PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick’s Trade Value.

There’s no bidding war. Bill will be able to pick where he goes. Bill holds all the cards.
If Belichick is still under contract with the Patriots, he doesn't quite hold all the cards.

If Belichick is still under contract with the Patriots, he doesn't quite hold all the cards.
Bottom line is you can’t trade him unless he agrees to it.

So in that sense he does hold all the cards. So if Kraft wants to get rid of Bill, Bill will either: 1) retire and get paid out his contract from Kraft or 2) go to a new team.

The issue for Kraft is if he fires Bill and Bill goes to a new team he gets no compensation for him. If he holds off firing Bill trying to get a good draft pick through a trade then he can’t put in the new GM/scouts until Bill’s new team agrees. That could drag out and Kraft will want the new people in place right away. I don’t think we’ll see a high pick. Maybe a 3rd or 4th

Bottom line is you can’t trade him unless he agrees to it.

So in that sense he does hold all the cards. So if Kraft wants to get rid of Bill, Bill will either: 1) retire and get paid out his contract from Kraft or 2) go to a new team.

The issue for Kraft is if he fires Bill and Bill goes to a new team he gets no compensation for him. If he holds off firing Bill trying to get a good draft pick through a trade then he can’t put in the new GM/scouts until Bill’s new team agrees. That could drag out and Kraft will want the new people in place right away. I don’t think we’ll see a high pick. Maybe a 3rd or 4th
All Kraft has to do to get rid of Bill is to fire him and pay him off. He can certainly afford to do that.

However, I think Bill and Bob are on the same page and things will work out the best for both of them if Bill is let go.

Whats BBs trade value?
To me? Nada.
To some clueless owner that has a decent roster with a chance for a run or an owner that's looking to increase the sale of tickets? The sky's the limit.

Whats BBs trade value?

Zero I would think.

I am sure the BB would only agree to go to a team that would give him full GM control with the final say in the draft and FA, but what owner in his right mind would agree to that? So I just don't see that happening.

Instead I see only a couple of options:

1) BB retires at the end of this season with full pomp and celebrations.

2) BB is stripped of his GM duties. I assume that most of you jabronies would take Bill's building keys away from him, disconnect his phone, and send him to Nantucket until June ;). Of course that would be undignified treatment for the GOAT coach but the Krafts might, behind the scenes, seriously decrease his GM responsibilities in a subtle, stealthy way.

Option 2 seems the most likely. Depending of what the Krafts have tried already. I am sure that they have already slapped his wrists a few times for his horrendous GM moves, and it does not seem to have worked. BB has not gotten the message. Stronger measures are needed.

Zero I would think.

I am sure the BB would only agree to go to a team that would give him full GM control with the final say in the draft and FA, but what owner in his right mind would agree to that? So I just don't see that happening.

Instead I see only a couple of options:

1) BB retires at the end of this season with full pomp and celebrations.

2) BB is stripped of his GM duties. I assume that most of you jabronies would take Bill's building keys away from him, disconnect his phone, and send him to Nantucket until June ;). Of course that would be undignified treatment for the GOAT coach but the Krafts might, behind the scenes, seriously decrease his GM responsibilities in a subtle, stealthy way.

Option 2 seems the most likely. Depending of what the Krafts have tried already. I am sure that they have already slapped his wrists a few times for his horrendous GM moves, and it does not seem to have worked. BB has not gotten the message. Stronger measures are needed.
Only thing with this is reputable sources with ties to the Pats are saying there is no chance Bill Is coach here next season.

Whats BBs trade value?
Not sure. We'll know in week 5 when future HOFer Zappe takes over Mac's job as starter. Week 5 is almost here you know.

Not sure. We'll know in week 5 when future HOFer Zappe takes over Mac's job as starter. Week 5 is almost here you know.
Until then...send in the clowns.

Until then...send in the clowns.
You mean we're going to celebrate the payoff for the smurf working so much harder than Mac in week 5? Sounds like a party. Can't wait!

Can we get a second rounder or late first rounder for bill . Chargers .we can take your first and trade our 3rd.

You mean we're going to celebrate the payoff for the smurf working so much harder than Mac in week 5? Sounds like a party. Can't wait!
What's Zappes trade value?

Only thing with this is reputable sources with ties to the Pats are saying there is no chance Bill Is coach here next season.

I will bet you a nickle that he is. But in some (secret) reduced capacity....of course I am just grasping at straws.

Can we get a second rounder or late first rounder for bill . Chargers .we can take your first and trade our 3rd.
Why would the Chargers give a 1st or 2nd?

If they want Bill and he agrees they either:

1) wait till Kraft fires Bill and get him for free
Or
2) drag out the process forcing Kraft to keep Bill and not implement his new GM/coach/scouting with reasonable time before the draft/new season

Bill will want his high draft picks for whatever team he goes to. He’ll tell the owner to wait Kraft out and force his hand. Kraft also has to look at how this looks as an organization. Will he really want a public fight with Bill or to get in bad relations with? or to get this done quickly so the Pats can reboot and start new.

I’m guessing a 3rd or 4th if Bill goes to another team

I think it’s wrong to assume Belichick is going to demand full control and GM duties on another team. That would be insane and I just don’t think Belichick is that delusional.

Why would the Chargers give a 1st or 2nd?

If they want Bill and he agrees they either:

1) wait till Kraft fires Bill and get him for free
Or
2) drag out the process forcing Kraft to keep Bill and not implement his new GM/coach/scouting with reasonable time before the draft/new season

Bill will want his high draft picks for whatever team he goes to. He’ll tell the owner to wait Kraft out and force his hand. Kraft also has to look at how this looks as an organization. Will he really want a public fight with Bill or to get in bad relations with? or to get this done quickly so the Pats can reboot and start new.

I’m guessing a 3rd or 4th if Bill goes to another team
It's my belief that the split will not be as adversarial as many here think. Both of these guys are beholden to each other and will work out a deal that makes everyone happy.

I'm not sure if Bill will want total control on a new team but I'm pretty sure he'll want to at least keep the title of HC to get credit for any wins in his chase to catch Shula.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back