PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's record without Brady since the Brady era began

he has? A steady QB? lol. You can win games with a "steady" QB, you have to have a special Qb to win for two decades and 6 titles. If the pats make the playoffs this year it will be the first year he has without Brady. So saying all he needs is that to win, well thats false based on actual facts.

Ok, Buccaneer fan. Upset that Mac Jones is making everyone in NE forget about Brady? Because I saw a lot of Jones jerseys in the crowd last night...

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
And he won the Super Bowl in 2001 and Brady was a game manager then and clearly not remotely close to the elite QB he is.

And Jones has the skill set that fits the Patriots system. Although Belichick would love Jones to be a Brady clone and be just as good, he didn't draft him because he thinks he cannot win without a HOF/ Top QB of all time. Any GM with brain knows you draft players who fit your system unless you want to revamp your entire system to fit that player. Belichick was never going to revamp his offense around his QB like Fields unless he was sure that he was going to be a HOF QB.
Bill didnt play a single snap. He drafted Jones becuase he was the most like Brady. lol The Pats offensive system changed almost weekly when Brady was here, it will need to get back to that again or superbowls will not come. You can compete that way, but you need your Qb to be special to consistently win in the NFL.

And he won the Super Bowl in 2001 and Brady was a game manager then and clearly not remotely close to the elite QB he is.

And Jones has the skill set that fits the Patriots system. Although Belichick would love Jones to be a Brady clone and be just as good, he didn't draft him because he thinks he cannot win without a HOF/ Top QB of all time. Any GM with brain knows you draft players who fit your system unless you want to revamp your entire system to fit that player. Belichick was never going to revamp his offense around his QB like Fields unless he was sure that he was going to be a HOF QB.
I agree. But Bill had Bledsoe and had no idea what Brady was until he saw him in 2000. It's not like he identified Brady as a QB that would play winning football. Brady was that player Bill built his system around him and his attributes. That is why he always says there is no other QB he would want other than Brady. He said it again this year prior to the Bucs game.

I will say this version of the Pats is really interesting. The D has really come on strong but the O is really inconsistent. The next hurdle will be to see if Mac can raise his game against the big boy teams and also be clutch. If he can, I think we can make some real noise but I don't want to jump the gun as the guy is just a rookie but the possibility is at least there.

Ok, Buccaneer fan. Upset that Mac Jones is making everyone in NE forget about Brady? Because I saw a lot of Jones jerseys in the crowd last night...
lol. Dont get upset becuase you had to throw out entire seasons to make Bills record look better. Jones is the QB of the patriots, I would hope they would sell jerseys. I hate to break some news to you, but real patritos fans will never forget about Brady, but then again, you are not a pats fan, you are a brady hater troll. so that is the difference.

These comparisons don’t mean anything when you cherry pick out things you don’t like. We are doing well now, let’s just be happy for that without picking and choosing what we want to count in our analysis.
Which is what I said. I said count it all, they only want to count the years they liked...2000, nope. cle years, nope, last year, nope...lol

I agree. But Bill had Bledsoe and had no idea what Brady was until he saw him in 2000. It's not like he identified Brady as a QB that would play winning football. Brady was that player Bill built his system around him and his attributes. That is why he always says there is no other QB he would want other than Brady. He said it again this year prior to the Bucs game.

I will say this version of the Pats is really interesting. The D has really come on strong but the O is really inconsistent. The next hurdle will be to see if Mac can raise his game against the big boy teams and also be clutch. If he can, I think we can make some real noise but I don't want to jump the gun as the guy is just a rookie but the possibility is at least there.
That is the key...the Defense is pretty much doing its thing, at some point the other team will not be enept and be missing a lot of their stars and we will have to beat them anyway. The defense is very special this year, but we will at some point need more consistency from the offense.

My undying hope is we get the Chiefs early in the playoffs and beat them. Can you imagine Mahomes (and Nick Wright) after losing twice to Brady then losing to the Pats with a rookie? Glorious. LOL

Which is what I said. I said count it all, they only want to count the years they liked...2000, nope. cle years, nope, last year, nope...lol

Bill would have won 3-4 rings with Peyton, Drew, Rodgers, etc. at QB.

My undying hope is we get the Chiefs early in the playoffs and beat them. Can you imagine Mahomes (and Nick Wright) after losing twice to Brady then losing to the Pats with a rookie? Glorious. LOL
Nick Wright will never recover from last year, not sure it could be worse.

Rob Rob Rob.......never leave the front door open and let the Gronkateers swarm in uninvited. These type of infestations are near impossible to eradicate.
Note: they're not unfamiliar with the back door either so secure that entry port as well.

Last edited:
I didnt make it out to be any number. I said a lot of the stars that were on the team in the early superbowls were already here. I never said a word about Bill being anything, you said that, I am just giving facts. If you have to throw out full seasons to make him look better go ahead, I do not really care about the stupid Bill vs Brady argument. No I will say Bill cannot win any superbowls without Cassel. I will say this, whoever the coach was for KC when cassel went there must be pretty good because Cassel took them to the playoffs and couldnt take a 16-0 super team.

But no, I didnt say what Bill would have or what he is or anything like that, you did. I am giving actual reality things. You are the one that is tossing out entire seasons that Bill was head coach of the pats. lol. I am for counting everything, you are not. You seem to be the one with the agenda. I am not the one throwing out seasons.

By the way, players that were on the 2000 pats when Brady didnt play and were also on the superbowl 2001 pats when he did...

Kevin Faulk
Troy Brown
Patrick Pass
Wiggins
Milloy
Bruschi
Law
McGinnist
Adam V

I would say yeah those players were pretty important to the 2001 patriots that were on the team before Bill.

First, Jermaine Wiggins only played 4 games with the Pats in 2000. He was Jet for 11 the games in 2000. And during the regular season of 2001, he had 14 receptions for 133 yards and 4 TDs. He wasn't key player that year or ever. He was key player on that one last drive in the Super Bowl. That's it.

Second, Pass was a seventh round rookie in 2000 who spent part of year on the practice squad. And 2001, Patrick Pass did nothing. Patrick Pass wasn't a real contributor to this team until 2004.

Again, you are talking a hand full of players who were on the 2000 team and the 2001 team. Just because some of them are key players, doesn't change that Belichick had to add a lot of players who fit his system.

I was being sarcastic about Cassel. Cassel was a late round pick thrusted into the starting role and still was able to win 11 game which in almost any year is enough to go to the playoffs. It was a fluke that year that it wasn't.

Nick Wright will never recover from last year, not sure it could be worse.
It definitely would be if the Pats beat his Chiefs this year. Would be even better if the game was in KC again.

Reactions: sb1
The problem with this "comparing W/L records analysis" pretends like the only data we have is the W/L record.

I, for example, like everyone else here, watched the 350 or so games Belichick coached since 2001. Like really watched them: like every minute of every game, intently, sometimes more than once.

Bill is a really good coach.

Sure, but the Belichick haters want to go back to 1993 and use what he did back then against him now to say how he is overrated.

lol. Dont get upset becuase you had to throw out entire seasons to make Bills record look better. Jones is the QB of the patriots, I would hope they would sell jerseys. I hate to break some news to you, but real patritos fans will never forget about Brady, but then again, you are not a pats fan, you are a brady hater troll. so that is the difference.

No, I don't hate Brady when it relates to the Patriots. I only hate Bradyites like you who aren't happy that the Pats have found a good thing in Mac Jones, so keep holding onto your Tommy who's going to retire sooner than you think.

6 Lombardi’s, 9 Conference Championships, 318 wins-167 losses = GOAT

The actual numbers, not the cherry picked numbers the trolls try to use. You know, trolls like you.
Yeah except Brady was QB on a lot of that, maybe you didnt follow the conversation....it was with and without Brady at QB. Read the op's post, then follow along in the post. Trolling is when you post things to get a rise. I am not, I am posting along with the what the subject was and some of you do not like that. Now either follow along with the original post, or go cry about it somewher else. Also, my God put your big boy pants on, this kind of stuff should not shake you up.

Because then he have to admit that he’s only not counting the years that undermine his point. Say what you want, but counting everything in the sample size is more compelling than subjectively picking and choosing what you want to count (that happens to be in your arguments favor)

Sure, but the Belichick haters want to go back to 1993 and use what he did back then against him now to say how he is overrated.
No, I just used what he did on the pats, which is what your post that you started was, well except you threw up 18 games for some reason.

Rob Rob Rob.......never leave the front door open and let the Gronkateers swarm in uninvited. These type of infestations are near impossible to eradicate.
Note: they're not unfamiliar with back door either so secure that entry port as well.

Sorry, the last week was so good without them here in full force. But I thought it was an interesting stat. I forgot it would bring the anti-Belichick bunch in here to say that Belichick went 5-11 in 1995 which shows you that he isn't that good.

Because then he have to admit that he’s only not counting the years that undermine his point. Say what you want, but counting everything in the sample size is more compelling than subjectively picking and choosing what you want to count (that happens to be in your arguments favor)
Well that was my point. I am not throwing out any years. In fact I hate the stupid comparison of a coach and a player, but alas some pats fans think there has to be that over and over so that is why this post was made, so he could show I guess that if he does not count 18 games he can make a better point for his argument.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back