PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears are now expressing interest in trade for Jimmy G

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt trade him in the afc east

Bledsoe was a different story. it was clear that Bill didn't think he was a great QB. That's why he was willing to trade within the division. Chicago getting into the bidding is great news. if they, and Cleveland, want Jimmy G really badly, that makes for a serious bidding war. The Pats (reportedly) have said that a 1st & a 4th is the starting point for bids that they'll consider. I could see the offers getting escalated quickly. We will have a number of needs -OT, LB, DB, TE depending on who we resign. A haul of high draft picks could really help us reload.

Send Jimmy to the NFC....I don't want any regrets what so ever !!

I could see a scenario where Belichick gets a 2
and a 4 this year and a 1 the following season. That would be BB being BB.

While I'd obviously love to see a top pick, and I really would enjoy #12/Gordon/return of Patriots 5th round pick, anything that allowed the Patriots to get back to the annual rollover of the 1st round pick would be cool.

Will BB do the unthinkable and keep Jimmy beyond this season and next? That would mean BB thinks he is the one.. we shall see.

Will BB do the unthinkable and keep Jimmy beyond this season and next? That would mean BB thinks he is the one.. we shall see.

I'm hoping the Pats keep him. I think he can play and we've all seen what happens to teams without a top tier QB, i.e. Jets, Dolphins, Bills. I really believe both BB and TB12 pack it in after next season.
BB because he'll be 65 and is on record as not wanting to be like Marv Levy and TB12 because his kids are growing up and I think he'll want to devote more time to them and I really suspect he wants to raise them in Cali. near his parents.

Unless the Bears are willing to give up their top five pick I don't want it. Time to win is now I don't want a future #1.

A nice, competitive bidding war would be very welcome.

Someone is going to go crazy. I can feel it!

Also I stand by the "any bid below 2000 draft points or enough to turn it into that is an automatic no" stance.

While I disagree with the 2000 point amount, it is a much more accurate way of expressing the value of a player than saying you want a first rd pick, which could be anything between
#1 and #32. I am around the 1200 range.

Chicago would be less of a punishment than Cleveland. I mean if we trade him we don't want to end his career right? :p
Actually i like the idea. I was wondering about Jimmy to Chicago few days back when some thread about where Jimmy would go emerged, but i saw that Cutler is signed trough 2020. Chicago drafted some interesting prospects in defense this year and i think that one of the Pats coaching/organization staff went there last year.
Better than 49s with rookie GM. I wont trade Jimmy in the AFC.
Chicago with good Oline, Eddie Royal good slot receiver, and maybe Marty B joins Garrappolo if pats wouldnt bid on him.

While I'd obviously love to see a top pick, and I really would enjoy #12/Gordon/return of Patriots 5th round pick, anything that allowed the Patriots to get back to the annual rollover of the 1st round pick would be cool.
This works for me too, but can Gordon even be traded if he's on the Reserve/Suspended list? Not to mention he's still on indefinite suspension, and solely Roger Goodell can lift it. If he's a member of the Patriots, would Goodell lift the suspension?

A bidding war is definitely interesting. To me, the best pick available is probably #12. Knowing how this team operates, #3 is probably too high to be of serious interest, unless there's a trade down scenario. Could potentially get Hooker(who I love) and would be in play for one of the top RBs as well. If you can come out of the first round with one of the OSU DBs/Barnett and come back and get McCaffrey at 32, that's a great draft.

I hope he goes to the bears if it comes down to the Browns and Bears, in Chicago he will have a real opportunity to excel, plus I'm sure the bears will be more competitive next year.

He is a good guy and he deserves a shot at success wherever he goes.

The Jets are out, period . There is no way Belichick would trade him there.
Another good reason to trade him is to be able to determine where he goes.

This works for me too, but can Gordon even be traded if he's on the Reserve/Suspended list? Not to mention he's still on indefinite suspension, and solely Roger Goodell can lift it. If he's a member of the Patriots, would Goodell lift the suspension?

I don't know. My position is a pipe dream. I just think it would be fun to see Brady with a group of WRs that had that sort of high end talent again.

Don't forget Houston. I think Houston is a dark horse. Jimmy has another year on his rookie deal, which makes Osweiller's cap money easier to swallow next season. Ultimately though, I think it will come down to Cleveland, SF, and the Bears. Two of those teams are in the NFC, and Cleveland isn't a threat to the Patriots at the top of the AFC. One thing about Houston that does give me pause, is that with a good QB they could be a problem. Thing is, BB did trade Bledsoe to the Bills, so he might not care if they meet his price.

It's funny that news popped up about the Bears interest. I was actually just thinking of the possibility of trading Jimmy to Chicago earlier this week. It makes sense and it would be cool to send Jimmy to the team he grew up rooting for. He'd be a perfect fit in Chicago and it would be nice to see the Bears become good again.

I would soooooooo much rather he play for his hometown then us sending him to the Browns ( though Cleveland has more draft capital to trade with)

Well, I think we can count on the Jets not getting him.

Whether he get traded will tell us about where Brissett is and what Brady will be up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST