PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick "Cam Newton is our quarterback"

are u like, mad or something we picked up jones? why do you seem less than thrilled?
It didn't take long for the feces flingers to show up, did it?

Talk about self-loathing...

Bill 100% respects Cam and his veteran leadership and work ethic. Cam is also no dummy and knows why Jones was selected. Bill isn't going to disrespect Cam to the media and say Jones is the guy. Jones has to earn it, just like everyone else.
All true, but Cam also takes up a roster spot and gets a $700k bonus each game he is on the roster. Cam too will have to earn his spot on the team.

He's on the Texans...

This is more about saying we're not handing the starting role to a guy who doesn't even know where the bathrooms are at Gillette stadium yet. Show confidence in Cam (who the other players love and respect), and let Mac Jones force your hand by proving himself on the practice field. It's as much about making him earn his teammates respect first as it is about his potential.

No, You have to move on. A lot of us were ready to roll with whoever we selected at QB. Sorry you missed out on Fields.
You might want to read up on my posts before commenting next time. The moment we picked Mac Jones I became a supporter of his. Before he was picked I vented but once he was the selection I have been nothing but complimentary towards him

People need to chill and watch what they say. This place is so toxic and negative that’s one of the reasons why I left. Even when I left the forum I still always checked the forum and the things people say to each other is mad blowing. Like ban worthy.

You can get your points across without the insults. Agree to disagree

People need to chill and watch what they say. This place is so toxic and negative that’s one of the reasons why I left. Even when I left the forum I still always checked the forum and the things people say to each other is mad blowing. Like ban worthy.

You can get your points across without the insults. Agree to disagree

What on earth are you talking about? This place has been almost completely de-balled. I mean, it's been taken to the point of embarrassment in that sense, and you're still complaining?

I quickly moved on and supported Mac Jones the moment he was picked. Even made a thread about him. Heck even said he might be a franchise player. I will say it again people need to move on or they can dwell on it, their choice.

I wanted Fields or Lance but what good does it do dwelling on what you can’t control. Bill picked Mac Jones. The End. Nothing we can do about it

Cam is the starter and if Mac Jones turns out to be a bust, you draft another QB. The key to finding a franchise QB is keeping drafting until you find one.

I am giving Mac Jones a chance to prove himself before I am out on him and label him a bust. Same goes to all 5 QBs

Cam is the starter and if Mac Jones turns out to be a bust, you draft another QB. The key to finding a franchise QB is keeping drafting until you find one.
I agree with that approach to the QB position. My real fear was that BB does not. He puts a value on each draft resource, and seems to value non-QBs pretty strongly relative to the importance many others put on that position. I think we can confirm that by BB not spending draft resources to move up like SF and CHI did. I'm just happy that events played out such that he didn't have to move up and he felt that Mac was worth the #15 pick. So much more exciting than having a season where Cam was our greatest hope.

I am giving Mac Jones a chance to prove himself before I am out on him and label him a bust. Same goes to all 5 QBs
My ecstatic mental state does not allow me to even contemplate using the b-word.

Rose colored glasses are firmly affixed till there is no choice but to take them off.

Please respect my child-like innocence for at least a little while.

Cam is paid as a vet back up.
Sure, but if they have 3 QBs on the roster and an injury means they need a vet OL/DL/LB/etc as backup, Cam could potentially be the odd man out if Mac moves above him on the depth chart.

He's more cuttable financially than Stid or Mac.

Not likely, but still a possibility.

I agree with that approach to the QB position. My real fear was that BB does not. He puts a value on each draft resource, and seems to value non-QBs pretty strongly relative to the importance many others put on that position. I think we can confirm that by BB not spending draft resources to move up like SF and CHI did. I'm just happy that events played out such that he didn't have to move up and he felt that Mac was worth the #15 pick. So much more exciting than having a season where Cam was our greatest hope.

My ecstatic mental state does not allow me to even contemplate using the b-word.

Rose colored glasses are firmly affixed till there is no choice but to take them off.

Please respect my child-like innocence for at least a little while.
Same here. I am not even contemplating the word bust. Mac Jones has to be a franchise player. He better be since we passed on fields

Same here. I am not even contemplating the word bust. Mac Jones has to be a franchise player. He better be since we passed on fields

They didn't pass on Fields. Fields was taken before they selected.

I know. I was referencing to the fact they didn’t trade up for him. The Patriots had the ammo to trade up to the 4-10 range to pick fields and chose not to. They just preferred Mac Jones. That’s ok

Makes sense. I doubt Bill wants to throw Mac Jones to the wolves his rookie year. He generally isn't that type of coach.

Now, alot depends on how Cam Newton looks in training camp and OTAs. If he's more 2018 cam newton than he's no doubt the QB. But if he's the guy we saw last year I think Mac Jones is starting

It was hilarious when this was asked. Belichick paused for 10 seconds. Smoke probably coming out of his ears. Of course, whoever is the best will play. I hope Mac ends up obsessively training in Foxboro for 18 hrs a day for the next 24 months and learns the playbook inside out and NFL opponent film inside and out.

I know. I was referencing to the fact they didn’t trade up for him. The Patriots had the ammo to trade up to the 4-10 range to pick fields and chose not to. They just preferred Mac Jones. That’s ok

Vehemently opposed to burning a second 1st round pick to move up a couple spots. 1st round picks are too valuable especially with the rookie wage scale.

Fair, if you make your judgement on the basis of getting Fields vs getting Jones plus whomever they pick with our first round pick next year, and potentially two others picked in the later rounds similar to what CHI paid to move up. Three lottery picks versus one..

The bears asked for too much to move up a couple of spots. It wasn’t worth it. Mac Jones is going to be good anyways.

I think it's fair to say that Fields and Jones will be compared until one provably separates from the other.

Now the Patriots should go get a Wr, CB, RB etc. More so a WR to help out Mac Jones. Are any of the Wr’s left on the board elite ?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back