PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 CB/PTP Thread

Says the guy who's only right with is hindsight predictions.

Jack Jones and Jon Jones are #2 caliber Outside Corners. Marcus Jones lined up outside in college as much as he lined up in the slot.
Do they need ANOTHER outside corner? YES.

For you to say what we have "sucks" is pathetically asinine. It shows that your level of football competence is that of Pee Wee Level and nothing more.
Whoa, whoa, let's keep this civil; we are all on the same team, right?

20/20 hindsight is a time honored tradition here and a heck of a lot of fun.

As far a CB suck-a-tude, this is a relative issue. Unless you have a backfield full of Sauce Gardners, WR are going to get open now and then. Do they suck? No, not in my opinion but it is just an opinion and no need to get the hackles up.

So I think that the Patriots CBs are very good, but then why are they shopping for another? I suspect that they want to dump Jack Jones.

Whoa, whoa, let's keep this civil; we are all on the same team, right?
I agree. DaBruinz stepped over the line. But Cap’n Stone is oblivious. He’s got him on mute.

I wonder if some of the guys could have a post-draft group chat. Could we pair the two of them along with Bacon and Over the Sea, etc? Jollity would ensue.

I agree. DaBruinz stepped over the line. But Cap’n Stone is oblivious. He’s got him on mute.

I wonder if some of the guys could have a post-draft group chat. Could we pair the two of them along with Bacon and Over the Sea, etc? Jollity would ensue.

Haha. Who is Over the Sea? Like Over the Hill? Haha. Group chat with Bacon and the Captain? That would be fine. Bruinz told me he wants to group chat with Fred and you. ;-). Best to avoid Ochmed after Addison is passed over by the Pats. Too funny.

Just calm down everyone. Remember that football is just a game and this forum is a game within a game. No need to get steamed up or be rude. Let's be civil; we are all Patriots fan and, sure, I understand that some of us are very passionate about this team (ask me about BBs first two picks in the 2019 draft), but there is no need for insults.

Yep... And in this case, ignorance is indeed bliss. FDB!

Listen and listen well. Capt has been spewing his BS vulgar garbage for weeks on end with nothing happening to him. Claiming I went over the line is complete HorseS**t. There are PLENTY of people who can post about not liking moves without being complete and total Jacka***es the way Capt does..

DJ Turner has monster athletic traits

He is our second round pick in Todd McDay’s recent mock.

But how does he have such itty bitty arms? Only 30.25.

If both he and a longer CB like Forbes or Brents are also available, whom do you pick (assuming we did OT or WR in the first round)?
I think another 5'9 fast guy isn't what the team needs. If the Pats are going to prioritize corner I'd like a big physical press corner. If they are going to try to add another small quick guy then they should be able to get that done in the 3rd-4th round rather than the first two.

I think another 5'9 fast guy isn't what the team needs. If the Pats are going to prioritize corner I'd like a big physical press corner. If they are going to try to add another small quick guy then they should be able to get that done in the 3rd-4th round rather than the first two.

I see DJ Turner listed as 5'11'', but what really stands out is his 4.29 40 time, better than any other CBs or even WRs. I just do not see how he lasts to round 2 (I can't see Seattle passing on this guy); remember that teams are dying for CB help. Showy WRs are dime a dozen, but shutdown CBs are like hen's teeth (although I don't know if Turner is a shutdown CB).

This is our second time meeting with Forbes. If selected Bill is putting together a dangerous secondary that'll live and die on TO's and big plays. Marcus and Jack aren't the biggest guys and Forbes is 170 soaking wet. They're all big time play makers though.

I see DJ Turner listed as 5'11'', but what really stands out is his 4.29 40 time, better than any other CBs or even WRs. I just do not see how he lasts to round 2 (I can't see Seattle passing on this guy); remember that teams are dying for CB help. Showy WRs are dime a dozen, but shutdown CBs are like hen's teeth (although I don't know if Turner is a shutdown CB).
Damn I’m not sure why I thought he was 5’9 I could have sworn I saw him listed that somewhere.

That changes my opinion on him. The cb class seems to be pretty deep. I do really love Witherspoon, Porter and Gonzalez but it might pay to wait on the position.

Damn I’m not sure why I thought he was 5’9 I could have sworn I saw him listed that somewhere.

That changes my opinion on him. The cb class seems to be pretty deep. I do really love Witherspoon, Porter and Gonzalez but it might pay to wait on the position.

Turner and Forbes are both great prospects but not very heavy. 5'11" 178 lbs and 6'1" 166lbs. Tall enough but hard to see them tackling someone like Rham.

This is our second time meeting with Forbes. If selected Bill is putting together a dangerous secondary that'll live and die on TO's and big plays. Marcus and Jack aren't the biggest guys and Forbes is 170 soaking wet. They're all big time play makers though.

How does the secondary tackle a big RB with Forbes and Jack Jones back there?

Would you consider Maryland's Deonte Banks in the mid-20s after a trade-down or two?

We have to wait for Witherspoon tomorrow and if he runs sub-4.4, it will be a decision over my head. Witherspoon's tape is great.

Having said that, trading down and taking Banks seems to be a winning move to me. The Pats might be considering moving down to take Flowers and then moving up to take Forbes. Tough to pass on two guys for the price of one, unless the one is a Sauce Gardner.

Yes, the CB class is deep enough where a trade down is sensible...although I can just see it now....the Patriots trade down from 14 (almost a given) and have a white-knuckle wait as there is a run on CBs. It is pretty certain that there will be an early run on CBs; as I have said before CBs are the second most valuable commodity in the draft and I expect that the run will start early; hopefully the Patriots do not get too cute with the tradewons and get their guy.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back