PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Roethlisberger: Not Fair

Well I think the league is so driven by optics that after the Gronk late hit they felt that they had to hand out more suspensions for any hard hits that even came close to being on a defenseless player. So worried about public perception that they don't dare not suspend someone.

I am definitely watching the first Cinn-Pitt game next year, if only to see Burfict vs/ JuJu... JSS better keep his head on a swivel because you know that Vonteze is going to go after him.........
If vontez would have had his head on a swivel the wouldn’t have been decleated by a wr

No it doesn’t. It’s an article about rule changes AND points if emphasis. This is listed under points of emphasis.
Point of emphasis isn’t a rule change it a directive to look closer for it and call it more often.
It's an article written by the NFL Rules Committee and reflects a change in how they enforce rules in 2017.

Change in rule or point of emphasis. It's irrelevent.

05190f5fd4eb3b5464912e74c7895d3b573976-wm.jpg
C6mUde-VsAAPNoR.jpg

It's an article written by the NFL Rules Committee and reflects a change in how they enforce rules in 2017.

That article says the legal area for blind side blocks is below the neck area and above the waist. JSS should have aimed a little lower...but it still seemed like used his shoulder.

It’s not irrelevant at all.
The article is about 2 things.
Rule changes and points of emphasis.
They are 2 separate categories.
Did you even read it
The Competition Committee continues to emphasize the importance of sportsmanship and of taking improper techniques out of the game. In addition to enforcing unnecessary hits away from the play, game officials will strictly enforce existing rules, including:
Enforcing an EXISTING rule is not a rule change

That article says the legal area for blind side blocks is below the neck area and above the waist. JSS should have aimed a little lower...but it still seemed like used his shoulder.
But it wasn’t blindside. Jujus right shoulder hit burfict in the left chest basically in the 5.
That’s about as head on as it gets.
Basically juju is suspended because burfict wasn’t paying attention to what was happening on the football field and got himself jacked up

Last edited by a moderator:
But it wasn’t blindside. Jujus right shoulder hit burfict in the left chest basically in the 5.
Basically juju is suspended because burfict wasn’t paying attention to what was happening on the football field and got himself jacked up
Damn ... we did that to our own teammates in hockey practice to teach them to skate with their heads up.

Burfict is a moron.

I personally had no issue with JuJu's hit but the league modified the rule. He made contact with the helmet and it is what it is.

I do wonder if it would have only been a fine if he had not taunted. IMO that sealed his fate.

Ben does have an argument but I think a 2 game suspension for a 1st time offender like Gronk would have been excessive IMO but im a homer:p

I think you're right on the taunting contributing - when he appealed and explained the hit, that taunting kind of deflated his case.

It’s not irrelevant at all.
The article is about 2 things.
Rule changes and points of emphasis.
They are 2 separate categories.
Did you even read it

Enforcing an EXISTING rule is not a rule change
I did read it.

I think it's BS league semantics. That means they never enforced it now they are? You are buying that as a point of emphasis? As I said it's a change in how they call the play and how they punish players.

Last edited:
Gone without a trace:
espnjacked.jpg

Interesting how two of the most "upstandingly moral" folks associated with the NFL make this much noise, note to Ray Lewis and Roethlisberger keep your mouth shut anything you say is tainted and makes no sense.

Wonder how Roethlisberger would be viewed today in the current, "Me Two" phase of our society.. he is married and has children so he is "saved" from his wild and wanton ways.. or maybe it was the NFL mandated, "professional behavior evaluation" that helped him overcome his sexual predatory behavior against women..

Even a broken (analogue) clock is right twice a day. I'm afraid I agree with Ben on this one.

We have GIFs available. Said GIFs will loop a video over and over and over again to infinity. The Sun will enter its red giant phase and said GIF will still be looping over and over and over again. How, when we have such things available, can anyone in their right mind look at it and come up with a completely wrong conclusion?

badjuju.0.gif

The helmet to helmet contact is clearly incidental. There is clearly no intent to go high and to the head. He is clearly leading with his shoulder. These things are clear. Watch the GIF again. Watch it again if you need to. It's a big hit. A big block. Nothing more than that. The suspension is a joke. For those of you that need more convincing, here is a still frame...

grab-2017-12-04-22h36m23s73.png

I did read it.

I think it's BS league semantics. That means they never enforced it now they are? You are buying that as a point of emphasis? As I said it's a change in how they call the play and how they punish players.
No you said it was a rule change.
The rule was in effect before this year.

This touches on my thoughts about the situation: we cant trust NFL to apply a standard procedure because there isnt one...

Make it clear what is the punishement for X and start enforcing consistently, it aint that hard.

Also, if Gronk got a one game suspension, Juju should've got a fine at maximum IMO.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back