Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you worried another SB loss will damage Brady’s legacy?

• Yes

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • A little

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • No

Votes: 160 92.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
I see some talk here and elsewhere that if the Pats lose on Sunday than it won’t be so bad because then Brady can’t get a 4th SB loss tying the record on this category.

The haters (tm) will talk and yuk it up if it happens but I think there is zero impact to his legacy and GOAT status if he loses Sunday or two weeks so it’s interesting to see even a few Pats fans feel this way. Just wanted to see how many here really do share that opinion.

Last edited:
No. Just no. If the Pat's win on Sunday that's 9 Superbowls Brady has gone to, 9! The next closest is 5. Win or lose just getting to a superbowl is a hell of an accomplishment so if anything it ADDS to his legacy IMO.

17-3
49-3
36-24

Those are the losing scores of Montana's 49ers in three straight one-and-dones. They were defending champs in the first. The last one was particularly bad as they were home as the heavy title favorite and Montana got benched in favor of Young after a disastrous start.

But hey, he's 4-0 in Super Bowls. He's the best!

Regards,
Chris

To me, I don't think it matters at all. It's for people like Stephen A.Smith or Max Kellerman who like to discredit everything Brady or Pats do and are good at.
There are actually people that believe a superbowl loss is worse than not being to superbowl at all.

I'd rather go to a superbowl to actally have a shot at getting another ring than not making the big game at all. Every other team in the league tries hard every year to make it but only two teams do. Pats are almost always one of them. Imagine being the other 31 looking at Pats making a deep run in playoffs ever year. :eek:

200.gif

So Ben Rothlisberger's legacy is better served this year than Tom Brady's unless Brady wins the SB?

When I put it that way, does it offer, perhaps, a bit of perspective?

Being out of it by Thanksgiving is the worst.
Ending in December/early January is bad.
Getting in the playoffs is good.
Going deep in the playoffs is better.
Going to the Superbowl is better.
Winning the Superbowl is best.

OTOH I think a PED bust will torpedo his legacy. Extremely unlikely that will happen.

His legacy is set imo.
Tell me why would you even post that?
Are you insinuating he gets desperate to prolong his career?
If so that's a bunch a crap.

Tell me why would you even post that?
Are you insinuating he gets desperate to prolong his career?
If so that's a bunch a crap.

Probably not worded the way I wanted to. I think Brady’s legacy really is set in stone, and the only thing that would shatter it is that. That’s all. He says he’ll walk away when he “starts to suck” and I believe him. Can’t see him resort to that at all.

Last edited:
Montana 4-0
Brady hopefully 6-3 after this year.

Huge difference.

Look, obviously 5-3 in Super Bowls looks better than 5-4 (and 6-3 looks even better). But the facts are that Brady's won more Super Bowls than anyone and has appeared in far more than anyone by a long shot. It would just go down as a "he wasn't able to win all the big ones but he won more than anyone," situation.

Look at it this way -- Otto Graham was/is considered one of the greatest QBs ever, and he "only" went 3-3 in NFL Championship games (7-3 overall when AAFC is included). And people do make a comment about that, but that's usually after how much in awe they are of the fact that he went to the Championship Game in his league every season in his career. 20 years from now (and even now, as we're seeing), people will/would be making similar comments about Brady.

17-3
49-3
36-24

Those are the losing scores of Montana's 49ers in three straight one-and-dones. They were defending champs in the first. The last one was particularly bad as they were home as the heavy title favorite and Montana got benched in favor of Young after a disastrous start.

But hey, he's 4-0 in Super Bowls. He's the best!

Regards,
Chris

Montana was 4-3 in conference title games.

In those days, the NFC title game was the "Superbowl".......

=========================================

I don't care if Brady loses 10,000 Superbowls....just getting there is an amazing feat. See Jim Kelly and LeBron.

I care about Brady’s legacy but I care about watching the Pats play the Super Bowl more. Win or lose, I would rather see that.

I just don't want to see him lose another one. Last year almost killed me. I'm so sick of these Montana "4-0!!!" mother ****ers

The Kellerman's of the world will try to taint it and the haters will take any scrap of meat they can. So in the short term it will to some extent and even more so if that loss is to Brees.

Long term in any era never mind the salary cap era that makes 13 conference appearances with 9 wins and 9 sb appearances with 5 wins. Three of the losses the defense makes one play after Brady gave them a 4th quarter lead and they win those games. Obviously we don't know about the theoretical 4th game.

I see some talk here and elsewhere that if the Pats lose on Sunday than it won’t be so bad because then Brady can’t get a 4th SB loss tying the record on this category.

Someone thinks this is an actual UPSIDE to a loss this weekend in KC? What a loathsome, joyless point of view.

Haters are gonna hate, ad they will troll us with dumb chit no matter what, just to garner clicks. Don't let them bait you, gang. Brady is Secretariat in the Belmont. It's no longer a question of whether or not he's the GOAT, it's how high the bar is set. It's how many lengths will he win by? That's what's at stake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back