PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2017 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Those feet, that stutter!
Check out @nicholasmcgee24's Tweet:

@MattHarmon_BYB's Tweet:

This is huge. His acceleration is too legit.
@dpbrugler's Tweet:

Henderson is the guy I'd want as an eventual Edelman replacement, I think. So fun to watch him play. I also really like Tawan Taylor. Those two are the most dynamic smaller guys I've watched this year.

@MattHarmon_BYB's Tweet: out

@MattHarmon_BYB's Tweet:

@TheJoeMarino's Tweet:

@WurthDraft's Tweet:

Check out @MattHarmon_BYB's Tweet:

C'mon ... I mean talk about Patriot-type!
From a rec aspect he looks just like Dallas Clark.

@JoshNorris's Tweet:

@WurthDraft's Tweet:

@RobDFB's Tweet:

@RobDFB's Tweet:

@RobDFB's Tweet:

Henderson is the guy I'd want as an eventual Edelman replacement, I think. So fun to watch him play. I also really like Tawan Taylor. Those two are the most dynamic smaller guys I've watched this year.

Every year we seem to have someone "in the cupboard" that fans haven't had a chance to see due to the quality ahead of them on the depth chart, but that are likely in the team's near term plans as the roster evolves. Butler, Flowers could be recent examples.

To your Edelman replacement point, I am really curious how DJ Foster will fit in the puzzle in 2018. Most of what I have read has assumed he'll fill the White role. But with a 6.75 3 cone, reportedly sure hands, and JE size, I find it intriguing to see if people think he can be a wild card of sorts... able to fill either role with 2017 being his paid internship providing evaluation for which position is his future as a Patriot.

Whaddayathink... might he be able to play that JE role? Or is he strictly the next gen White?

Every year we seem to have someone "in the cupboard" that fans haven't had a chance to see due to the quality ahead of them on the depth chart, but that are likely in the team's near term plans as the roster evolves. Butler, Flowers could be recent examples.

To your Edelman replacement point, I am really curious how DJ Foster will fit in the puzzle in 2018. Most of what I have read has assumed he'll fill the White role. But with a 6.75 3 cone, reportedly sure hands, and JE size, I find it intriguing to see if people think he can be a wild card of sorts... able to fill either role with 2017 being his paid internship providing evaluation for which position is his future as a Patriot.

Whaddayathink... might he be able to play that JE role? Or is he strictly the next gen White?

I'm a big Foster fan. I think he's best used as dual threat as evidenced in his college work.

Who knows tho. I few years in the pros, w/ the Pats could def work wonders as we've seen from Edelman.

Ditto!
Add Lombardi's statement that you can really evaluate college prospects against top competition .. and Henderson becomes just fun to watch..

I disagree about the comp. Quality of comp never bothered me.

I totally understand Bill's process tho. Last thing he wants to do is worry about is developing and integrating younger players on his team. Particularly a position that is dependent on Brady, who is in the exact same boat as him.

Np, you too!

Taywan Taylor, Henderson, Jay Guillermo, Nico Siragusa, Taco Charlton, Sidney Jones coming tomorrow.

Comp's

Hendo - Cross between Steve Smith and Corey Coleman

Sidney Jones - cross between A.J. Bouye and Kevin Johnson

All added except for Jones. Waiting for some good news.
Taco coming now. Don't think the board will love this one since I saw his name so much the past few weeks. Def not from his tape. Fwiw T.J. Watt is more Chandler Jones than Taco.

I'm a big Foster fan. I think he's best used as dual threat as evidenced in his college work.

Who knows tho. I few years in the pros, w/ the Pats could def work wonders as we've seen from Edelman.
Foster became a binky for me before the 2015 draft.

On of the things I liked about him (and James White) was above-average ball security.

Check out @JeffRatcliffe's Tweet:

@MyColtsAccount's Tweet:

@LedyardNFLDraft's Tweet:

@RobDFB's Tweet:

Im trying to get over the fact that we more than probably arent getting engram and then you post this... But in all seriousness i think engram can be as good a blocker as anybody in the class. If you look at his tape hes a very willing blocker when hes called upon. I dont think Im going to be able to get over it easily when hes drafted to another team.

Do you think Nico could move to Center? I'd like to see a little more mobility out of him, but he's a powerful kid with a little nasty to his game.

That'd be a tough move imo but interesting thought. My biggest concern there would be that Nico does get too tall at times which negate all that power. He needs some tweaking not a whole lot of changes. He'd be a force around 305-310 if he could pull it off.

Def hear on mobility. Biggest concern is playing in space and handling athleticism

I think Lamp could do it bc of his fluidity. He's probably never going to be a nasty mauler but hes so athletic and moves so well. I cant see him not being #1 OL on more than half the boards.

Foster became a binky for me before the 2015 draft.

On of the things I liked about him (and James White) was above-average ball security.

Him and Jon Jones were both binkies of mine. I really like Foster. I'm lower on White than most but the guy shut me this past year. Still think Foster can be a better version

That'd be a tough move imo but interesting thought. My biggest concern there would be that Nico does get too tall at times which negate all that power. He needs some tweaking not a whole lot of changes. He'd be a force around 305-310 if he could pull it off.

Def hear on mobility. Biggest concern is playing in space and handling athleticism

I think Lamp could do it bc of his fluidity. He's probably never going to be a nasty mauler but hes so athletic and moves so well. I cant see him not being #1 OL on more than half the boards.

I would love to have Lamp here at C. Interesting comparison to our own Thuney:

Height: 6045
Weight: 304
40 Yrd Dash: 4.95
20 Yrd Dash: 2.84
10 Yrd Dash: 1.71
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 28
Vertical Jump: 28 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.54
3-Cone Drill: 7.47

Height: 6036
Weight: 309
40 Yrd Dash: 5.00
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash:
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 34
Vertical Jump: 27 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.62
3-Cone Drill: 7.55

Im trying to get over the fact that we more than probably arent getting engram and then you post this... But in all seriousness i think engram can be as good a blocker as anybody in the class. If you look at his tape hes a very willing blocker when hes called upon. I dont think Im going to be able to get over it easily when hes drafted to another team.

You sound like a smart, good person!

I can't help but agree. Engram is one of if not my fav player in this class. The guy has drive and all the tools.

He's a better blocker than Hernandez, can go up and make that 50/50 catch circus catch, catch through contact, eats up yards, kills the seem, finds soft spots, match up problem.

Already beat NFL talent in Landon Collins, FSU secondary etc.

Heres what sells it for me. His worst game was probably LSU. They made it a point to shut him down. And they did a great job on him. They also used Adams, White and Becks to hit, cover, disrupt him. That tells me all I need to know about him.

In the pros he'll be matched up against 3rd-4th tier guys.

Good guy, hard worker that has NFL ready game and room to grow. Take that w/ a smile every time.

I would love to have Lamp here at C. Interesting comparison to our own Thuney:

Height: 6045
Weight: 304
40 Yrd Dash: 4.95
20 Yrd Dash: 2.84
10 Yrd Dash: 1.71
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 28
Vertical Jump: 28 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.54
3-Cone Drill: 7.47

Height: 6036
Weight: 309
40 Yrd Dash: 5.00
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash:
225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 27 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.62
3-Cone Drill: 7.55

Absolutely!

He's the kind of guy that could really put your oline over the top. He just scream Pats w/ his ability to play all over.

Him and Jon Jones were both binkies of mine. I really like Foster. I'm lower on White than most but the guy shut me this past year. Still think Foster can be a better version
I wonder how much of White's rushing improvement this year was due to having a more consistent OL with Scar coaching it.

I wonder how much of White's rushing improvement this year was due to having a more consistent OL with Scar coaching it.

Honestly I think it was a little of both. Def didn't hurt to have Dante back but it look like White got a kick in the ass in camp and responded. He def put in the work.

Again I think Foster could be electric

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back