PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2020 IOL/PTP Thread

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
IOL/PTP

Tier 1

Tommy Kraemer 6'6/315 - Notre Dame

Ben Cleveland 6'6/335 - Georgia

Shane Lemieux 6'4/315 - Oregon

Logan Stenberg 6'6/320 - Kentucky

Steven Gonzalez 6'4\325 - PSU

Tier 2
Deonte Brown 6'4/345 - Alabama

Ben Bredeson 6'5/320 - Michigan

Jonah Jackson 6'4/305 - OSU

Solomon Kindley 6'4/335 - Georgia

Jack Anderson 6'5/320 -Texas Tech

Marcus Keyes 6'3/310 - OK ST

Gus Lavaka 6'4/350 - Oregon St

Tier 3
John Simpson 6'4/330 - Clemson

Navaughn Donaldson 6'6/340 - Miami

Marquell Harrell 6'3/310 - Auburn

Donnell Stanley 6'3/315 - South Carolina

Netane Muti 6'3/310 - Fresno St

Darryl Williams 6'2/310 - Miss St

Tre’Vour Wallace-Simms 6'5/330 -Missouri

Parker Braun 6'3/285 -Texas

Center

Tier 1
Tyler Biadasz 6'3/320 - Wisconsin

Creed Humphrey 6'5/325 - OK

Zach Shackleford 6'4/305 - Texas

Tier 2
Lloyd Cushenberry 6'4/310 - LSU

Jordan Johnson 6'2\320 - UCF

Jake Hanson 6'4/300 - Oregon

Tier 3
Cesar Ruiz 6'4/320 - Michigan

Kaleb Kim 6'4/300 - Auburn

Matt Hennessy 6'4/300 - Temple

Nick Harris 6"1/300 - Washington

Adam Holtorf 6'4/295 - Kansas St

Nick Buchanan 6'3/290 - Florida

Drake Jackson 6'2/305 - Kentucky

Last edited:
I started to get real upset you didn't have Biadasz, Humphrey, or Cushenberry in your first few tiers, and then I realized you had a separate list for center. :p

Also, Lemieux would kill it here.

I started to get real upset you didn't have Biadasz, Humphrey, or Cushenberry in your first few tiers, and then I realized you had a separate list for center. :p

Also, Lemieux would kill it here.
I have to say I saw Oregons OL coming last year. They just stood out every game I watched. Really interested in seeing Sewell grow. Big fan.

You like Hanson/Warmack?

Just been watching some of Georgia tape, their O-line is very very good.

Soloman Kindley man handles everyone, and when he sinks his hips and gets into that power position he doesn't move back, looks like a solid starter. Will keep looking at the Georgia Line because they just look dominant as well they all have very good technique

Just been watching some of Georgia tape, their O-line is very very good.

Soloman Kindley man handles everyone, and when he sinks his hips and gets into that power position he doesn't move back, looks like a solid starter. Will keep looking at the Georgia Line because they just look dominant as well they all have very good technique

The Georgia o line is the best in the country. If they are going to beat Alabama this year it is because they run the ball and keep tua on the sideline.

The left tackle from Georgia is the best o lineman in this draft.

Both guards have nfl futures.

Watched bredeson play a couple games this season.

he is a tough road grader that can move the pile. Super sound in a zone blocking scheme.

limited athletically, but worth a third round pick.

I didn't see this player for more than a quarter but I thought Ruiz, the Michigan center looked mobile, agile (for a OL) and finished his blocks. Anyone else have any thoughts on him.

Here's another center for consideration. Harris of Washington. Seemed to get all his assignments, quick feet.

Nice to see Stenberg tier 1. Big fan

Watched some Clemson games lately and they have a guard named Simpson,

he is an incredible run blocker. He had the flat back, bent knees, power and balance to put anybody in front of him on skates.

the pass blocking is really raw, but after seeing how Dante coached up the worse pass protector we have ever drafted, mason, I think he could get Simpson up to speed really quickly.

Keep an eye out for Ben Bartch OT St Johns (MN) DIII LT moving to OG 6'5" 290 has invite to Senior Bowl. He will be one to watch. If he has a good week he could catapult into day 2 like Ali Marpet (Hobart) did.

Thuney is breaking the bank. Weak class & not a big FA class.

Watch some tape of Darryl Williams of miss state. He is a devastating run blocker but needs technique work as a pass blocker.

well worth a third round pick.

For me the best OG in the draft is Kevin Dotson from Louisiana-Lafayette. He was an absolute beast during Shrine practices and is a monster in the run game. He is incredibly strong and can move anyone off the ball. If we want to establish the run this is the guy.

For me the best OG in the draft is Kevin Dotson from Louisiana-Lafayette. He was an absolute beast during Shrine practices and is a monster in the run game. He is incredibly strong and can move anyone off the ball. If we want to establish the run this is the guy.

He appears to be a bit of a waist bender, a little stiff, not a lot of lateral quickness in his game, can not sink his hips and anchor, but going straight ahead, he is a beast.

If Bill is patient - a really Really Big If - then he should be able to find a quality Guard, perhaps even one capable of starting at LG, beginning with his 3rd-round picks...no need to jump in any earlier than that...RT however might be a different story...

If Bill is patient - a really Really Big If - then he should be able to find a quality Guard, perhaps even one capable of starting at LG, beginning with his 3rd-round picks...no need to jump in any earlier than that...RT however might be a different story...

Yeah i think a third rounder should be fine for our guard, who can maybe also play as a center.
Regarding the RT situation i would like to get one OT in the later rounds for depth and Cannon competing with Cajuste.
I can also see us cutting Cannon and go for another mid round OT and use his money elsewhere (this is my favourite way because he is old, often injured and did not play well..)

The best interior offensive lineman in this draft is the kid from Georgia.

absolutely love his game and his tape.

Yodny

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back