PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick: "We need more production offensively, period"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to think that not winning every game equals need more wide receivers.
Had we not been playing 3 rookie OL who should be inactive or at the end of the bench Sunday we win that game.
Wr is the one position most reverts by fans at least likely to influence winning and losing.
and you my friend are wrong for assuming that. I NEVER said that....what I am doing is addressing a big problem, AGAIN was a problem last year. You know that to be true because it was the topic from mid point to the end of the season; Brady and the receivers and who is going to replace Gronk...and I for one would not put everything that happen last year on the receivers as well.

also to further debunk your assumption. I never once discussed those "sexy" names that "those fans" discussed..."why dont we just get a OBJ, Julio Jones, AJ Green etc" in this thread. I am just looking for players who can produce...long for the days of a Deion Branch and David Givens.....

BB mentioned TE, this is a quote from that article:

“‘I think we probably had more production out of the tight end position in this game than we’ve had all year.’

That last part is both accurate and highly problematic for New England’s offense.

Ryan Izzo caught three passes on three targets for 38 yards against the Broncos, equaling his previous season total in the first category and nearly matching it in the third.”
I took that as BB rebutting whoever asked about the tight end production, not singling it out.

and you my friend are wrong for assuming that. I NEVER said that....what I am doing is addressing a big problem, AGAIN was a problem last year. You know that to be true because it was the topic from mid point to the end of the season; Brady and the receivers and who is going to replace Gronk...and I for one would not put everything that happen last year on the receivers as well.

also to further debunk your assumption. I never once discussed those "sexy" names that "those fans" discussed..."why dont we just get a OBJ, Julio Jones, AJ Green etc" in this thread. I am just looking for players who can produce...long for the days of a Deion Branch and David Givens.....
They drafted a receiver #1 last year and have brought in free agents. They drafted 2 TEs this year.
Get the OL healthy and the Qb playing the way he should be and WR isn’t really an issue.

No it isn't.

right! Not even close. On defense you had hall of famers Ty Law, Willie Mcginist in their primes. Pro Bowlers lawyer milloy, Tedie Bruschi, Mike Vraebel, in their primes. Super Stud Rookie Richard Seymour.

on offense you had an Emerging Brady, bledsoe, Troy Brown at his peak, antwan smith at his peak, David Patten a solid number 2, pro bowl Terry Glenn for a few games, very good O line, Wiggins better TE than anyone we have. Plus Vinatieri

right! Not even close. On defense you had hall of famers Ty Law, Willie Mcginist in their primes. Pro Bowlers lawyer milloy, Tedie Bruschi, Mike Vraebel, in their primes. Super Stud Rookie Richard Seymour.

on offense you had an Emerging Brady, bledsoe, Troy Brown at his peak, antwan smith at his peak, David Patten a solid number 2, pro bowl Terry Glenn for a few games, very good O line, Wiggins better TE than anyone we have. Plus Vinatieri
This defense is better, you simply have to look at the numbers the last 2 years.
Offensively Brady wasn’t brady yet but aside from him this years offense is better at almost every spot.

They drafted a receiver #1 last year and have brought in free agents. They drafted 2 TEs this year.
Get the OL healthy and the Qb playing the way he should be and WR isn’t really an issue.
Ha ha

And the wide out nor the 2 TEs have been productive....in fact we get Ryan Izzo w more playing time then the rookies...I dont even think one of them has ever seen the field yet and there weren't any Oline issues this year until this Denver game.

Last edited:
This team is more talented than the 2001 team he won a SB with. Why in the world would he coach a season not wanting to win?
That is absolutely insane. Aside from Gilmore and maybe Thuney I don't know if there is a single player on this team right now that starts over that 2001 group. That defense was loaded, the D-line was deep, the receiver group was much better than what we have now, and as pedestrian as Brady's numbers were he was better than Cam has looked this year.

i agree but you stop getting production out of your offensive "weapons" last year as well.

For similar team reasons (the OL flat out sucked and you had a QB that didn't want to be here anymore and actively froze out players making the defense's job easier). I remain unconvinced that this team would want to expend some kind of capital (cap, draft picks, etc) to go get a WR any better this year especially with the way they are set up longer term. BB teams have historically had "lesser" weapons at the skill positions overall, especially WR. The aberration was the Moss years when they couldn't win the big one even with that skill position upgrade.

It would take more than this current sample size and conditions to convince me (especially with All-22 footage dispelling the "never open" myth) that the WR upgrade is the panacea for this team.

Then draft well, get some good free agents, and don't let our star players, including the GOAT, walk out the door d%#*!@t! I am feeling really soured on the Pats this week.

Multiple good offenses have 40 TE catches so far. The Pats are dead last with only 6 total. This is a HUGE problem. McDaniels' has been terrible at developing TEs and WRs. Our only good TEs and WRs ever, were all developed by O'Brien and Weiss (Gronk, Edelman, Branch, Givens). Nobody since 2012 when McD came back. The 2011 St Louis Rams were also dead last in TE production and also 32nd (last) in offense points.
Broken record.

Then draft well, get some good free agents, and don't let our star players, including the GOAT, walk out the door d%#*!@t! I am feeling really soured on the Pats this week.
Brady left entirely by his own choice.

Bill knows the offense stinks. He said it publicly now let’s see something done about it. I think a trade or two is coming.

I will be honest, and pardon me for being pessimistic here, but I don't think Belichick ever wanted to content this year. I mean, we avoided talented players at all positions left and right in free agency like they are the plague for a reason, and it is not because he thinks Ryan Izzo can help him get to a superbowl. With all the talent exodus we had in free agency and covid opt out, add in the fact that we have, shall we say, not drafted particularly well the last few years, this team just doesn't have the talent needed to make a superbowl run. It just feels like Belichick's primary goal for the season is to do our best, force feed Michel/Harry/whatever other young players they have and hope they can grow, then try to compete next year.
If that was true Cam wouldn’t be here. They would have rolled with Stidham and let the chips fall where they may. He definitely wants to compete.

It’s a weird season and anything can happen. I’m not writing anyone off yet. Well maybe the Jets.

Ha ha

And the wide out nor the 2 TEs have been productive....in fact we get Ryan Izzo w more playing time then the rookies...I dont even think one of them has ever seen the field yet and there weren't any Oline issues this year until this Denver game.
The offense was fine in the first 3 games. In game 4 they had no qb in game 5 no OL.
Harry is catching close to as many passes this year as the wrs drafted in his class.
The TEs need time to develop. It’s not magic.

Brady left entirely by his own choice.

Bill knows the offense stinks. He said it publicly now let’s see something done about it. I think a trade or two is coming.
While he left by his own choice, he did so because they would not meet his reasonable demand two years ago that they sign him to a two year deal. They treated him "like every other player" and he deserved better, not to mention that they did not have a viable player at the position with which to replace him. Then, to top it all off, they still didn't upgrade our WR or TE positions, knowing those were horrible last year. Some trades better be coming.

While he left by his own choice, he did so because they would not meet his reasonable demand two years ago that they sign him to a two year deal. They treated him "like every other player" and he deserved better, not to mention that they did not have a viable player at the position with which to replace him. Then, to top it all off, they still didn't upgrade our WR or TE positions, knowing those were horrible last year. Some trades better be coming.

Brady would have been horrible in this offense...with a makeshift offensive line and no weapons, are you kidding? Tampa has everything he needs - a great defense and good playrs around him on offense. He doesn't have to carry that team on his back like he would have here...

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
It would take more than this current sample size and conditions to convince me (especially with All-22 footage dispelling the "never open" myth) that the WR upgrade is the panacea for this team.
I see you plan to "die on this hill" or you are one who would "go down with the ship" huh...

I mean according to those who feel this way, then I have no clue why anyone on here, on the radio, newspaper, Twitter, etc would even bring up the pats offensive issues...

We have all we need here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes