PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears are now expressing interest in trade for Jimmy G

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see a scenario where Belichick gets a 2
and a 4 this year and a 1 the following season. That would be BB being BB.

what i want for return is two 1sts and a 4th

sound familiar? (#1 for wrong spot to place a camera gate, #1, and #4 for physics being real gate)

Don't forget Houston. I think Houston is a dark horse. Jimmy has another year on his rookie deal, which makes Osweiller's cap money easier to swallow next season. Ultimately though, I think it will come down to Cleveland, SF, and the Bears. Two of those teams are in the NFC, and Cleveland isn't a threat to the Patriots at the top of the AFC. One thing about Houston that does give me pause, is that with a good QB they could be a problem. Thing is, BB did trade Bledsoe to the Bills, so he might not care if they meet his price.
There's always a dark horse, maybe Arizona (planning for post Palmer) who might be willing to overpay..

I'm hoping the Pats keep him. I think he can play and we've all seen what happens to teams without a top tier QB, i.e. Jets, Dolphins, Bills. I really believe both BB and TB12 pack it in after next season.
BB because he'll be 65 and is on record as not wanting to be like Marv Levy and TB12 because his kids are growing up and I think he'll want to devote more time to them and I really suspect he wants to raise them in Cali. near his parents.

That's an angle that I hadn't considered ... retirement for Brady. I don't really want to think about that though. It's too scary.

FWIW, Joe Banner, former president of the Browns and eagles, tweeted that he's not guaranteeing the pats get a first round pick but says he KNOWS at least two teams are considering it. He also mentions he doesn't know that the Pats would not prefer two seconds over a first.

I'm hoping the Pats keep him. I think he can play and we've all seen what happens to teams without a top tier QB, i.e. Jets, Dolphins, Bills. I really believe both BB and TB12 pack it in after next season.
BB because he'll be 65 and is on record as not wanting to be like Marv Levy and TB12 because his kids are growing up and I think he'll want to devote more time to them and I really suspect he wants to raise them in Cali. near his parents.

Right.
That's why Brady SOLD his brand new CA home he built for 10s of millions and then built another home in Brookline MA because he really wants his kids to grow up in CA's dysfunctional 21st century culture.

Right.
That's why Brady SOLD his brand new CA home he built for 10s of millions and then built another home in Brookline MA because he really wants his kids to grow up in CA's dysfunctional 21st century culture.
Not privy to anything, the difference in the two state's state income tax ( Massachusetts at 5.1% vs California's top rate of 13.3%) might have had something to do with it.......

I would think a 4th rounder for JG this year is out as trade bait....Isn't the highest 4th the Pats have forfeited due to DeflateGate??

This IS a case that can be made for JG to Chicago for the #3 pick, IF the Bears are finally parting ways with Cutler (which is likely).

1. As I have stated many many times now, JG is a better QB option, with a lower downside, higher ceiling, and capable of having an immediate impact, than any QB available in the draft.

2. Being from that area, he'd have a very positive marketing potential for gear and tickets. JG would be a big plus $ wise.

3, and perhaps most importantly, John Fox is NOT drafting for the future. He needs to win now, or anyone one he drafts in April will be playing for the next HC in 2018. He desperately needs a QB, and he needs a QB who can win in 2017, and NONE of the draftable QB's can do that for him.

So in the end for the #3 pick the Bears would get more of an impact player that is more likely to translate into wins than ANY player they could pick if they keep the pick.

And the same goes for the Browns at 12, and to a lesser extent the Niners at 2, because Shanahan will have at least a 3 year grace period, so can afford to possibly take the time to develop a young QB.

Any one of those teams trading their first round pick to Pats would generate very nice draft capital for BB.....Trading down for extra picks in first second or third round.....
One can dream :)

Right.

yup, he fits right in with all the libs in Brookline. As soon as he sells Brookline, he and his wife will have made another tidy little profit. No way he lives in Mass after he retires. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST