PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best wishes to our Patriot friends from the Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
pherein, congrats to you and your Saints!!
Enjoy the party man. It doesn't get any better than this. :D

Thank you Saints for a great game and congrats on a great win! There was literally a standing "O" at my house from everyone at the end of the game!

WOW I don't think I enjoyed any non-Pats Super Bowl as much as I enjoyed that game and the Manning pick-six with everything on the line. All I can say is THANK YOU SAINTS and congratulations to the city of New Orleans.

The Saints did what the Cardinals, Seahawks, Bears, Ravens, amongst other teams in recent years couldn't do and actually make a non-super bowl season salvagable. The first time since '04 I came away from the Super Bowl not depressed!! And in back to back games the Saints forced Brett Favre and Peyton Manning into embarrassing plays that will be talked about FOREVER.

Aside from the Colston drop, the Saints were just perfect last night. Payton coached an amazing game, what a call with the onsides!! Superb playcalling in the 2nd half. Brees was flawless. The kicker has BALLS OF STEEL. Not only was he 3 for 3 but every kick was right down the middle. The defense gave up their yards but ultimately contained Manning and then Porter's play, one of the most clutch defensively plays in HISTORY! Even the punter was perfect on his 2 kicks and the onside. We all owe a certain debt of gratitude to the Saints, they had an awesome game last night. Great, exciting Super Bowl.

Yup... a great day to be a Patriots fan, a football fan, and God Bless them Saints!

Gonna have to get me a Saints jersey and wear it when I visit my friends in Indianapolis. They're Pats fans too, trapped in that horrid place.

Pherein:

Congrats! Great game. Great win.

I was beyond delighted with the outcome. The Front Page pictures this morning in the New York Times and Daily News of Porter running back the pick six with Peyton rolling on his butt in the background? Priceless beyond words!!!

I still don't get the mentality that schedules a parade "win or lose," but I'm ready to eat a big ol' bowl of crow gumbo for saying I thought the Colts would win.

Congrats to all Saints fans, to New Orleans, and to the state of Louisiana! It's the very first Super Bowl that my Patriots weren't in, that I actually was rooting hard for a team. I'll be in New Orleans in a few weeks. Mean time, enjoy the party!!! :)

Yaaaaaaahhhooooooo

sorry. I haven't posted were on our way to the big parade. All the phone lines have been busy in New Orleans for days, we are so happy and we want to share every minute with you guys, I'm so happy we didn't disapoint you guys. I'll try to get another message out after and post my pics.

We did it guys, thanks for the 13th man in NE

We did it , yes yes yes. All my best to you guys

yaaaahoooo

:D pherein, only the Saints and the city of N'Orleans could pull off a Super Bowl parade at night. :D

Just awesome!!! You ALL dat!!! :rocker:

Pherein, enjoy this, man! You and your city deserve it! Can't wait to see pics!

I know, I have been way overdue posting, 1 was because the phones literally were down because of the traffic until wensday and I only brought my iphone with me, and 2 because what I could get from your post I took to heart, and have been parting for 4 days,lol. I might need to find a clinc to detox.

Most of us still cant believe this actually happened and every time we think it might be true we check NFL.com or a newspaper and reread the article again to find out who won :)

How cool is this, I just cant say enough, how cool is this.

Its been so rough in the big easy for so long, and all we really had a belief in was that our boys would do there best. We are not the smarts of america and we had allot of problems before the storm hit, but that storm nearly killed this city, there was so much damage and no way to pay for it, and we are not a rich people or persons of great means, architects, engineers, scientist, or great business men, we mostly had small self owned shops. We are a city of culture,artist,chefs,entertainers, musicians, friendly, and believe in others and in the principles of southern hospitality.

The Saints pulled us together and gave us something to hope for, thou we all knew from our history, what Payton was trying to do was almost impossible.

I almost got physically ill when Hartley had to kick the field goal for the NFC Championship, because I was 99% positive he would miss, we have never been lucky at football, but it is a huge part of our culture, allot of good players came from the gulf states, but we never manage to field a great team of our own.

The revenue we will get from this win will help this city more than anyone can imagine, and basically solidified that our city will survive and rebuild faster. The extra people alone coming down for MG will put billions into the city.

But Im not really happy for us. I am so amazing happy that a good and decent man like Brees , and the boys that have done the better than right thing for N.O. , have achieved so much and can finally be proud of themselves. It was so perfect for them to be down by 10pts and never stop believing in themselves or us, and to put it on the line to get the win. Payton has learned from the best, Bill Belichick, “go for the win or get off the field”. Payton spent along time building this team after the Patriots model, and its really starting to work.

Sunday was one of the best days of my life because it was all of us , you N.E. and us believing that the Saints would win, and for the first time in our history... They Won!!!!

Im going to post pics and vids

Enjoy it man! Great win.

I had such a great time Disco, it was crazy, thanks

A couple of days ago, I expressed here the hope that you could experience what we did back in 2002 when Adam's kick sailed through. Well, it happened for you. Congratulations to you and every other NO fan everywhere. You all deserve it richly.

I remember Jackson, stuck in my head when we stopped PM in the last 1 minute, I fell to my knees and teared up like a teenage girl, until my wife pulled me of the floor and planted a big kiss on my cheek and whispered, “they did it, you won the Super Bowl”
You were right Jackson, I will never forget that moment.

Yeah Buddy, A flock of pigs just flew by and hell's getting a chilly draft.

Congratulations to The Saints and all their fans!

We enjoyed it as much as you did! :rocker:

lol, Pigs do fly, we did it!!!

Congrats Pherin........ Well done.

Patriot_in_NY thanks means allot, a heck of allot, love chattin, thanks again

Grats pherein and saints fans everywhere!

thanks BradyFTW! , can you believe it:) YES

Congrats to Breesus, The Saints, and all of the fans. :) Enjoy your superbowl win!!!

Who would have thought that Sean Payton's decision to rebuild the Saints based on the Patriots model would lead to a superbowl win in just a few years... well, other than the Pats fans. :) lol

Teenuh I guess you guys know something about football glad Payton was smart enough to copy a brilliant model so we could get our first win. We owe allot to BB for blazing the trail we followed. I hope we can keep up the consistent franchise BB has built and get a chance to meet next year, thanks man

Enjoy pherin! Well deserved and a great victory for NO.

That pick 6 was one of those plays I'll never forget.

Was that the coolest pick ever, my jersey is 22 porters, I brought it 8 months ago I knew he was good, he picked Favre and PM at the end, what are the odds, thanks we are having a ball down here. Everyone was placing there hand or kissing my jersey as I walked the streets because no one had #22.

Pats fans were Saints fans tonight and many of us could not be happier for you guys to win.

Drew Brees is a great quarterback and a class act.

and Saints fans thank Pats fans for there support this day, we needed you and you came threw.
We are all so happy for Brees, so few times does a nice guy get his due in this world, sweet.

Pherein! Woot!

We've seen three of these here in New England, we enjoyed them all. You guys have been starving for this one.

Enjoy it. Enjoy it. Soak it all in. It doesn't get any better than this.

WOOT T_Brady !!! can you believe it.

Man cant tell you how much I have loved having you guys down here or allowing me to debate on here, Im soaking in every second I can, been an amazing season, and met allot of amazing people on here. Patriots just bleed good football and good people, been a pleasure, and no you cant have Lance Moore in the FA,lol

Pherein, my friend. I know you're on cloud 7, and we're celebrating just one row behind you. Heckuva job. 31-17!!! You OWNDED the Dolts. You earned it. Enjoy every minute of it. Tonight, everyone on this board is a Saints fan. Geaux Saints!!! :rocker:

Cloud 10 and counting MC :) Loved the fact that you supported us. So happy. Im so glad the boys played there game and didn't give up. Loved our chats , cant wait till next year when we can both party together again for the SB, we know you guys will be there :)

Tonight we are all Saints, and tonight the Saints are champions!!

Yaaahooo, thanks Patjew , we got a ring.... yes

Absolutely delighted for the Saints and for the city of New Orleans. Everybody that went there in the wake of the Katrina disaster really deserve this.

Pherein I am delighted for you.

eagle eye nothing but gratitude, we have had some great chats and this means allot that you understand us so well. Thanks from the heart man

Great job Saints. That was a hell of a game. I haven't enjoyed a Super Bowl like this since 2004. You saved the world from Peyton Manning. Congratulations.

That was a good one, I dont think anyone short or maybe you guys or N.O. thought we were ok being 10 pts behind, good times, yaaahoo. thanks TC

I don't know if Pherin is a drinker or not, but can you imagine how hammered he should be right now? I pray we can get back there, but there's nothing like the first one.

lol, Patjew, IM FROM NEW ORLEANS, lol . We our professional drinkers, to our credit so not many are hammered by the games end, just the younglings. It was incredible.

Will be in NOLA for Mardi Gras, a really great event has somehow gotten better... great day for NOLA..

Hey Darryl Bress will be on the main float so leave by 10am and get a place on canal st. thanks

pherein, congrats to you and your Saints!!
Enjoy the party man. It doesn't get any better than this. :D

thanks RhodyPatriot you were dead on , we had a ball. Ill post some pics

Grats Saints! I was rooting for you guys 100%!

Thanks jarnhestur , we wanted you guys , but happy we could wip the colts:)

Thank you Saints for a great game and congrats on a great win! There was literally a standing "O" at my house from everyone at the end of the game!

Hey PatsDeb, that is so frinkin cool, glad the boys didn't disappoint, and more glad you guys believed and had a good time. YES YES, how cool is this:)

WOW I don't think I enjoyed any non-Pats Super Bowl as much as I enjoyed that game and the Manning pick-six with everything on the line. All I can say is THANK YOU SAINTS and congratulations to the city of New Orleans.

The Saints did what the Cardinals, Seahawks, Bears, Ravens, amongst other teams in recent years couldn't do and actually make a non-super bowl season salvagable. The first time since '04 I came away from the Super Bowl not depressed!! And in back to back games the Saints forced Brett Favre and Peyton Manning into embarrassing plays that will be talked about FOREVER.

Aside from the Colston drop, the Saints were just perfect last night. Payton coached an amazing game, what a call with the onsides!! Superb playcalling in the 2nd half. Brees was flawless. The kicker has BALLS OF STEEL. Not only was he 3 for 3 but every kick was right down the middle. The defense gave up their yards but ultimately contained Manning and then Porter's play, one of the most clutch defensively plays in HISTORY! Even the punter was perfect on his 2 kicks and the onside. We all owe a certain debt of gratitude to the Saints, they had an awesome game last night. Great, exciting Super Bowl.

PATSYLICIOUS we learned from the best :) and thanks. You know we are coming for you next year in the SB. I know with your great fan base and BB you will be there. That was a fun game huh.

Yup... a great day to be a Patriots fan, a football fan, and God Bless them Saints!

Gonna have to get me a Saints jersey and wear it when I visit my friends in Indianapolis. They're Pats fans too, trapped in that horrid place.

Wear #22 Gwedd that will really piss them off

Pherein:

Congrats! Great game. Great win.

I was beyond delighted with the outcome. The Front Page pictures this morning in the New York Times and Daily News of Porter running back the pick six with Peyton rolling on his butt in the background? Priceless beyond words!!!

I still don't get the mentality that schedules a parade "win or lose," but I'm ready to eat a big ol' bowl of crow gumbo for saying I thought the Colts would win.

PatsFanSince74 did you know that PM, most say, gave porter the bird in the background, yikes.
I have a big plate of crow gumbo, I want to hear a yum yum yum post from you dude.

lol, we love the boys no matter, just amazing they did it. That pick was beyond words porter is much better than most think, sweet play on his part.

Congrats to all Saints fans, to New Orleans, and to the state of Louisiana! It's the very first Super Bowl that my Patriots weren't in, that I actually was rooting hard for a team. I'll be in New Orleans in a few weeks. Mean time, enjoy the party!!! :)

Bostonian wear your patriots jersey, we remember and respect you guys for the true football nature of your fans and the amazingly good people you were when we played. You will get allot of respect and it will open some good conversations, you might get a free drink also, which is the main reason.

:D pherein, only the Saints and the city of N'Orleans could pull off a Super Bowl parade at night.

Just awesome!!! You ALL dat!!! :rocker:

RhodyPatriot Im going to post some, ya we do have some things we do well,lol. 400,000-500,000 peaple were there at 9:30 pm. We do know how to party

Pherein, enjoy this, man! You and your city deserve it! Can't wait to see pics!

Bella*chick thanks its been an experience I can tell my kids about for years to come 20,0000 met the boys at the airport, its going to be crazy down in N.O. for months. This is so cool

Congragulations to you Pherein, and the Siants. The Saints aint the aints No more they're the Champs. :rocker:

You guys knocking off Manning and the Dolts made my year. I like a lot of others here almost felt like we won.

Last edited:
New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Victory Parade- Sean Payton's Float
YouTube - New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Victory Parade- Sean Payton's Float
Parade
Yfrog - s7o - Uploaded by ChaseDaniel

Saints Superbowl Victory Celebration
Saints Superbowl Victory Celebration on Vimeo

Drew Brees and son Baylen after winning SuperBowl XLIV
YouTube - {2-7-2010} Drew Brees and son Baylen after winning SuperBowl XLIV

Huge Crowds Swarm Float Carrying Brees, O-Line
YouTube - Huge Crowds Swarm Float Carrying Brees, O-Line

Saints Drew Brees Finally Reveals Words to Pre-Game Chant at lucy's club
YouTube - Saints Drew Brees Finally Reveals Words to Pre-Game Chant

Tracy Porter Game Winning Interception vs. Colts in Super Bowl 44, they say PM gave him the finger at :46 ,lol
YouTube - Tracy Porter Game Winning Interception vs. Colts in Super Bowl 44

Saints SUPERBOWL XLIV VICTORY CELEBRATION in NEW ORLEANS

YouTube - Saints SUPERBOWL XLIV VICTORY CELEBRATION in NEW ORLEANS

Congragulations to you Pherein, and the Siants. The Saints aint the aints No more they're the Champs. :rocker:

You guys knocking off Manning and the Dolts made my year. I like a lot of others here almost felt like we won.

thanks reflexblue , means allot to us that the 13th man was on our side. I think you did win sunday reflexblue, I think all of us did, it was about time something really good happened in this country and we are pretty humbled by all the support you guys have given us threw hard times, thanks this is for you also, we share this day with our N.E. fans

IMG_0631.jpg
IMG_0632.jpg
IMG_0633.jpg
IMG_0634.jpg
IMG_0635.jpg

I know some pics are not perfect, but then neither are we,lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick