PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2020 TE/PTP Thread

Pinkney is hopefully available for us in the third round. Last year he was ranked as high as a second-rounder before his disastrous decline in production during his senior season at Vandy. New OC.

Last edited:
Don't know if I'd use even one of our 3rds on Pinkney right now...I'm really really hoping that Trautman or one of the Bryants is still available there.

I also like trautman , and maybe a combo/double dip of moss and deguera....excuse the spelling

Albert Okwuegbunam - Missouri = 3rd Round

Last edited:
Albert Okwuegbunam - Missouri = 3rd Round

Favorite TE in the draft. Just a mismatch nightmare for defenders. Big, fast, strong. Just a monster. He reminds me of a combo of Noah Fant (faster) & TJ Hockenson. If we can get him in the 3rd round and another one later in the 3rd round, this offense can be tough to stop. It was always at its most unstoppable the last 8-10 years when we had 2 TEs that can catch the ball. The Gronk/Hernandez years, 8 games of Gronk/Bennett.

Get Albert O and Trautman or some other TE who can catch the ball, and watch out.

Favorite TE in the draft. Just a mismatch nightmare for defenders. Big, fast, strong. Just a monster. He reminds me of a combo of Noah Fant (faster) & TJ Hockenson. If we can get him in the 3rd round and another one later in the 3rd round, this offense can be tough to stop. It was always at its most unstoppable the last 8-10 years when we had 2 TEs that can catch the ball. The Gronk/Hernandez years, 8 games of Gronk/Bennett.

Get Albert O and Trautman or some other TE who can catch the ball, and watch out.
Reminds me a little of Hernandez

Much Bigger than Hernandez, AND faster.

Crazy pro day for TE Eli Wolf from Georgia. Eye popping 40, ran a 4.43 (hand timed), 6.72 3 cone and 35 vertical at 6’4 1/2 245. Not known as a good TE prospect, they barely ever threw him the ball. Still crazy numbers nonetheless, very explosive numbers. I did notice him at the Senior Bowl. I think he caught more passes there than all season at Georgia.

Duplicate post

Besides that excellent 40-yard time, he didn't do anything else at the combine, and unfortunately his pro day was cancelled...I want to see a complete on-field workout before investing even a 3rd-rounder on him...Otherwise he's a Day 3 guy to me...

There are, according to Walter Football, some "character issues" with Okwuegbunam. Otherwise, they think he'd be a round 1-2 level prospect. That's a bit of a risk without a field general like Brady at QB, but there are numerous veterans with SB hardware and leadership skills to keep a rookie like him in check.

Of course, Belichick watches my posts closely and has never ever picked anybody I liked, ever. So Coach, whatever you do, do not pick Albert Okwuegbunam, okay?

There are, according to Walter Football, some "character issues" with Okwuegbunam. Otherwise, they think he'd be a round 1-2 level prospect. That's a bit of a risk without a field general like Brady at QB, but there are numerous veterans with SB hardware and leadership skills to keep a rookie like him in check.

Of course, Belichick watches my posts closely and has never ever picked anybody I liked, ever. So Coach, whatever you do, do not pick Albert Okwuegbunam, okay?

A cursory google search had me unable to find any other sources questioning his character, so I think Walter might be talking out of his ass like he tends to do sometimes.

A cursory google search had me unable to find any other sources questioning his character, so I think Walter might be talking out of his ass like he tends to do sometimes.
I don't think he has character issues such as off-field trouble (drugs, violence etc)...I think that some people just aren't sure about his commitment to football as a full-time job...We'll have enough problems fielding a competitive team next season without having to worry about motivating the players that are here...

I don't think he has character issues such as off-field trouble (drugs, violence etc)...I think that some people just aren't sure about his commitment to football as a full-time job...We'll have enough problems fielding a competitive team next season without having to worry about motivating the players that are here...

I did see some talk of effort/breezing by on talent, which probably wouldn't fly here. I've just always considered character and effort two different concerns, since you have guys like Antonio Brown who clearly have problems with the former but clearly don't have problems with the latter.

Interestingly, effort issues seem to be a much bigger dealbreaker to football operations than character issues.

Bryant might be my favorite prospect in this entire draft. Good blocker, with the athleticism to develop as a pass catcher. 2019 was an anomaly, the offensive identity of this team is run-first. A good blocker who is serviceable in the receiving game is what we need.
Yep, Harrison Bryant is my #3 TE behind Cole Kmet & Adam Trautman...If he's still on the board at 87 and the latter two are not, then I'm running to the podium with his name on it (unless WRs Michael Pittman & Chase Claypool are there too)...

@BaconGrundleCandy - What's your take on Dalton Keene of West Virginia?

I'm asking because of Doug Kyed's take here:

@BaconGrundleCandy - What's your take on Dalton Keene of West Virginia?

I'm asking because of Doug Kyed's take here:

Big time worker in everything he does. Excelled at almost everything he did just didn't get many opportunities. Blocking, lining up everywhere, effort always stood out like he really cares about every assignment.
Like his potential as a blocker. Kyed is just blowing smoke for clicks. I honestly doubt he watched either guy in college. I read the article, mostly general stuff.
I think Keene has potential as a blocker in space. Effort like a dog. Wants to move his man off the field. Undersized as a inline guy but the tools are there. Just needs a little more size and experience. Has to a little bigger to routinely play inline.

He'll need to show he has what it takes to get open outside of manufactured touches. Might be able to but he'll need to just gain experience doing it. Mostly used on simple leak routes where it's an easy get. Obviously has the speed & agility. Just needs to be able to show he can utilize them while coming off the line, slot, backfield.

He's familiar with lining up everywhere so hopefully that'll help. He's flashed body control and catch radius at times so it might be inside him.

Big time worker in everything he does. Excelled at almost everything he did just didn't get many opportunities. Blocking, lining up everywhere, effort always stood out like he really cares about every assignment.
Like his potential as a blocker. Kyed is just blowing smoke for clicks. I honestly doubt he watched either guy in college. I read the article, mostly general stuff.
I think Keene has potential as a blocker in space. Effort like a dog. Wants to move his man off the field. Undersized as a inline guy but the tools are there. Just needs a little more size and experience. Has to a little bigger to routinely play inline.

He'll need to show he has what it takes to get open outside of manufactured touches. Might be able to but he'll need to just gain experience doing it. Mostly used on simple leak routes where it's an easy get. Obviously has the speed & agility. Just needs to be able to show he can utilize them while coming off the line, slot, backfield.

He's familiar with lining up everywhere so hopefully that'll help. He's flashed body control and catch radius at times so it might be inside him.

Thanks.. I appreciate the insight.

Will BB go BPA or draft for need this year? Asking for a friend :cool:

If he trades back alot I think it will be for need...IMHO

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye