PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2021 WR/PTP Thread

If Bourne is going to play the “x” and agular plays the “z”, then we need a game changer for the slot.

the two best that will be left on the board after waddle is taken are toney of Florida and Moore of ole miss.

if bb trades down into the early 20’s of the first round, either of these guys will be dynamite in our offense.

If Bourne is going to play the “x” and agular plays the “z”, then we need a game changer for the slot.

the two best that will be left on the board after waddle is taken are toney of Florida and Moore of ole miss.

if bb trades down into the early 20’s of the first round, either of these guys will be dynamite in our offense.
Where's Meyers?

Where's Meyers?

Meyers needs to show that he be be productive at outside receiver positions, because Bourne (& Agholor) will be on the field > 75% to justify his (& their) overly generous contracts, and Bill really, Really needs to draft At Least One WR here as well, so...Meyers should still be part of the '21 offense; how much a part of it will depend on his talent...His desire is unquestioned...

Great slot receivers since bb got here:

brown - 8th round pick
Welder - UDFA
Edelman - 7th round pick

Does bb spend a day 1 or 2 pick on a slot receiver this year?

Great slot receivers since bb got here:

brown - 8th round pick
Welder - UDFA
Edelman - 7th round pick

Does bb spend a day 1 or 2 pick on a slot receiver this year?

A Slot-only WR? Maybe not...A day 3 pick? Yeah I can see that...

This past season Alabama had two difficult wins. Ole miss and Florida. When you look at those games, Alabama struggled with the smaller slot guys that those teams possess.

should bb invest early draft capital into getting one of these slot guys? They are both playmakers and incredible with the ball in their hands.

This past season Alabama had two difficult wins. Ole miss and Florida. When you look at those games, Alabama struggled with the smaller slot guys that those teams possess.

should bb invest early draft capital into getting one of these slot guys? They are both playmakers and incredible with the ball in their hands.
Are Bourne and Meyers not primarily slot WR, I know they have versality, but if they Excel in the slot more i would rather try to get a wide out esp with the 2 TE we can attack the MOF in lot of different ways but who is our wideout besides Agholor and Harry ? ( if Meyers and Bourne are mainly used in the slot (

Are Bourne and Meyers not primarily slot WR, I know they have versality, but if they Excel in the slot more i would rather try to get a wide out esp with the 2 TE we can attack the MOF in lot of different ways but who is our wideout besides Agholor and Harry ? ( if Meyers and Bourne are mainly used in the slot (

Yep, same reason why I'm leaning toward a WR with definite outside experience & production as our first pick for that position...If one of the big 3 isn't taken with our 1st-rounder, then I'll be looking for Elijah Moore or Tylan Wallace in the 2nd round...Dyami Brown, Amon-Ra St Brown & maybe Amari Rodgers in the 3rd...

Yep, same reason why I'm leaning toward a WR with definite outside experience & production as our first pick for that position...If one of the big 3 isn't taken with our 1st-rounder, then I'll be looking for Elijah Moore or Tylan Wallace in the 2nd round...Dyami Brown, Amon-Ra St Brown & maybe Amari Rodgers in the 3rd...
No on St Brown. Yes on Brown and Rogers.

The best x or z receiver after chase, waddle and smith is Marshall of lsu. Although he did take about 30 percent of his snaps from the slot.

Seems like there are so many kids, relatives playing, coming up.

The Patriots just spent a ton of $$ on WRs and TEs. And if Meyers started all 16 games he would have put up 1200 yards. There is no way NKeal Harry plays over these guys and it doesn't make sense to draft a WR high given other bigger needs on the roster (defense). Guys getting the most snaps are probably some combination of Henry, Smith, Agholar, Meyers, Bourne. Harris out of the backfield. That already leaves 1 guy out when you add in the OLine and QB.

Maybe one day we could draft a Toney, that guy is electric with the ball in his hands insane YAC and separation

our WRs are so boring and slow. No nose for the end zone

Maybe one day we could draft a Toney, that guy is electric with the ball in his hands insane YAC and separation

our WRs are so boring and slow. No nose for the end zone

Im hoping for Jahan Dotson out of penn state. The guy looks almost unstoppable at times and always makes plays.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back