PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Roethlisberger is one of the more overrated QB's in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The trolls come out at night"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the hypocrites are being exposed hence why I made this thread. Joe Flacco had one of the greatest postseasons in NFL history and has proven himself consistently in the postseason over the years, yet Patriot fans call him "overrated." It is the hypocrisy of Patriot fans. They will call Flacco or Aaron Rodgers overrated but will get on their knees and make excuses for someone like Roethlisberger despite all of his shortcomings. Then they say his 2 rings make him legit but completely ignore Eli Manning who also has 2 rings(and BOTH came against New England on game winning drives led by Eli himself). It is pure hypocrisy. Ben has never been a threat to Tom. The media isn't a threat to make him one, his ring count isn't a threat, his legacy isn't a threat to Brady, and he has never beaten Brady in the playoffs and barley in the regular season. This is why fans like and respect him. If he was anything like those other QB's in terms of messing with the Patriots in any fashion, fans would despise him.

Actually the hypocrites are being exposed hence why I made this thread. Joe Flacco had one of the greatest postseasons in NFL history and has proven himself consistently in the postseason over the years, yet Patriot fans call him "overrated." It is the hypocrisy of Patriot fans. They will call Flacco or Aaron Rodgers overrated but will get on their knees and make excuses for someone like Roethlisberger despite all of his shortcomings. Then they say his 2 rings make him legit but completely ignore Eli Manning who also has 2 rings(and BOTH came against New England on game winning drives led by Eli himself). It is pure hypocrisy. Ben has never been a threat to Tom. The media isn't a threat to make him one, his ring count isn't a threat, his legacy isn't a threat to Brady, and he has never beaten Brady in the playoffs and barley in the regular season. This is why fans like and respect him. If he was anything like those other QB's in terms of messing with the Patriots in any fashion, fans would despise him.

You have no idea what I or most patriot fans think about these QB's, you know what a handful of posters on this site think and have lumped an entire fan base that exceeds the millions in with them. I've heard many posters give props to Flacco, some don't, some hate Big ben(many), some don't, many like Rodgers, many don't.

This is a weird thread...

Geez I thought I hated Ben. Sorry but you are way off base here. I would get into specifics but after hearing you claim that anybody rode Bettis in 2005 I'm not even going to bother. He ran for less than 400 yards that year.

I figured Patriot fans would come to the defense of the Fat Rapist. He never beat Brady in the playoffs nor is a threat to ever be a better QB than him. But Eli Manning has 2 SB rings as well and is called overrated? But you guys measure Fat Rapist by his ring count, so where does Eli count in this conversation? He has 2 rings and 2 game winning drives against Brady.

Douchebag ravens fan.

Ben is a guy who could potentially win three SBs. The guy is a beast and imo he's better than Peyton. I like Ben.

Brady, Rodgers and Ben are all beasts.

I know I'm going to be downvoted for this, but say we missed out on getting TB and got Big Ben instead... I would be estastic. He is one damn tough SOB. I really don't understand all the hate for him here.

I vote that this thread sucks. I hate the Squealers, but Rothlisberger is tough SOB and a great QB .

To the guy arguing for Joe Flacco, who raises skepticism in terms of his sincerity, look no further than this season. Ravens fans are shocked that Flacco had such a "down year" before the injury, when in fact his statistics show he is the same quarterback as always. Sure looks different having an 80-level QB rating guy when your defense is no longer carrying the team, doesn't it? And all those 10-7 "clutch" games from Flacco are now shown to be what they really are: poor performances.

Flacco has had some impressive playoff games including that magical run to the Super Bowl, one of the best streaks I've seen at the position. However, there is no way he's on Roethlisberger's level overall. Ben is a Hall of Fame quarterback.

I vote that this thread sucks. I hate the Squealers, but Rothlisberger is tough SOB and a great QB .
I think it's actually a real problem for him and the Steelers with how tough he has been because they haven't been afraid of letting him take hits and now he's older and the hits are taking their tole on him. I wonder if the same thing will eventually happen to cam newton. But Ben is also a rapist so screw him

To the guy arguing for Joe Flacco, who raises skepticism in terms of his sincerity, look no further than this season. Ravens fans are shocked that Flacco had such a "down year" before the injury, when in fact his statistics show he is the same quarterback as always. Sure looks different having an 80-level QB rating guy when your defense is no longer carrying the team, doesn't it? And all those 10-7 "clutch" games from Flacco are now shown to be what they really are: poor performances.

Flacco has had some impressive playoff games including that magical run to the Super Bowl, one of the best streaks I've seen at the position. However, there is no way he's on Roethlisberger's level overall. Ben is a Hall of Fame quarterback.
It also doesn't help flacco that he doesn't have torrey Smith around to run into defensive players and get pi calls. :p

Joe Flacco's career passer rating: 84.7
Joe Flacco's career best passer rating: 93.6 (2010)
Joe Flacco's career TD%: 4.0
Joe Flacco's career INT%: 2.5
Joe Flacco's career TD%/INT% ratio: 1.6:1
Joe Flacco's career W/L record: 75-47-0
Joe Flacco's career W/L percentage: 61.5%
Joe Flacco's playoff W/L record: 10-5
6 playoff appearances in 8 seasons
1 SB win
1 SB appearance

Eli Manning's career passer rating: 83.5
Eli Manning's career best passer rating: 93.6 (2015)
Eli Manning's career TD%: 4.7
Eli Manning's career INT%: 3.2
Eli Manning's career TD%/INT% ratio: 1.47:1
Eli Manning's career W/L record: 97-86
Eli Manning's career W/L percentage: 53.0%
Eli Manning's playoff W/L record: 8-3
5 playoff appearances in 12 seasons
2 SB wins
2 SB appearances

Ben Roethisberger's career passer rating: 94.0
Ben Roethisberger's career best passer rating: 104.1 (2007)
Ben Roethisberger's career TD%: 5.0
Ben Roethisberger's career INT%: 2.7
Ben Roethisberger's career TD%/INT% ratio: 1.85:1
Ben Roethisberger's career W/L record: 113-56-0
Ben Roethisberger's career W/L percentage: 66.9%
Ben Roethisberger's playoff W/L record: 11-6 (10-5 prior to this season, 11-5 prior to this last game)
8 playoff appearances in 12 seasons
2 SB wins
3 SB appearances

Decisive edge to Roethlisberger, with Manning's numbers clearly being the least of the three. Let's move on.

After you get past the top 5 QB's in the league there is a tremendous drop off, not only in talent, but in football savvy.. clock management for most NFL teams is abysmal.

Roethlisburg is a guy who you might want on your team if we did not have #12... he is a tad dramatic and he does play hurt a lot..

The only thing I hate about Big Ben (the QB (not the douchebag of the field)) Is the thespian style injury drama.

I figured Patriot fans would come to the defense of the Fat Rapist. He never beat Brady in the playoffs nor is a threat to ever be a better QB than him. But Eli Manning has 2 SB rings as well and is called overrated? But you guys measure Fat Rapist by his ring count, so where does Eli count in this conversation? He has 2 rings and 2 game winning drives against Brady.

Manning had two great playoff runs, and deserves all the props he gets for those two runs, but outside of those two runs, he is just a better than average guy. And who would ever think to compare Eli to Brady either?

I like Ben, he is one of the toughest players to play the game at QB, remember back in the days when linebackers had trouble bringing him down?

I would consider him top 5 in the league.

You should probably stop before you're banned for being a troll.

I think BR can be a drama queen with his injuries sometimes, but I think he is most definitely one of the best QB's in the league and if Brady didn't exist I would be happy to have him, albeit not crazy about his off the field crap. He is a great QB.

Agree with those that say BR is somewhat of a drama queen. And I don't like the guy on a personal level (and I wonder how anyone can like him after his antics in the barroom bathroom a few years ago). And then of course there was his crying after the Patriots beat the a Steelers in Week 1.

But separating BR's personal issues with his play on the field, you gotta give him credit aa a top QB. Other than Brady, Rodgers and maybe Newton, what other QBs would the OP take over The Rape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots