PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's record when facing elite, ultra talented offenses in the playoffs, will blow your mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the greatest gameplans ever. If not the greatest.

Can I get the game scores for the 5-0 record cited in the OP, along with the regular season scoring average of those playoff opponents? @Joey007

Please? :D

Last edited:
That 2004 Divisional game against the Colts was a thing of beauty.

Manning set the record for most TDs in a season.

The colts were the first team to have THREE wide receivers each with 1,000 yards and 10 TDs.

Who would be covering these elite receivers while an MVP quarterback was throwing them the ball?

That's right, 2nd year man Asante Samuel, undrafted rookie Randall Gay, and TROY BROWN!!!!!!

....and they gave up THREE POINTS! I mean, that's just unbelievable.
Well, you have to take into account the QB and his record of post-season sucking.

Can I get the game scores for the 5-0 record cited in the OP, along with the regular season scoring average of those playoff opponents?

Please? :D

Scoring avergaes not sure. Ill give the scores a shot though. Rams 20-17 .Texans 42 or 43-28. Eagles 24-21. Colts 20-3. Steelers scored 17 just not sure if we had 24 or 21

Edit scoring avergaes

04 colts 32.6
01 steelers 22.0
01 rams 31.4
04 Eagles 24.1 (thought this would be higher)
12 texans 26.0

Last edited:
What's weird is for some odd reason, I felt the HOU game would be a rather close/ "competitive" (for HOU standards) game, but I am getting this funny feeling a blowout is brewing for PIT. Between Brady's subpar game vs HOU, the sloppiness of the team in general, BB's ability to have the team focused, Tomlin's comments, Brady's history vs PIT, THE MEDIA discrediting Brady & the DEF & a SB berth on the line this just feels like Patriots Territory.

As I've been saying for the past few days...

This is EXACTLY what we want!!!:D

One way to hold down Bell is to keep him sitting, and I suspect one aspect of the game plan will be running north-south negating Shazier's speed. Blount and Lewis need to keep Bell off the field. Success at running would also help Andrews and Thuney in pass protection. Easy to say of course.

What's weird is for some odd reason, I felt the HOU game would be a rather close/ "competitive" (for HOU standards) game, but I am getting this funny feeling a blowout is brewing for PIT. Between Brady's subpar game vs HOU, the sloppiness of the team in general, BB's ability to have the team focused, Tomlin's comments, Brady's history vs PIT, THE MEDIA discrediting Brady & the DEF & a SB berth on the line this just feels like Patriots Territory.

Same. I think we'll stifle them better than KC did and Brady and the offense will come out looking sharp.

Double digit win.

One way to hold down Bell is to keep him sitting, and I suspect one aspect of the game plan will be running north-south negating Shazier's speed. Blount and Lewis need to keep Bell off the field. Success at running would also help Andrews and Thuney in pass protection. Easy to say of course.

Shouldnt be too difficult against Pittsburgh run defense. But our run game has been inconsistant

I cant believe Kordell Stewart is in this discussion.

He was brutal.

I'm done being respectful and humble with that crappy fan base, horrible coaching staff and the mouthy players.

Time to lay down the truth.

Pats 38 Squealers 17

its possible all those team didnt have great defenses.

It's all about the warm Gatorade, Belicheat is nothing without it.

I know this a BB thread, but this DEF feels disrespected (we know they haven't faced Murderer's Row of QBs). However, they will be out for blood with a point to prove. Lookin' forward to it!

If you look at any of the years we haven't won the Super Bowl, who did we lose to in the playoffs? I think every time it was a team with a real good defense. Some might look at that '06 Colts loss in the AFCCG and say it was a shootout, but that team actually had a pretty good D with Bob Sanders and Dwight Freeney and the like. The Patriots do very very well against teams with great offenses but just ok defenses. Those Ravens teams of old used to cause us fits because they were dang good, same with that 2010 Jets team. I mean those were really tough, physical defenses. Also in those 2009-2013 years our defense was pretty darn average to below average even. If Brady was limited or stopped completely, we almost had no shot. Our defense is capable of getting stops and can slow down some of those big names on other teams. The media can fawn over Bell, Brown, Rodgers and Ryan but name the last team to win the Super Bowl that didn't at least have a pretty good defense? Bet you can't do it. Defense truly does win championships and you can't win the SB without one. We have the best overall team in the NFL and that's a fact. QBs don't win Super Bowls. TEAMS do! Go Pats! (I'm very confident we can finish the job, the only way we don't is by beating ourselves. I really like our chances this year!)

If you look at any of the years we haven't won the Super Bowl, who did we lose to in the playoffs? I think every time it was a team with a real good defense. Some might look at that '06 Colts loss in the AFCCG and say it was a shootout, but that team actually had a pretty good D with Bob Sanders and Dwight Freeney and the like. The Patriots do very very well against teams with great offenses but just ok defenses. Those Ravens teams of old used to cause us fits because they were dang good, same with that 2010 Jets team. I mean those were really tough, physical defenses. Also in those 2009-2013 years our defense was pretty darn average to below average even. If Brady was limited or stopped completely, we almost had no shot. Our defense is capable of getting stops and can slow down some of those big names on other teams. The media can fawn over Bell, Brown, Rodgers and Ryan but name the last team to win the Super Bowl that didn't at least have a pretty good defense? Bet you can't do it. Defense truly does win championships and you can't win the SB without one. We have the best overall team in the NFL and that's a fact. QBs don't win Super Bowls. TEAMS do! Go Pats! (I'm very confident we can finish the job, the only way we don't is by beating ourselves. I really like our chances this year!)
Thats why Im hoping for Atlanta in the Super Bowl, I think BB can shut their O down, but lets get past Pitt first.

Not only that, but from 2010-2013, we were in a pretty extensive rebuild mode. A lot of us were impressed with the ability of the Pats to make the Super Bowl in 2011 with a team that was still trying to rebuild its defense.

Hey did your ratings buttons dissapear, mine dont show up, its Kinda just a blank thing, I can use them just not see what I am clicking
Mine are still here, at least from what I can tell. That's weird.

Hey did your ratings buttons dissapear, mine dont show up, its Kinda just a blank thing, I can use them just not see what I am clicking

Log out and try to log back in.

It could also be your browser.

@Ian might have some suggestions as well

Is this working for you? Was testing some things earlier, but shouldn't have affected those...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye