PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick "Cam Newton is our quarterback"

You might want to read up on my posts before commenting next time. The moment we picked Mac Jones I became a supporter of his. Before he was picked I vented but once he was the selection I have been nothing but complimentary towards him
Look, I did come off like an a**hole with my response and for that I apologize. We good?

Let’s just say i will be very surprised if newton plays all 16 games and Jones sits. I know bill respects newton but his best days are behind him. It’s the beginning of the mac jones era!!!!

If Mac Jones beats cam newton out, honestly that's a good sign that he's legit. Or it could be that cam newton is cooked.

Only thing is how many rookies have gotten to the playoffs? Let alone won a game.
This year is a mulligan, but I felt like that no matter what. Teams don't win jack **** when they've won the offseason Lombardi because it takes time to learn a system.

Short of a miracle, I don't think we're going to be potential division winners again until 2022.

Last edited:
Let’s just say i will be very surprised if newton plays all 16 games and Jones sits. I know bill respects newton but his best days are behind him. It’s the beginning of the mac jones era!!!!
Yeah me too, but now I'm feeling like, bring it, Cam - give us a good problem to have!

You go in thinking, with all the bobbing and weaving, we could go any direction... trade up, trade down, stand pat and draft a long snapper or something...You start thinking crap, we're rolling with Newton. Then you're like, we're not really, because (some Garopollo rumor)... then you think okay we're going to go with some other less sensational QB nobody's heard about but we swear to God he's even better than the big names and he also played lax at fresno state...

And the guy about 1/2 the board was predicting we'd get falls to us at 15, not one "penny" of future capital spent on him and bonus, that "top 10 money" thing doesn't come into it.

Of course, half of us are probably like "14 other teams passed on him before BB made the damn fool decision to draft him, you can tell he sucked by where he was available..."

I dunno, draft is like Christmas morning and that makes it especially important to me b/c I'm Jewish. Santa you fat antisemitic fxx... ok that is all

If Mac Jones beats cam newton out, honestly that's a good sign that he's legit. Or it could be that cam newton is cooked.

Only thing is how many rookies have gotten to the playoffs? Let alone won a game.
crap, didn't think about that. We should have drafted a second year pro :D

First day of the draft went well, hopefully it is that way today. Pick good players

Comments:

a.) I will have to see the schedule on May 12th before commenting on when *I think* Mac Jones will start a game. IMO, it likely will follow a BYE week.

b.) Cam likely is the week 1 starter, but if his arm/shoulder looks bad or he turns over the ball a lot....Mac will be starting sooner, IMO.

c.) Do we trade Stidham now? I would trade Stiddy and a 6th to move up in round 5 or something....then again if Cam breaks down...we would need a back up...but I hate having 3 QB's on the roster....prefer the depth elsewhere.

d.) It doesn't bother me that Jones will be compared to Fields...to me the equation is: Fields+2022 first rounder+fourth rounder+2021 fifth rounder > Mac Jones...and clearly the Patriots brass felt that Fields wasn't 1+4+5 better than Jones.
Twenty years ago, Michael Vick was the number one pick in the draft. Drew Brees was the second quarterback chosen at position 32. I think that the Pats may have gotten this year's Brees and the Bears ....?

Maybe Bill wants to be the first coach to win the Super Bowl with a rookie quarterback.
I don't think he differentiates after the "win the Super Bowl" part... but what do I know, I'm not telepathic

I would rather win 5 games with Mac Jones than win 8 or 9 with Newton. Watching Newton last year was like nails on a chalkboard....2020 was the most unenjoyable Pats season in a long time...there's no "there" there with ****ing Newton. We gave him a chance last year and he was God awful, put together one of the worst quarterback seasons in club history...this guy is done, forget it, he sucks and blows to quote everyone's favorite Tufts Jumbo radio talking head....

He really wanted to come to the Patriots. Just like Taylor Hall with the Bruins . That’s a good thing.

Dayyyyum. What he's telling very few people, is that he wants to be Jackie's and Galynn's favorite NFL player.

He didn't start until year 2 though, right?
He started the last 7 games rookie season and went 6-1 ... team was 4-5 before that.... they got to the playoffs

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back