PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears are now expressing interest in trade for Jimmy G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicago's the most logical choice. He's from there. Would they give up the 3rd round pick? We will see. I would take their second round pick unless they give up their 2018 first round pick as well.

true, but I don't think Bledsoe had much success against a BB defense.. he was a pretty immobile gunslinger that took a lot of chances.. even if Bledsoe played at an MVP level, he was old enough where it wouldn't haunt us for 10+ years the way Jimmy would lol

If Jimmy is the real deal and consistently plays the way we saw him in those first 6 quarters of the season, he would be a nightmare to play against for 10+ years in our own division.. especially after Brady retires.. ugh that would be rough losing a game to the Jets with Jimmy at QB.. <vomits>

NOT a Jets Fan!!! :)

The Jets are out, period . There is no way Belichick would trade him there.
Maybe true but BB will play along like they have a shot just to up the market

If they don't include some players then they Bears aren't getting him w/o the 3rd pick. BB would spin that to 3 first rounders.

Hypothetical. Would BB take a Miller or Bosa type with the 3rd if he had it?

Jimmy G would be the best QB the Bears have had in 50 years before the ink was dry on his contract.

Can we just imagine the league when BB could end up with the 3rd pick in the first round... so many options.. two potential HOF safety's.. the option that we could take that 3rd round pick and turn it into multiple first rounders etc.. what would you guys do with the pick

More accurately, if he tried, the JEST should run screaming.

Can we just imagine the league when BB could end up with the 3rd pick in the first round... so many options.. two potential HOF safety's.. the option that we could take that 3rd round pick and turn it into multiple first rounders etc.. what would you guys do with the pick

According to the report the Bears are not willing at this point to use there #3 pick for JG. I still think Cleveland has more to offer the Patriots.. unless like some other people mentioned the bears trade picks + players.

I wonder how many teams will drop out and BB having the last team bid against themselves like he did to the jokes with Revis?

If we could pry the #3 pick from the Bears so we could select Jonathan Allen I would do that in a heartbeat.
Maybe a 3rd rounder in 2018 also from them.

Belichick should use that pick on the best offensive lineman on the board, preferably a tackle. Brady's successor should have time to keep this dynasty going.

I don't particularly care where Jimmy ends up as he'll be an ex-Patriots player at that stage. What I do care for is the Pats getting the best possible return in that transaction.

This. All kinds of this.

Jimmy G would be the best QB the Bears have had in 50 years before the ink was dry on his contract.
I'd take McMahon over Jimmy in a do or die game.

Awesome news. Let the bidding begin

Yep, it only takes two to tango, but three for a troika or four for a square dance makes for a much more interesting offseason!

The Jets are going to pursue Garoppolo? They better be coming with offers with at least two firsts to even be considered.

Of course not but keep them in the bidding to up the ante...... Some other team is offering a one and a two, push the Jets to a 1 and two 2s and use that as leverage with the other team........
If you're playing poker and you look around the table and can;t tell who the sucker is, that it's you... Make the Jets the sucker in this deal giving them hope they might get him and then...........
latest

Best destination for him and for us. Out into the wild west NFC.
I will give him to the Jets for three first round picks for the next three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST