PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2021 WR/PTP Thread

If J'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle are all available when we pick. Who do you go for?
Chase is the top, depends on Waddle's health, but he's more complete than Smith

If J'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle are all available when we pick. Who do you go for?
If Waddle is healthy, him, easy. We might be able to get an Olave, E Smith, S Smith or someone else who can be a D-Smith-lite.

waddle is the most sudden player in college football but chase is probably the first wide receiver off the board.

waddle is the most sudden player in college football but chase is probably the first wide receiver off the board.
Last few years top speedsters have come off first I believe, Brown & Ruggs?

John Ross comes to mind too, Tavon Austin too
Yup, teams have probably overvalued it to an extent. If Waddle is healthy he's WR1. Too tempting to pass up in today's game. If he somehow falls to the mid-teens every team in the league should be interested. Imagine him on KC or Seattle?

Remember waddle has never had a 1,000 yard season and he does not have that many big plays.

chase has tons of both and smith from Alabama has the most I’ve ever seen!

Wallace of Oklahoma state, depending on how he runs, could be a guy that would fit in our defense. Seems to run nice routes and gets open.

in addition, Moore, the ole miss receiver, could be our next great slot receiver. Man, is he dynamic,

Wallace of Oklahoma state, depending on how he runs, could be a guy that would fit in our defense. Seems to run nice routes and gets open.

in addition, Moore, the ole miss receiver, could be our next great slot receiver. Man, is he dynamic,
Another good WR class it seems

not really is and it does include Ross of Clemson, who got hurt and will miss this year. He is a big time talent.
You don't think it's a good class?

Remember waddle has never had a 1,000 yard season and he does not have that many big plays.

chase has tons of both and smith from Alabama has the most I’ve ever seen!

I disagree with you to an extent. I think waddles upside is huge but he was behind jeudy, Ruggs, and smith in regards to playing time. I think if he puts it together he can be the best of the group. As for smith, he’s my favorite bama receiver. The guys route running is almost effortless and he can outrun most defenders. I would love him on the pats.

Really think Amon-Ra St. Brown would flourish here...But I also said that about Jeremy Gallon and Braxton Berrios (and AJ Brown), so take that FWIW

Strong hands, decent athleticism, great blocker

Also like Terry from (formely) FSU and and Romney if they come out too

I disagree with you to an extent. I think waddles upside is huge but he was behind jeudy, Ruggs, and smith in regards to playing time. I think if he puts it together he can be the best of the group. As for smith, he’s my favorite bama receiver. The guys route running is almost effortless and he can outrun most defenders. I would love him on the pats.

do you really take a guy in the first 15 picks of the draft and “hope, he puts it together”?

I think waddle is the most sudden guy in this draft and he should be a stud, but because there is risk that never happens for him because he never did it in college. GM’s have to weigh that into their decision making,

with our win today against Arizona, waddle should be off the board by the time we pick. However, we still have a shot at smith. The question is will bb draft a 165 pound receiver in round 1?

Darden of north Texas is a smaller guy with incredible short area quickness. He just passed 1,000 yards on the season in 5 games.

bb loves smaller guys that are lightening quick!

I have 5 wide receivers with first round grades:

chase of LSU - based on the 2019 tape, he is the best wide receiver in this draft hands down.

waddle of Alabama - the most sudden player in college football. Would love to see him in a patriots uniform.

smith of Alabama - pure playmaker. Only about 170 pounds, but he is a touchdown/first down machine.

Marshall of LSU - lines up outside and in the slot and makes plays everywhere.

Moore of Purdue - only 5’9”, but he is so quick in and out of cuts and changes direction on the fly. The next great patriots slot receiver?

I could not argue to bb taking any of these guys at 16, but would hope he trades back in the first round for Marshall or Moore!

I have 5 wide receivers with first round grades:

chase of LSU - based on the 2019 tape, he is the best wide receiver in this draft hands down.

waddle of Alabama - the most sudden player in college football. Would love to see him in a patriots uniform.

smith of Alabama - pure playmaker. Only about 170 pounds, but he is a touchdown/first down machine.

Marshall of LSU - lines up outside and in the slot and makes plays everywhere.

Moore of Purdue - only 5’9”, but he is so quick in and out of cuts and changes direction on the fly. The next great patriots slot receiver?

I could not argue to bb taking any of these guys at 16, but would hope he trades back in the first round for Marshall or Moore!
Where do you have Bateman? Moore from Ole Miss may be up high too, although a bit raw

Obviously, I think Chase, Waddle, and Smith are going to be the definite top 3 taken/top tier

Elijah Moore would be great on this team. Learn from Jules next year and then break all Pats WR records. I just wish I knew who would be getting him the ball.
Watch the LSU/Ole Miss game this weekend. Moore will have a big day vs. a depleted secondary.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back