PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears are now expressing interest in trade for Jimmy G

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jets....

giphy.gif

If they think they are getting Jimmy for a bunch of 2nd round picks they are dreaming though. If you are gonna try to get him for a bunch of first I would just rather keep him 1 more year and keep the option open to franchise him in 2019.

Leonard floyd and their second round pick for jimmy G.

It's been mentioned before - send him to the Browns and we'll never know regret.

I have a feeling Jimmy G goes to Bears.

I hope JAG gets a decent chance in life like with the Bears vs Cleveland.

...and as to draft capital, a team lacking a bit could raise their draft picks deal by adding in a young player BB likes. I'm sure the Pats have identified a plethora of young talent on all 31 teams that they covet, come FA or sooner say by trade for JAG.

wasn't too long ago when many were saying a 2nd rounder tops

Wit
Someone is going to go crazy. I can feel it!

Also I stand by the "any bid below 2000 draft points or enough to turn it into that is an automatic no" stance.
With the upcoming QB Draft Class being so weak it is a seller's market. Fleece some GM Bill.

If they think they are getting Jimmy for a bunch of 2nd round picks they are dreaming though. If you are gonna try to get him for a bunch of first I would just rather keep him 1 more year and keep the option open to franchise him in 2019.

That's the thing. In a vacuum, if the Bears are thinking a 2nd this year (#25?) and a 2nd next year is fair and worth it for Jimmy, that's fine. Problem is that this is the 3rd story emerging this week about a team that really wants him. And the Jets too, as if they'd ever really have a shot.... As anyone who's bought a house knows all too well, it sounds like "best and final offers" will be requested by Bill and the Bears (and everyone else) need to be prepared to move beyond that "in a vacuum" offer. Possibly well beyond....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST