PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's 'prove it' time table.

Rodgers in NE would be a mess. Really think he'd fit in with Bill? No way. Not happening.

Rodgers in NE would be a mess. Really think he'd fit in with Bill? No way. Not happening.
The guy will crumble at the first critic

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I would like us to have a draft with nothing but offense one year. At the end of the day BB can scrap together a defense of udfa if he had to and make it work but you need talent on offense. Premium qb and te go a long way. Our rookie tight ends showed nothing and we are in limbo at qb. Aggressively attack those positions and see where the chips fall.

I am not convinced Rodgers is going to get cut or traded. But if this is the list of teams he might get traded to, the Pats have a good shot at getting him since Green Bay may want to trade him out of conference to avoid letting him go coming back to bite them for the playoffs.

Jeezus Christ...
Did I ruin your day? Like Tom Brady, they've always dreamed of playing for SF. The opportunity is there now and there's a relationship with Shanahan/LaFluer. NE may not going to be high on his list, especially when the GOAT just bailed on him. Just being realistic.

Rodgers is also a guy who gets snarky to the media about his Coaches or even to their face.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I'm beginning to wonder if some of these people miss the feeling of exhilaration of winning so much that they just want to feel something...anything...and decided to go with misery.

Not sure how I'd feel about it. Great talent. Potential locker room cancer.
They need to read..Screenshot_20210124-201100.png

Last edited:

Short term it could work. I look at it like Corey Dillon. Dillon came here and worked out great short term because he was motivated to rehab his reputation. Rodgers could come here and for a year or two work hard and be a good soldier to prove to Green Bay they were wrong to let him go. But guys with bad attitudes usually fall back to old ways eventually though.

I look at it like Corey Dillon. Dillon came here and worked out great short term because he was motivated to rehab his reputation.
That was overblown. He just hated playing for a terrible organization and made it public. In today's NFL, it's normal. Bengals thought he had lost a step, had Rudi Johnson, so they finally traded him.

If the league has as many QB's being available as it looks right now, the Pats will have no excuse for not fielding a better field general than what Cam was this year. You have possibly Stafford, Rodgers, Watson, and Prescott all being available. Then you have the fallout from those guys going to new teams. Darnold available, JG, Trubisky? Not to mention the guys available in the draft.

My ideal situation would be JG becoming available and heading back to Gilette. Then drafting a Mac, or Trask, maybe even Newman to groom if the scouts feel they have "it".

Did I ruin your day? Like Tom Brady, they've always dreamed of playing for SF. The opportunity is there now and there's a relationship with Shanahan/LaFluer. NE may not going to be high on his list, especially when the GOAT just bailed on him. Just being realistic.

Rodgers is also a guy who gets snarky to the media about his Coaches or even to their face.

Nah, it's the internet. I'll forget about this when I log off. Nothing personal. But I'll call out BS hawt taeks out when I see them.

I agree that Rodgers is a bad fit for the reasons you cite, but New England a "graveyard of QBs"? Because the corpse of Cam Newton didn't succeed? That is a taek lacking perspective. The Jest? Yeah. Jax? Yep. Washington? Quite possibly. New England? I'd call it overreacting to an off year, and not at all realistic. But there's a group of about a dozen posters here that are losing their minds over a 7-9 record.

It's difficult to reason with people who think like that...and many here have wasted more time trying than I care to...hence a two-word snarky reply.

If he doesn’t draft well (QB and all offense), and use the huge amount cap space on offense (and some defense, not much), it won’t matter how good a coach he is. We are going nowhere.

Sign defenders who are good against the run, and the defense will be good again. Pats were 7th in points against, and 8th best against the pass, but 7th worst against the run.

but New England a "graveyard of QBs"? Because the corpse of Cam Newton didn't succeed?
A lot of people on here didn't think Brady had anything left last year. What I mean by "graveyard" is that the QB doesn't have much to succeed. Cam is just terrible.

If the league has as many QB's being available as it looks right now, the Pats will have no excuse for not fielding a better field general than what Cam was this year. You have possibly Stafford, Rodgers, Watson, and Prescott all being available. Then you have the fallout from those guys going to new teams. Darnold available, JG, Trubisky? Not to mention the guys available in the draft.

My ideal situation would be JG becoming available and heading back to Gilette. Then drafting a Mac, or Trask, maybe even Newman to groom if the scouts feel they have "it".

I hope so. There's cap room and a lot of opportunity to upgrade. With competent QB play this year, maybe we close out a few of those games where we had the ball in opposing territory, a first down, with a chance to win it in the fourth quarter. Maybe we even get to 10-6.

JG seems a little injury prone, but I'm not as down on him as some others. I think he could succeed here, provided he stays healthy.

That was overblown. He just hated playing for a terrible organization and made it public. In today's NFL, it's normal. Bengals thought he had lost a step, had Rudi Johnson, so they finally traded him.

Use Randy Moss. Or Bryan Cox. There are plenty of players, not just with the Patriots, who get uncermonously dumped by their team in part because of their reputation and then go somewhere else and turn around their attitude at least for a short term. Dillon was one of those guys and he ended up shooting his way out of town in New England too.

A lot of people on here didn't think Brady had anything left last year. What I mean by "graveyard" is that the QB doesn't have much to succeed. Cam is just terrible.

Given the cap, I don't think anyone here has any idea how the talent positions will look. Could be great. Could be terrible. I'd be disappointed if there wasn't a significant upgrade at the WR position somewhere...more shocked than disappointed actually.

Dillon was one of those guys and he ended up shooting his way out of town in New England too.
He was just in denial he had fallen off a cliff and Laurence Maroney was drafted to take over. It was shocking how bad he looked in 2005 after his stellar season in 2004. The run he had in the 2006 AFCCG where he broke loose but had to concede out of bounds to defenders behind him due to him running out of gas was painful to watch.

Randy Moss flat out dogged it and fooled the Raiders organization he was "done".

Bill is the GOAT coach, nothing will change that unless a new coach takes the league by storm. Maybe Sean McVay since he's not even 40?

Bill the GM might be losing his touch, that's a different discussion altogether and a valid one to have.

Bb the coach was doing well in Cleveland until bb the GM dumped the veteran qb there.

bb the coach’s first year in New England was spent sorting out the mess left over from Pete “the rete” Carroll.

bb the coach had a decent year in 2008 when Brady was rehabbing.

bb the coach spent 2020 paying for sins bb the general manager had accumulated over the past five years of trying to get as many rings as possible, 8 covid opt outs and 5 poor drafts by bb the GM!

there is no doubt in my mind that bb the coach is the goat!

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back