiling if you will but I like his game a lot. Reminds me of Devante Parker actually. Mean at the catch point with plus body control, hands/ball skills. Very low drop rate. Fights through press. Knows how to set up his routes for the most part. Knows how to stack when he gets a step. I think he's got a ceiling but perfect for teams like GB, Indy, we like big WR. I could see Buffalo or Miami going after him. Or one of the others I mention grabbing him RD3.
Thanks I really love the dept of this current WR class because Quentin Johnston is talked about a lot buy I am not impressed by him. I know we have been unlucky with Big WR's but Tillman - Rice - Mingo - Palmer and Hutchinson should all be tempting.

I think right now he's much better than the Parker we currently have I mean Miami wasn't even fazed by Trading him inside the division that should tell ya!

Thanks I really love the dept of this current WR class because Quentin Johnston is talked about a lot buy I am not impressed by him. I know we have been unlucky with Big WR's but Tillman - Rice - Mingo - Palmer and Hutchinson should all be tempting.
Really? Johnston is a bit of a hot topic but I like him a lot. I would definitely be concerned about anyone we drafted bc we don't have the best record in terms of development but I think he'll be a good one.

I'm putting out a rough top 100-150 list in a few mins. It'll surely change with athletic testing but I'm in the right city. Just need to find houses for everyone.

Really? Johnston is a bit of a hot topic but I like him a lot. I would definitely be concerned about anyone we drafted bc we don't have the best record in terms of development but I think he'll be a good one.

I'm putting out a rough top 100-150 list in a few mins. It'll surely change with athletic testing but I'm in the right city. Just need to find houses for everyone.
Eagerly waiting would love to see where you slot Addison - Hyatt - Dell - Mims and Palmer.:)
Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

@BaconGrundleCandy Brother we know Zay Flowers and Tank Dell tore it up in the shrine. Two guys who looked really impressive at the Senior Bowl were Stanford's Michael Wilson and Michigan State's Jayden Reed. I heard someone said Michael Wilson reminds them of Davante Adams yeah that's serious what a value he would be in the Second or Third Round. The word on the street is Jayden Reed is very impressive and might get overlooked he didn't play in a great Offense he has all the tools to succeed. Please what's your take on Both?

I would pump the brakes on the Davante Adams comparison.

I'm no expert but Michael Wilson seems pretty raw to me. His route running and his hands aren't the best and he's worryingly injury prone. I like the way he plays, but I wouldn't feel great taking him until the late rounds

@BaconGrundleCandy Brother we know Zay Flowers and Tank Dell tore it up in the shrine. Two guys who looked really impressive at the Senior Bowl were Stanford's Michael Wilson and Michigan State's Jayden Reed. I heard someone said Michael Wilson reminds them of Davante Adams yeah that's serious what a value he would be in the Second or Third Round. The word on the street is Jayden Reed is very impressive and might get overlooked he didn't play in a great Offense he has all the tools to succeed. Please what's your take on Both?
Man I would love Zay or Tank, both run really nice routes, create separation and can run after the catch.

The weight for Tank makes me nervous but man that dude can flat out play. The posters on here who like to talk about Thornton being skinny might explode if they drafted Tank Dell though.

Honestly, I don't know much about Reed or Wilson. After the Senior Bowl both guys show up on PFF's board into the top 100. PFF has them above a number of other receivers I really like with much better college production (Rice, Washington, AT Perry). I doubt the Pats will a draft a WR high enough to get one of the top tier guys, so I'm focused on the round 2-4 round receiver prospects. Reed and Wilson are guys I need to look into because it appears like they have joined that group.

Man I would love Zay or Tank, both run really nice routes, create separation and can run after the catch.

The weight for Tank makes me nervous but man that dude can flat out play. The posters on here who like to talk about Thornton being skinny might explode if they drafted Tank Dell though.

Honestly, I don't know much about Reed or Wilson. After the Senior Bowl both guys show up on PFF's board into the top 100. PFF has them above a number of other receivers I really like with much better college production (Rice, Washington, AT Perry). I doubt the Pats will a draft a WR high enough to get one of the top tier guys, so I'm focused on the round 2-4 round receiver prospects. Reed and Wilson are guys I need to look into because it appears like they have joined that group.
IF the Patriots' can Draft Boney Thornton they can draft Tank Dell who's a way better prospect coming out. I think both Zay and Tank are going to be Beasts: that said Josh Downs is not bad either.

AT Perry looks good nobody is talking about him much he really looks the part. Parker Washington's lower end reminds me of a RB I really like him reminds me of Edelman really tough! I think this is Deep WR Draft group with some Great value being available even on Day 3.

Adding Derius Davis's 10.94 (10.68 guessing hand time) to the HS 100m list. Supposedly ran a 46.86 400m per Tracking Football which is danngg good and indicates great speed endurance. Super small with short arms at 5'8.4" 168lbs during official Senior Bowl weigh-in - extremely similar to Tank. 5rec101yds in Champ game vs Georgia but had a huge fumble (EDIT: prob due to his tiny 7 5/8" hands). Highly likely UDFA, which makes me question why I'm writing all this.

Can roughly confirm that the speed below (23.47mph as a ball carrier) is plausible given observable factors. That being said, I'm having a hard time believing it, because it'd be faster than any NFL ball carrier since NextGenStats started doing their thing in 2016. Reel Analytics has his top speed at 22.7mph on another play, which is more plausible but still insanely fast and would be 5th all time for NextGenStats behind just Tyreek and Mostert taking the top 4 spots.

I like how Kalon Barnes (10.22 100m) was the only guy who could legitimately catch him in one of the highlights:

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back